Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Sounds like a good idea to me....more interesting than work anyday...
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see a different interior color also from the Wasabi -- NW Sky or Steel would be great!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Keep checking this page: you may find a color you thought was gone forever

I am posting a big thank you, Darcy, for creating this thread about availability of bags and colors—because this morning it allowed me to snag another TB bag in gorgeous Red Blend!

Le me back up a bit first. I have successfully managed to resist the lure of the Field Journal Notebook for its entire life cycle from birth to retirement, as I’m just not a three-ring binder kind of person. But last December when TB debuted Red Blend, I fell in love. What a gorgeous, deeply-saturated jewel-like red color! Most reds put me off because they are too garish and orange-y, but not RB.

So when I saw this thread and noted that the late lamented FJN was still haunting the warehouse—and in my beloved Red Blend—I had to have it, three-ring binder be damned!

But my joy was short-lived. When I clicked on the link last week, the FJN product page showed only Grey. I was so disappointed.

But the Red Blend must have been whispering my name infrasonically or something across the miles, because for some reason this morning I clicked on the FJN link—and to my surprise and delight, Red Blend was listed in the dropdown menu again, and a seductive photo of it showed up on the page when I clicked its name in the list. [I do love the new software.]

Having learned from past experience that she who hesitates loses the TB bag of her dreams, I instantly put the RB-FJN in my cart. I went off to look at accessories, hoping for a 3D Mesh organizer in Red Blend, or maybe a Daylight Backpack even. When I came back to the FJN product page, a rude shock awaited me. Now the page was showing only Grey again as a color option. Aack!

Before I gave into dismay and despair, I checked my cart again: the Red Blend FJN was still there. So without waiting a nanosecond I went through checkout, then sat around for three hours until the Mother Ship opened on the other Coast, crossing my fingers and hoping that the Red Blend FJB was really, truly in stock: that maybe the newly-updated website software was so efficient that it instantly reflected changes—even when someone puts something in a shopping cart. But part of me feared that I might get a dreaded email from the TB crew saying, “Sorry, the last one was sold right before you went through checkout.” Which would have been awful!

But frabjous day, callou callay, no such calamity occurred. I just got my shipping notice: the Red Blend FJN is mine! I am so excited, and already planning how I might use it.

The moral of this tale? Keep checking this thread, because sometimes the color of your dreams may briefly reappear.

~Nancy

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nancy, So glad you got your Red Blend FJN! I noticed that the product page for the Field Journal Notebook quickly went down to only showing Grey after Darcy posted about the ability of some more FJNs (in all colors), and then the Red Blend came back later as an option (probably courtesy of their new, efficient inventory system). So glad that you got one! I still look at the product pages themselves, though, because there were a few instances where someone must have returned 1 of the larger bag options (A45 or A30), as we've happily heard that some forum members have found their Black Dyneema/Island Aeronaut combos only this week. (These items didn't stay around the product pages very long, but they were briefly up).

moriond

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got really excited when I saw a black dyneema/island for the A30 was available on the main travel bag page, only to see it actually isn't listed on the product page. I like the new system, but it seems the main page with multiple products doesn't seem to be in sync with the actual product page. It still shows that color combination is available, as well as for the A45. Otherwise I really like the new changes. Thanks

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we could pre order bags. I've wanted a Black Dyneema Daylight Backpack for awhile. But last time they came and sold really quickly. I would have put money on it two months ago.

Thanks

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdowney83 View Post
    Got really excited when I saw a black dyneema/island for the A30 was available on the main travel bag page, only to see it actually isn't listed on the product page. I like the new system, but it seems the main page with multiple products doesn't seem to be in sync with the actual product page. It still shows that color combination is available, as well as for the A45. Otherwise I really like the new changes. Thanks
    I was fortunate to get one of these last week by calling. I had called the week before and a black dyneema/island A45 was available, but I knew it would be too big for my needs. When I called again a week later, an A30 was available. Since there is a 60-day return policy, someone may decide to return one soon. The TB crew is always so gracious in checking inventory and I hope they can find one for you too.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I hope so too! I emailed them last week with no luck, but maybe I will try again this week, you never know.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooooh, the Black/Aubergine/Wasabi Smart Alec is back in stock and listed for sale!!!!!

I'm still so, SO tempted to get it (just booked an overnight trip that would be perfect for it) but I think I will hold out and see if the rumored October run has a non-Wasabi interior. I would be more regretful of getting Wasabi now and seeing a non-Wasabi (especially NW Sky/Steel or UV) interior in 2 months, than I would regret waiting 2 months and ending up with Wasabi anyway. I think.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question for @Darcy... since another batch of black dyneema/Island A30s, etc was just released, dare we hope for more stuff in Island and the other summer dyneema colours? Or did the latest lot of soft luggage use up all/most of the remaining Island?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Question for @Darcy... since another batch of black dyneema/Island A30s, etc was just released, dare we hope for more stuff in Island and the other summer dyneema colours? Or did the latest lot of soft luggage use up all/most of the remaining Island?
    Actually, we didn't make another batch of Black Dyneema/Island A30s: those were bags from the very first batch we made. We had removed them from the website when we only had a few left so we wouldn't oversell them (and have to call people with the sad news that they wouldn't actually be getting a BHLD A30 after all!)

We're now experimenting with a website inventory feature that allows us to set inventory levels for specific bags -- and tell the website to automatically remove them when that inventory hits zero. That allows us to add bags like the Black Dyneema/Island Aeronaut 30s (and the Field Journal Notebooks) back to the website without worrying about them being oversold, which means we can offer those very last bags to everyone. Yay! We couldn't use this feature previously because we took backorders (and thus didn't want the website to remove bags once their inventory hit zero).

The new inventory feature has some potential minuses, like anything:

- It doesn't remove the swatch from the category page as @jdowney83 noted.

- It means we won't be able to take special orders for bags that aren't orderable on the website. The workaround for that was for folks to call, ask if we had one left of a bag, and then we'd place an order with them through the website for a different bag but put in the comments that they really wanted a BHLD A30 instead. Now, as you can imagine, if we did that, it would mess with those set inventory levels. So, sadly, no more calling in to see if we have one left of something/place an order for it, but we hope that means you don't call less! We still want to talk with everyone. I had planned to announce this officially soon and will do so in a sticky thread, but consider this the first announcement!

- Inventory is removed when people add bags to their shopping baskets. That's why you've seen some bags like the FJN and A30s appear, disappear, and then reappear; if someone doesn't checkout, the bags sit there until their shopping basket expires.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're now experimenting with a website inventory feature that allows us to set inventory levels for specific bags -- and tell the website to automatically remove them when that inventory hits zero. That allows us to add bags like the Black Dyneema/Island Aeronaut 30s (and the Field Journal Notebooks) back to the website without worrying about them being oversold, which means we can offer those very last bags to everyone. Yay! We couldn't use this feature previously because we took backorders (and thus didn't want the website to remove bags once their inventory hit zero).
    Very cool! BTW, does your .sig need updating? ("Citizen Canine prototype"?)
    Last edited by adalangdon; 08-11-2015 at 06:48 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Very cool! BTW, does your .sig need updating? ("prototype Citizen Canine"?)
    It probably does! But I still have that prototype somewhere.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Darcy, very helpful! Though I can't help but wonder after Adalangdon's initial question. 'Dare we hope for more stuff in Island and/or other summer dyneema collo(u)rs?'

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, thanks for this update! I hope the shopping basket expiration period is not too long - I could imagine people adding items into the bag to have dibs on them while they make up their minds, and then those bags would not be available in inventory for others ready to purchase at the time that they prepare their basket.

I don't know if this would be appropriate for TB, but I know of one company (clothing) that color codes items to indicate adequate stock, low stock, or out of stock. It could be helpful for those wishing to know how quickly they should decide on their order. On the other hand, probably best to introduce just a couple of tweaks at a time.

Thank you for making the purchasing process more consumer-centered all the time.

Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast