Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 82 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1966
    Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a place for the Apple Pencil in the new iPad Pro cache? Like a little pen pocket on the inside or anything?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Is there a place for the Apple Pencil in the new iPad Pro cache? Like a little pen pocket on the inside or anything?
    I don't believe there is -- the new caches have a standardized design that just fits the enclosed laptop or tablet. However, if you're carrying the cache in another bag, like the Synapse, @ceepee had a rather neat hack for storing the Apple Pencil in one of the side pockets:

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I always found the Apple Pencil too long to fit nicely in the pen slot of my Synapse 19. Then, I had a lightbulb moment.....

Inserting it down through the webbing loop of the O-ring stops the top leaning out into the pocket Smilie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very excited about the new SPP (Standard Passport Pouch –OR– Smart Phone Pouch).

PNW
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably missed this, apologies if it's been asked before... but any chance we'll see a Synapse 19 in the Guide's Edition? Big Grin

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That makes us very happy! There's a number of things we really like about the new Cache..... I do think our favorite thing is that people won't have to buy two or make do with one/putting it on its side in some bags.[/QUOTE]

That is what I thought two years ago... It is nice to see my idea in action.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post116354

How about a Universal Cache?

A zipper that runs on both a long edge and a short edge with two zipper pull so if you kept them at a corner you could use one to open it for horizontal and the other for vertical orientation. Then on one face of the bag you have the vertical rails and on the other you have the horizontal rails. That way one could take their computer out of the a backpack and put in a briefcase without having to change caches.
    Last edited by kiwi; 04-04-2018 at 07:48 PM.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmesseck View Post
    I'm very tempted to order myself a Side Effect, but I'm just not sold on the color combinations (even though there are so many available- I'm so picky!). Any chance there might be a Black 400 Halycon/200 Wasabi or Northwest sky combo, or an Aubergine 1050 with Wasabi or Northwest sky?
    The Black Halcyon/Northwest Sky for sure. The others we're not 100% on yet, so they're all a "maybe".

Quote Originally Posted by MKEy View Post
    Very excited about the new SPP (Standard Passport Pouch OR Smart Phone Pouch).
    We gave the "Smart Phone Pouch" idea a try, and here's the results:

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-phone-photo-1-jpg

My phone, an HTC U Ultra, next to the new passport pouch.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-phone-photo-2-jpg

It's wide enough, pretty safely.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-phone-photo-3-jpg

The pouch can't be closed with mine. The other, shorter phone is an iPhone 6S Plus in a thin plastic case like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    That is what I thought two years ago... It is nice to see my idea in action.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post116354

How about a Universal Cache?

A zipper that runs on both a long edge and a short edge with two zipper pull so if you kept them at a corner you could use one to open it for horizontal and the other for vertical orientation. Then on one face of the bag you have the vertical rails and on the other you have the horizontal rails. That way one could take their computer out of the a backpack and put in a briefcase without having to change caches.
    A classic case of "great minds think alike" -- we have been working on a way to make this work for a while (and a while since, as you can tell by them just now coming out a few years later); designing the new Cache not to be much more difficult or terribly slower to sew as compared to our previous Caches was the main inhibitor of the design coming to fruition until now.

Yours was one of those posts where when you see it, you want to shout out "we're working on that!" but if we do that and we find there isn't a good way for us to do it, it becomes vaporware (to borrow a software term).

Forum Member
    Sydney
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've noticed that the 525d ballistic synapses are being made with halcyon lining, while smaller bags in 525d ballistic like the SE, SK, DLBC and DLBP are lined with 210 ballistic. I find this design choice a bit surprising, since 210d ballistic is stiffer and presumably fractionally heavier than halcyon, and I would have thought the lighter fabric would be better suited to compact, packable bags like the daylight series. Is there a particular reason for the fabric choice? Is the 210d ballistic needed to give these bags a bit more structure?

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbc3585 View Post
    So I've noticed that the 525d ballistic synapses are being made with halcyon lining, while smaller bags in 525d ballistic like the SE, SK, DLBC and DLBP are lined with 210 ballistic. I find this design choice a bit surprising, since 210d ballistic is stiffer and presumably fractionally heavier than halcyon, and I would have thought the lighter fabric would be better suited to compact, packable bags like the daylight series. Is there a particular reason for the fabric choice? Is the 210d ballistic needed to give these bags a bit more structure?
    The first run of Synapses in 525 had 210 lining. I remember Alphaviolet/Viridian specifically as it is such a striking combination.

I am curious now as to whether the 525/210 Synapses will be made again!

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am too curious. I couldn't afford to get one at that time, plus it is more of my Want.

And with recent annoucement of Canyon retiring, it is sad to see that future-made wouldn't have Canyon along.

Speaking about Canyon retiring, I realized there is one Canyon in Production - The Luminary, with standard Deep Blue 525. Is there been discussion between Synase 19 vs Luminary? The idea of carrying super mininalist/slim bag is always in mind, athough I have yet to own any Synapse bag - as I seldom use backpack in my Everyday.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 04-07-2018 at 03:24 AM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be clear, the implication is that an iPhone 6/7/8 sized device w/o a case would fit?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very excited about the new SPP (Standard Passport Pouch –OR– Smart Phone Pouch).
    The passport pouches take up to 4 passports, is that right? I need something to carry 5 passports and the pouch I use now is not very good (not made by TB). Will the new ones come in different capacities?
    Last edited by moocoweyes; 04-12-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moocoweyes View Post
    The passport pouches take up to 4 passports, is that right? I need something to carry 5 passports and the pouch I use now is not very good (not made by TB). Will the new ones come in different capacities?
    This is the prototype passport pouch. As you can see, it will hold five regular passports. They do not have extra pages.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-passport-pouch-jpg
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet! Anyone know when it will be available?

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be clear, the implication is that an iPhone 6/7/8 sized device w/o a case would fit?
    Anything with the dims of a 6S Plus or smaller should fit and be able to be closed inside one of the RFID Pouches, yes. Something the size of my phone (for reference, my phone is 79.79 (w) x 162.41 (h) x 7.99 (d) mm / 3.14" (w) x 6.39" (h) x 0.31" (d) without a case) will fit in the pouch, but the pouch will not be able to close.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Olive 525/Island halycon is a beautiful combo!

Page 82 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast