Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 76 of 183 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2742
    Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very intrigued to see one of the Pop Totes in person! The zipped option would be a great asset in the Seattle rain, even if it meant cheating on my many shop bags. I broke down and finally ordered a Travel Cubelet while out of town last week; unfortunately when I was finally able to pick it up today, there were no new designs on display. Alas, I would have loved to admire them in person. Smilie
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm struggling with the pop tote... bright red as you can't beat a cheery red, or go for it bright ultra-violet, or a pretty sensible blue, or black as that goes with everything...?

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologise in advance as I know this will have been asked already, but I never considered the new deep blue before and now need (yes, NEED prior to release day) to know how it compares with navy and how the new red compares to red blend?

Please can someone direct me to a thread with these photos. (I did try searching with no luck.)

Forum Member
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pop tote is definitely intriguing.... might be a great bag on the plane (with a DLBP stowed away in my A45 which I would carry when sightseeing).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    I apologise in advance as I know this will have been asked already, but I never considered the new deep blue before and now need (yes, NEED prior to release day) to know how it compares with navy and how the new red compares to red blend?

Please can someone direct me to a thread with these photos. (I did try searching with no luck.)
    Here's this one: https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...materials.html
    Lots of close up photos of all the colors by Ilkyway.

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so Iíd been trying to decide whether to make my next TB bag a Synapse 19, Synapse 25, or a Luminary.

I kept hesitating, though, because I have other backpacks, and then I saw the Pop Tote.

Now Iím all, WHY CANíT MONDAY COME FASTER???? Wink

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooohhhhh niiiiiice.

Poptote in my future ... most def.

(this is the first new bag in quite some time that immediately calls out to me... nice one Tom)
    List under construction ....

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The best general color comparison pictures for the new 525d Ballistic Nylon materials, may be found in @Ilkyway's thread from 06-27-2017 titled Shop Bags in knew colours and materials

Here are a few extracted images of Deep Blue (sans text description, which you can read in the linked thread):

The closest verbal comparison I can give is that Deep Blue is close to Navy Parapack in color -- it is a darker navy shade.

Mars Red is not close at all to Red Blend in color. Red blend is more of a wine or burgundy shade of red, as well as being darker. There are some comparisons of Mars Red to other reds in my post in the A question for those of you who have seen "Cloud" in person thread from 07-11-2017, but Red Blend is not one of those reds.

An unlined tote in Red Blend would be much darker inside than Mars Red

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed that the Coyote 210 ballistic is featured in these photos and has only now made an appearance in a finished product.
    There's also an Aubergine 525 ballistic in the same photo shoot. Wonder when/if we'll see products that colour? It would be my favourite 525 colour by far Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not have a comparison of the ballistic reds but I do have one for the ballistic blues.

Here is a comparison photo of a 525d Ballistic Deep Blue SCB (left) and Navy 1050d Ballistic Ristrettto (right).

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Just noticed that the Coyote 210 ballistic is featured in these photos and has only now made an appearance in a finished product.
    There's also an Aubergine 525 ballistic in the same photo shoot. Wonder when/if we'll see products that colour? It would be my favourite 525 colour by far Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hi @gqb,

Back when the new 210d and 525d Ballistic Nylons were first introduced (specifically first seen in the Luminary backpack, then succeeded by options for the Synapses, the Stowaway, various Cubelets, the Cafe Bags, Shop Bags, etc.), @sturbridge wrote Is 210 ballistic in coyote being used anywhere?

@Darcy replied:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Nice work spotting those two kindof-surprises Big Grin

Coyote 210 is mostly being reserved for Skookum Dog items and the like.

And Aubergine 525 will debut this Fall.
    We haven't actually seen the Aubergine 525d make an appearance yet. It may be that it won't happen unless/until they rotate out one of the other 525d Ballistic Nylon colors.

HTH

moriond

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    Hereís a quickie shot looking down into my bag with the iPhone 6+ and a Pouch. There is plenty of room for a larger phone in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Am I correct in assuming that an iPhone 6+ only fits in the open pocket and not the zippered one?
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that an iPhone 6+ only fits in the open pocket and not the zippered one?
    I do not have an iPhone 6+ but I measured the zippered pocket and compared it to the dimensions of the phone and it should fit it with some extra room if using a protective case. The zippered pocket measures 7" high up to the bottom part of the zipper and is 3.25" wide at the bottom and 5.25" wide at the zipper opening.

Maybe others can weigh in when they get their orders as well.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    I do not have an iPhone 6+ but I measured the zippered pocket and compared it to the dimensions of the phone and it should fit it with some extra room if using a protective case. The zippered pocket measures 7" high up to the bottom part of the zipper and is 3.25" wide at the bottom and 5.25" wide at the zipper opening.

Maybe others can weigh in when they get their orders as well.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    That’s great, thanks!
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide's Edition Synapse 25

Ok guys, you got me hooked... the Guide' Edition looks just like the cute little brother of my Guide's Pack. I really like the idea of the removable internal frame, not just in terms of carrying comfort but also because it takes the modular idea of TB's bags to another level... well done! And the color combination and details add a genuine remembrance-of-things-past kind of look. Let's see how long I can resist my craving for this one...Heart Eyes
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Page 76 of 183 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast