Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 75 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1966
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    From my check, attachment point to attachment point, it is 23 inches. Funny thing is I compared this to a SSB and LSB that I have and they both measured the same - 23 inches as well.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Yes, it does help. Thank you for measuring.

I have small and large zest shop bags in my office and just now compared the strap lengths and you're right; they are the same. I wonder if the info on the website is outdated and originally the handles were those dimensions.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Cincinnati, OH
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy those guide pack themed S25's are going to be a huge hit! Something about that "Alpine" look is very appealing. I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if they decided to expand the theme to other existing bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    From my check, attachment point to attachment point, it is 23 inches. Funny thing is I compared this to a SSB and LSB that I have and they both measured the same - 23 inches as well.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Yes, the padded handles on the Pop Tote match those of the large shop bag if you line them up from where they are connected to the main body of the bag. The straps of my Swift are very slightly longer -- maybe an extra half inch or less on each side if I line up the handles of the two bags. But the Swift is also a slightly taller bag than the Pop Tote when cariried over shoulder.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Cincinnati, OH
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own the Minaal carry on along with a number of TB bags, and I have to agree. Something focused on tech friendly single bag travel but not briefcase style (like the Tri-Star, etc. which are not as appealing for me) would be a welcomed addition to an already epic line of travel gear. That being said, I do think the guide pack as a theme is a winner for the TB crowd!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c05eden View Post
    I own the Minaal carry on along with a number of TB bags, and I have to agree. Something focused on tech friendly single bag travel but not briefcase style (like the Tri-Star, etc. which are not as appealing for me) would be a welcomed addition to an already epic line of travel gear. That being said, I do think the guide pack as a theme is a winner for the TB crowd!
    That's the thing for me as well. While most of the Tom Bihn stuff is nicely swappable between carry styles (duffle, backpack, etc) I just want a really nice backpack version that can hold my laptop and a weeks worth of clothing. Something in the 30-35L size range. Like A30 sizing but designed for that single bag travel with technical goodies.

I'm a remote worker, so when I travel for work I tend to have to carry a lot of... well.. work stuff. I'd love if I could have a nice place to store a laptop and iPad along with my usual clothing stuff. With a huge emphasis on it being a great backpack and not a convertible product.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pop Tote looks like a great addition to the line. Any pictures of it folded or flat? Where are the o-rings in the main compartment? (For example, could a side effect or similar be attached to the rings to further organize the interior?

I can see lots of uses for this bag but will limit myself to only one on Nov. 27 so everyone gets a chance to order one. (flashback to TC frustration...)
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c05eden View Post
    Boy those guide pack themed S25's are going to be a huge hit! Something about that "Alpine" look is very appealing. I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if they decided to expand the theme to other existing bags.
    The Deep Blue and Coyote color option looks really good. I haven't had a chance to really play with this yet, but the frame support is lighter, and more convenient than I thought it would be. I love the added convenience of the double zipper on the bottom front pocket, and the lash strap accessories. Just wanted to point out that anyone who wants to get a Guardian Light in a matching Coyote base instead of black, can order the Skookum Dog Guardian Light with either white or red light, since the option doesn't appear listed on the Product page; I think they only get a maximum number of drop-down menu options they can list there.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 11-20-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, what a great debut day!

The S25(GE) is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Jealous of the two zippers on the bottom pocket! And the frame sheet! I've been using my FS as a stand-in and I will be getting the frame sheet to do the job properly.

I have been one of the ones clamouring for a zip-top shop bag so I love the Pop Tote. But since it is an unlined bag I am not sure. I would love it in Deep Blue but then that might become a bit of an abyss inside. I am eager to hear more on this. I mean, I have a small black shop bag but it is small and really open so I can see in it well enough. The Pop Tote looks bigger and taller. Can you see down to the bottom well enough?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    The Pop Tote looks like a great addition to the line. Any pictures of it folded or flat? Where are the o-rings in the main compartment? (For example, could a side effect or similar be attached to the rings to further organize the interior?

I can see lots of uses for this bag but will limit myself to only one on Nov. 27 so everyone gets a chance to order one. (flashback to TC frustration...)
    There are six o-Rings in the Pop Tote:three on each side, all near the end pockets. Inside the Pop Tote, the O-rings at either end are located just below where the zipper starts, but they're slightly offset, to be about 1.2" to the left of the zipper center as viewed from the inside. If you're viewing the side pockets of the bag from the outside, there is one O-ring inside the outside zippered pocket at the top left, above the zipper and opposite the position of the zipper head when the pocket is unzipped. There is another O-ring on the opposite side of the open part of the pocket, just above the zipper head for the outside zipped pocket when it is unzipped. And, if you place your hand on the inside of the open bag, just here is a third O-ring seated at the level of the outside pocket zipper (so slightly lower by about an inch than the two O-rings used for the outside pockets), about midway between the zipper head of the unzipped outer pocket, and the position of the zipper that closes the top of the bag (rough estimate 1.2" or 1.25" from either the position of the top zipper at one end and the zipper head or O-ring in the outside pocket on the other.). Same arrangement of another 3 O-rings on the other side of the bag.

HTH

moriond

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the Pop Tote - Flat picture you asked for to complement @moriond's O-Ring finds:

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-poptote_unpopped_flat-jpg

Let me know if you were looking for another picture.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 11-20-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some pictures of an Un-Popped Pop Tote:

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-poptote_unpopped_3quarters-jpg
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-poptole_unpopped_front-jpg
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-poptote_unpopped_top-jpg

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some pictures of an Popped Pop Tote:

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-poptote_popped_3quarters-jpg
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-poptote_popped_front-jpg
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-poptole_popped_top-jpg

Cheers!

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @tpnl

Did anyone try putting a Freudian slip in the PT? The MCB FS looks like it would fit...
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @tpnl

Did anyone try putting a Freudian slip in the PT? The MCB FS looks like it would fit...
    I’ve traveled with my Pop Tote and my MB FS. I’ll be happy to grab a photo and show what it looks like tomorrow. It’s too dark to get a decent photo right now. In short, the MB FS fits just fine, so the MCB FS should also fit. I know the bag is tall enough for it. I just left my MCB FS at home for this little journey and can’t demonstrate.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure I'll be pickup up one of those S19 internal frames at some point, will just have to resist getting the S25(GE) with it...

Page 75 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast