Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    As fanciful as the Dyneema/Halcyon color names are, and even though I have several pieces in them, I'm flat out tired of puke green and violent violet. With real red as the only "viable" color (other than gravel gray and boring black), I can't color code things in their respective opaque sacks. How about bringing back bright blue or a warm, royal blue, even if it makes my two Island Aeronauts and Travel Tray no longer "collector items"? What about a good green?
    While I actually love 'puke green', I'm with you on 'violent violet', 'gravel grey' and 'boring black'. Some more colours in the Aether packing cubes and other products would be nice. A brighter blue would be popular with many people and I too would like another green. The Sitka limited edition colour was lovely. I personally would like a dark brown, something in a dark chocolate or espresso colour. I've seen something in 'Cocoa' (a café bag?) but that was rather boring and not a rich enough brown.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Island blue is going to be part of the color lineup again soon!

USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    How about bringing back bright blue or a warm, royal blue, even if it makes my two Island Aeronauts and Travel Tray no longer "collector items"?
    There's some good news and there's some bad news…

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates on when Island will start being offered regularly, I know during the vote that November was suggested. I have been saving up for an Island Hero's Journey! Of course I will be on a medical mission the first two weeks of November, so it will probably be then

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping for nordic exterior and island interior.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post
    I'm hoping for nordic exterior and island interior.
    I second that.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance we're going to see more Nordic/UV for Side Effect, Cafe Bags, etc? Would love give one as an Xmas gift.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace Wasabi with Sitka altogether. )))) A Hero's Journey with Black halcyon and a sitka interior.... :-O

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdowney83 View Post
    Any updates on when Island will start being offered regularly, I know during the vote that November was suggested.
    Okay, I can finally offer an answer here because we've finalized the designs that we will share for the last debut of 2016! (Well, there's one design that's still in the works that might be finished by then -- if isn't, it will be an early 2017 debut. You guys know how these things go: we take our time to make sure a design meets its full potential before we release it.)

Bags and accessories in Island will debut on Monday, November 28th, along with other things that are new yet familiar....

Quote Originally Posted by jdowney83 View Post
    I have been saving up for an Island Hero's Journey! Of course I will be on a medical mission the first two weeks of November, so it will probably be then
    Now for some not-so-great news: while it's likely we will make The Hero's Journey in Island at some point, it probably won't be available until early-to-mid 2017. So it won't become available while you're on your medical mission (that's super cool you're doing that and tell us about if you get a chance!)

Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    Any chance we're going to see more Nordic/UV for Side Effect, Cafe Bags, etc? Would love give one as an Xmas gift.
    I checked our production schedule and it looks like we aren’t planning to make Nordic/Ultraviolet in the next batches of those designs. That said, as you might’ve seen, more Nordic/Ultraviolet Swifts are available now.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Bags and accessories in Island will debut on Monday, November 28th, along with other things that are new yet familiar....
    Oh my gosh, best birthday gift ever! Fingers crossed that a Black Halcyon/Island A30 will be part of this debut...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caitirilt View Post
    Oh my gosh, best birthday gift ever! Fingers crossed that a Black Halcyon/Island A30 will be part of this debut...
    It will indeed.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh. I'm going to have to consider that.

How about Nordic Halycon/Island?
    Last edited by Crinoidea; 10-26-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now for some not-so-great news: while it's likely we will make The Hero's Journey in Island at some point, it probably won't be available until early-to-mid 2017. So it won't become available while you're on your medical mission (that's super cool you're doing that and tell us about if you get a chance!)

That is actually good news, I was expecting them to go on sale while I was gone and had no internet I plan to take my A45 with me and maybe a S25, I will need to look at the airline and see how strict they are on personal items, might have to go with a pilot instead. I will share my experience when I get back, it is my first time going on a medical mission so I am not really sure how it will go.

Thank you Darcy for the update!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I can finally offer an answer here because we've finalized the designs that we will share for the last debut of 2016! (Well, there's one design that's still in the works that might be finished by then -- if isn't, it will be an early 2017 debut. You guys know how these things go: we take our time to make sure a design meets its full potential before we release it.)

I checked our production schedule and it looks like we aren’t planning to make Nordic/Ultraviolet in the next batches of those designs. That said, as you might’ve seen, more Nordic/Ultraviolet Swifts are available now.
    Gorgeous Swift!

So upset I missed so many Nordic/UV designs.

Are you planing to make a Nordic/UV S25?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Gorgeous Swift!

So upset I missed so many Nordic/UV designs.

Are you planing to make a Nordic/UV S25?
    @backpack, @kieri,

I don't think that either of you missed the Nordic/UV Side Effects -- that color combination has not yet been made up yet (according to a check of the New Bags and Colors Ready to Order thread, to verify my memory, although Nordic has been paired with Iberian and Wasabi, as well as Northwest Sky for the Side Effect.

As for the Swift in Nordic/UV, the color combination was gorgeous, but I'm wondering whether the batch of Cordura being used for the Swift handles is less "aggressive" than the material used four months ago. (See, for example, my post and some of the other forum discussion about this.)

moriond

Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast