Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 74 of 132 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1966
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! It's beautiful.
    I'm semi-relieved that the S25 just doesn't fit me. So my wallet is safe from that one. Otherwise I'd be tempted. I love the look.
    Though you might have to dress a bit retro to match the backpack. Smilie No fluorescent sneakers or state-of-the-art water bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncing View Post
    The blue+coyote Synapse Guides Edition is a really nice looking bag. I never cared for the look of the Synapse before, but man... that looks like a bag my dad would have had in the early 80s when he used to carry me through the Colorado rockies after my legs got tired. Nostalgia. Smilie
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s a quickie shot looking down into my bag with the iPhone 6+ and a Pouch. There is plenty of room for a larger phone in it.

We stopped to grab a bite to eat. The open road awaits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Selykg View Post
    The internal frame for the S25 is probably the only real interesting thing in this release. At least in my opinion.

I was still crossing my fingers for a great ~30-35L travel backbag that handled laptops better (like the Minaal Carry-On). Beginning to think that dream is simply that, a dream.

Will say the Guide Pack edition S25 is neat looking, but not sure I personally find the aesthetic worth the extra $40. That bag likely wasn't made for people like me though so that's all good. It does look pretty great in that blue color way though.

The pop tote is something i fear I'd never find a use for though. Sounds like that's the thing most people are excited about however, so it sounds like that's a good choice for them to release.
    Pretty sure the upcharge on the guides version of the S25 is all the included internal framesheet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mausermama: Totally stupid question, but is there a TB patch on both sides, or just one side? This is important for TARDIS patch placement.

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Though you might have to dress a bit retro to match the backpack. Smilie No fluorescent sneakers or state-of-the-art water bottles.
    Really, just in life: no fluorescent sneakers. Wink

I would totally bring this bag on a 2 month trip to, like, South America and it would be amazing.

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    Here’s a quickie shot looking down into my bag with the iPhone 6+ and a Pouch. There is plenty of room for a larger phone in it.
    This picture further reinforces my desire for the Deep Blue / Dawn colorway that shall never materialize....

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIM View Post
    Pretty sure the upcharge on the guides version of the S25 is all the included internal framesheet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ah, i didn't realize that the guide version had the internal frame sheet, thanks for pointing that out! That would explain the difference in price. And it's probably more a nice to have option for a majority of people who want the guide pack version.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Mausermama: Totally stupid question, but is there a TB patch on both sides, or just one side? This is important for TARDIS patch placement.
    This is not @Mausermama, but the Tom Bihn label is only on one side of the Pop Tote. And the internal color is taken from the reverse side of the 525d Ballistic Nylon, so there's no separate lining color. While I love the Deep Blue color -- and it particularly looks great with the Coyote lining in the new Guide's Pack version of the Synapse 25 -- this was one of the factors that pushed me towards the Mars Red Pop Tote.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 11-20-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is picture of the all Black 525 Ballistic Pop Tote filled with groceries (and "popped") compared to a Movable Feast and Large Shop Bag with a Small Shop Bag in front (the folded item is a folded Small Shop Bag).

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-tote_mf_lsb_ssb-jpg

I love this bag. The zippered top really helped keep things dry that day and the fact you can zip it up "popped" or not is great. i reminds me of a good utility tote with the 2 side pockets and 2 zippered compartments on top of the pockets. It is great to fit long items - e.g. tools or groceries, pens, etc. I think the "tall" dimensions really make this bag look great.

Also, in a pinch, it can hold my 14" laptop in a case (14"x10"). However, this does stretch the bag such that the side pockets are not as usable. The fact that it can be zipped close is what I like so my laptop stays dry.

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 11-20-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance we might see the Pop Tote in Halcyon in the future?!?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody know the length of the handle on the Pop Tote? For example, on the website for the shop bags, it lists "Handle Length: Small - 19.5" / 495 mm; Large - 26" / 660 mm." Looking at the pictures of the Pop Tote, it looks similar but looks can be deceiving. Just wondering if it will sit and hang on a shoulder similar to the shop bags.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Moriond! Navy is my least favorite color, but if I can turn it into a TARDIS, I might have to get a blue one, TOO.

I think the PopTart (TM) might be the weaving tote I've been looking for from TB.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The internal frame sheet is a great addition to the Synapse line. I like that you can buy the sheet separate to put into your existing Synapse. In addition to providing some load transfer capability (though not a much as a external frame), it helps to customize the pack to your body so the backpack weight can be closer to your body and easier to carry - also more comfortable. It also allows the Synapse to better keep its shape when not full and stand up on its own (with a bit of work).

For the Guide's Edition Synapse, I also love the 3 new mounting positions for the webbing (lash straps, Ice Pick strap). Though I am a 'City" boy, I loved the SA for its optional ability to attach large things outside of pack using the bungie. With the Guide's Synapse (GES or GS?), the solution is low profile and smooth with just the diamond patches showing flush with the pack. This way I have flexibility - keep the S25's streamlined shape but still have the option to pack things externally if the need arises - e.g. strap in a tripod, a yoga mat maybe, that kitchen sink you just bought (just kidding ... but I am sure you could).

There is also a webbing loop handle at the bottom - a great way to pull your bag if it is packed such that you cannot get to the upper handle.

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    Here is picture of the all Black 525 Ballistic Pop Tote filled with groceries (and "popped") compared to a Movable Feast and Large Shop Bag with a Small Shop Bag in front (the folded item is a folded Small Shop Bag).

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-tote_mf_lsb_ssb-jpg

I love this bag. The zippered top really helped keep things dry that day and the fact you can zip it up "popped" or not is great. i reminds me of a good utility tote with the 2 side pockets and 2 zippered compartments on top of the pockets. It is great to fit long items - e.g. tools or groceries, pens, etc. I think the "tall" dimensions really make this bag look great.

Cheers!
    A few comments: I also like the height of the Pop Tote, and the lines of the handle and the tape accents marking off the side pockets (not as visible in black), make this a graceful design despite the great carrying capacity of the slightly boxier form. The 525d Ballistic Nylon material Is lighter weight than the 1050d Ballistic Nylon, but is still structured enough so that the bag can sit open when empty and on the floor (knitters take note). A large organizer pouch fits entirely below the zipper when the tote is snapped open.

I can easily insert a couple of Small Western Flyer Packing Cubes, if I want to use this for carrying clothes for a getaway trip. And I can also carry my 13" laptops horizontally in a cache in this bag. It's also good for toting food along for a picnic or gathering (though beverages will have to go inside, in general -- the angled outer pockets are better designed to fit different sized (larger) phones/phablets. The Ballistic Nylon gives more flat support for heavy items stowed in the Pop Tote than the Halcyon Shop Bags do.

Still, for shopping purposes I am not going to give up my Shop Bags -- especially since I've sized both Small and Large Shop Bags to handle different size beverages (milk cartons, juice, bottles of various sorts) in the side pockets, where the pockets can both provide insulation (separate cold items from hot), and pack in items without having them roll around or require additional bags.

Just another great design to make you want to BuY ALL THE BAGS

moriond

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Does anybody know the length of the handle on the Pop Tote? For example, on the website for the shop bags, it lists "Handle Length: Small - 19.5" / 495 mm; Large - 26" / 660 mm." Looking at the pictures of the Pop Tote, it looks similar but looks can be deceiving. Just wondering if it will sit and hang on a shoulder similar to the shop bags.
    From my check, attachment point to attachment point, it is 23 inches. Funny thing is I compared this to a SSB and LSB that I have and they both measured the same - 23 inches as well.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Page 74 of 132 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast