Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 78 of 131 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1951
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, Nordic 400d Halcyon (along with Black 400d Halcyon) has been used for items like Shop Bags and Packing Cube Shoulder Bags, although it has not been available for these products for some time. A check of my order history shows that I ordered Nordic shop bags on December 6, 2016, but I don't recall seeing them available for over half a year. It was also available in the Cafe Bags (usually Nordic/Wasabi, but they made the Large Cafe Bag in Nordic/Northwest Sky before it was retired). It's an option for the Side Kick, an in production option for the Side Effect, was an option for the final batch of the Smart Alec backpack (3 remaining at end of the November 15 debut day; last one sold the weekend one week after), is available for the Sprout kids' backpack, is in production for the Synapse 25 and Guide's Pack, and has been used for various travel bags, including the Night Flight Travel Duffel (sold out around July).

You can also find Nordic in the Parental Unit, and previous versions of the Swift knitting tote (not currently available)

Perhaps some of the most popular Nordic items are the Daylight Briefcase (all models, including Nordic/Northwest Sky, in production) and the Daylight Backpack (where this combo is also in Production).

There is also a long list of accessories which have never been available in the current Nordic Halcyon - organizer wallets, 3D cubes, Snake Charmers, Packing Cube Backpacks, etc.

HTH. if you're interested in a specific product's availability in Nordic (e.g., like the Shop Bags), please ask. In general, when new materials get introduced (like the 525d and 210d Ballistic Nylon that debuted with the Luminary and Stowaway early this summer), a lot of the production shifts to those materials. Also, the largest range of new color offerings in a product tends to be shortly after a new item debuts, and they figure out which color combinations are most in demand.
    I bought the following items in the new Nordic at the end of July/beginning of August 2017:

Large shop bag, Side effect, Smart Alec, Daylight briefcase (lining NWS on the last three). The LCB was available around this time as well but I picked it up secondhand from another forum member. The DLBC is constantly selling out and I only got it by chance checking the page (likely a return as there was no back in stock notification).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I bought the following items in the new Nordic at the end of July/beginning of August 2017:

Large shop bag, Side effect, Smart Alec, Daylight briefcase (lining NWS on the last three). The LCB was available around this time as well but I picked it up secondhand from another forum member. The DLBC is constantly selling out and I only got it by chance checking the page (likely a return as there was no back in stock notification).

The Daylight Briefcase in Nordic looks great, but I've resisted buying yet another DLBC, since I have this in the New Black Halcyon. I can understand why it sells out so fast. How do you like your Smart Alec? Again, here I opted for the new Black Halcyon. You may have noticed that I succumbed and bought a Night Flight Trave Duffel in Nordic/Wasabi this summer, after the influence of doing multiple pack ups the smaller two Yeoman Duffels. I still don't really currently travel enough in a fashion to warrant this bag (e.g., I always need to bring a laptop for work), but it showed up on eBay and the Nordic "spoke" to me. (This was after this color option had sold out on the Tom Bihn site --- I might have opted for Steel Ballostic had it been available).

Thanks for the recap.

moriond

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Daylight Briefcase in Nordic looks great, but I've resisted buying yet another DLBC, since I have this in the New Black Halcyon. I can understand why it sells out so fast. How do you like your Smart Alec? Again, here I opted for the new Black Halcyon. You may have noticed that I succumbed and bought a Night Flight Trave Duffel in Nordic/Wasabi this summer, after the influence of doing multiple pack ups the smaller two Yeoman Duffels. I still don't really currently travel enough in a fashion to warrant this bag (e.g., I always need to bring a laptop for work), but it showed up on eBay and the Nordic "spoke" to me. (This was after this color option had sold out on the Tom Bihn site --- I might have opted for Steel Ballostic had it been available).

Thanks for the recap.

moriond
    nNordic SA has been on 3 major outings one without me! My husband picked it for a business trip out of my TB arsenal. When he called me to say he had checked in, I asked how SA was doing and now Ill never live it down. I cant help he picked a retired item! Color is just so gorgeous and I do love it in halcyon. Ironically I did have a steel SA previously but sold it. My steel/steel NFTD is probably my most used bag for air travel.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the Nordic "spoke" to me.
    I am waiting for the new Nordic to speak to me also, or at least whisper in my ear. Before it debuted, I thought I would be obsessed with it since I love the original Nordic. I've bought a few bags in new Nordic and they are very nice, but it's not love at first sight. The only time I was found it stunning was @louisvilledanahys's picture of the Nordic SA with the red bungee. Maybe I only like the color in certain bags, which of course means I need to buy all the bags to see which Nordic ones speak to me.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am super excited to try out my Cloud Pop Tote at Ikea tonight, it should work perfectly as a shoulder tote to convert to a shopping bag at the end. I also tossed an S19 frame into my order at the last minute, which will be nice for carrying my heavily loaded bag for work tonight. I stopped by the store on the way down to my off-site meetings today, and got lucky enough to have a frame insertion demo from Tom himself. And considering how complicated that assembly is, I’m glad I got to see it in person for the first time!!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the above comments about nordic. I liked the sound of it and like it for certain bags, but not for others. But then that is true of many of the colours.

(except zest, even an aeronaut 45 would look good in zest.)

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    I am super excited to try out my Cloud Pop Tote at Ikea tonight, it should work perfectly as a shoulder tote to convert to a shopping bag at the end. I also tossed an S19 frame into my order at the last minute, which will be nice for carrying my heavily loaded bag for work tonight. I stopped by the store on the way down to my off-site meetings today, and got lucky enough to have a frame insertion demo from Tom himself. And considering how complicated that assembly is, Im glad I got to see it in person for the first time!!
    @Meglet

Id love to see your PT in action! Ordered cloud but it takes a week to arrive on the east coast.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @Meglet

I’d love to see your PT in action! Ordered cloud but it takes a week to arrive on the east coast.

Alas, I was too busy trying not to get lost in our recently remodeled Ikea (happened anyway) to take any action shots. But the Pop Tote was perfect for taking in as a "single bag" with my Travel Cubelet inside (moved over from where it spent the day in my Synapse 19 during work hours) plus a Small Shop Bag. When I got to checkout, I put the TC cross-body, then used the Shop Bag and Pop Tote to carry my smaller purchases.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much Awbee!! I will keep an eye out for the restocking of 210 SBs. Am glad it will be after the holiday rush!!

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Hi @haraya and @myroslava. I was also wondering about this and emailed TB last week. (Specifically about the Canyon Shop Bag and if any 210 Shop Bag colors would be available when the Pop Tote Debuts.) Here is Cody's response:

"As for the Canyon Shop Bag, I checked our Production Schedule and it looks like we don't have plans to make it anytime soon. It's very likely we will have at least one more run of them, though, probably sometime in early 2018. So keep your eyes peeled!

It looks like there won't be any Small Shop Bags appearing before next Monday, and the ones that are on the production schedule right now are all Halcyon colors. Again, probably early next year for more 210 Ballistic colors."

Hope this helps!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a custom bag option like Timbuk2, and Chrome Bags offer. I would pay an extra $20-50 to choose the design I want

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say I love the color schemes and additional features of the synapse 25 GE and hope to see them make it to the synapse 19 one day.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @folvera as far as I understand the manufactoring process this would slow it down so much, that non-custom made bags would suffer very very much (we already see a lot of in production or soled out as it is) and you‘d be waiting for your custom made one quite a while.

My personal aproach is: wait... so far in the end I always got a colour combo I realy realy love even though I did not custom choose it.

Ilkyway
    Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree. Tom & Co. really knocked the Guide's Edition Synapse 25 out of the park. Captures the lustiness of the The Guide's Pack and Founders Briefcase. The black + coyote combo in particular is stunning.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree too. One of the things that makes TB so attractive is their philosophy we do it our way and I totally agree with their values. Not the least it keeps their fans in constant excitement: what will they come up with this time? what will be the next bag to be retired? A couple of months ago I could not have imagined spending that much time in a forum dedicated to bags and portable culture. Way to go TB crew!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no harm in suggesting and/or campaigning for your desired color combo though.
    You won't get a one-off custom bag, but you might get the combo you want if enough folks agree it's a good combination.

Page 78 of 131 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast