Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 83 of 183 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2741
    The Earth, we share.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RDR3 View Post
    Olive 525/Island halycon is a beautiful combo!
    I saw that too. Can I say that it has been a long long time since Olive/Green is pair with lining as different as Solar.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,

I searched the thread for an answer to this question, but perhaps others might have some ideas.

Does anyone know whether the Synapse 19 was ever made in Steel ballistic? Or whether it might ever become available in Steel? I saw that at one point, it was available in Steel Halcyon, but I'm a huge fan of the Steel ballistic fabric.

I'm sure others have had the experience of being full-on enamored with a TB bag color. Naturally I'd love to see it on my favorite bag (the S19) at some point.

Thanks for any ideas you might have!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineLady32 View Post
    Hello all,

I searched the thread for an answer to this question, but perhaps others might have some ideas.

Does anyone know whether the Synapse 19 was ever made in Steel ballistic? Or whether it might ever become available in Steel? I saw that at one point, it was available in Steel Halcyon, but I'm a huge fan of the Steel ballistic fabric.

I'm sure others have had the experience of being full-on enamored with a TB bag color. Naturally I'd love to see it on my favorite bag (the S19) at some point.

Thanks for any ideas you might have!
    I don't think so. I believe the Synapses have only been offered in Cordura or Halcyon (and now 525 Ballistic), not the 1050 Ballistic which is what Steel is made in. So the closest would be Grey Cordura. Hope that helps!

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty please, TB crew, consider making the DLBC in Olive/Dawn. I LOVE that combo for the DLBP, but I really don't need another one, and I do want a minimalist laptop bag.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I don't think so. I believe the Synapses have only been offered in Cordura or Halcyon (and now 525 Ballistic), not the 1050 Ballistic which is what Steel is made in. So the closest would be Grey Cordura. Hope that helps!
    Thank you for that information! I did not notice that 1050/525 difference - that helps! Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineLady32 View Post
    Thank you for that information! I did not notice that 1050/525 difference - that helps! Smilie
    You're welcome!

Most colour questions (especially 'is this bag made in that color?') are actually fabric questions, because the range of colors is different for each fabric. If two colors are similar but not quite the same across two fabrics, they get different names, for instance Deep Blue in 525 Ballistic vs Navy in 1050 Ballistic and Cordura. Also Olive in Cordura vs Verde in 1050 Ballistic. Similar, but one is brighter than the other in each case.

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I believe the Synapses have only been offered in Cordura or Halcyon (and now 525 Ballistic), not the 1050 Ballistic which is what Steel is made in.
    They were also made in parapack, briefly, because I had a black/wasabi parapack S25. I would assume that they were also made in the gray color of parapack, which may have been Steel, but was definitely darker than Grey.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the "New Bags ready to order"
    Note: Travel Cubelets are now lined with Violet 120 Aether
    Well shoot, now I might need to go replace my Travel Cubelets. Because while I use my Black TC all the time, it would be sooooooooooooo much better with the inside lined with a lighter color so I could actually see what I'm digging for!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too. Adding a lining to the TC is a good upgrade.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's a full lining. I think it's just the interior panel with the pockets that's now violet as opposed to carbon.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I don't think it's a full lining. I think it's just the interior panel with the pockets that's now violet as opposed to carbon.
    BWeaves is right -- the side with the interior pocket and the edges are lined, the side opposite the interior pocket isn't.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    From the "New Bags ready to order"

Well shoot, now I might need to go replace my Travel Cubelets. Because while I use my Black TC all the time, it would be sooooooooooooo much better with the inside lined with a lighter color so I could actually see what I'm digging for!
    And I'm the opposite...
    So happy I have my three (!) TC's from the first batches with the carbon... maybe because I don't tend to have tiny things in my TC's so the light/dark thing doesn't bother me at all.... The contrast of violet with Dawn, Mars Red, and Viridian (the TC's I have) would make me flinch each time...

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Right, but even so that's the side where the phone pocket and keystrap clips are, so that's where I'm usually digging. Having just that much more contrast would be very helpful.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually wish they'd used wasabi. The lighter the color, the easier it is for me to find things in the interior.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like more red/orange/yellow and non-grim green choices for both interior and exterior bags.

Page 83 of 183 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast