Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 90 of 115 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1722
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm disappointed that there are none in black.
    Piling it on. I love my small shop bag in black halcyon. It looks quite professional, in a way that the colored halcyon ones don't. I'm going to try out the Northwest sky zip bag, but I'll sell it in a heartbeat if that bag becomes available in black halcyon.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck and Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps and Cubelets!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Yes. I get that, as a shopping bag, the 200 halcyon makes the most sense but suddenly you add a zipper and the bag becomes so much more versatile. It deserves black Halcyon, original Halcyon, and Nordic as well. The zippered Shop Bags are a great middle ground between the original Shop Bags and the Pop Tote.
    NORDIC!!! Please make the new zippered shop bags in Nordic!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Yes. I get that, as a shopping bag, the 200 halcyon makes the most sense but suddenly you add a zipper and the bag becomes so much more versatile. It deserves black Halcyon, original Halcyon, and Nordic as well. The zippered Shop Bags are a great middle ground between the original Shop Bags and the Pop Tote.
    I'd love a revisit of the original black or original Nordic.

I'm very intrigued by these bags, but just filled out my tote lineup because I needed some. Plus they aren't in any of the colors I hoped for (veridian, alphaviolet, black, original black), so I'm content to wait.
    Last edited by Crinoidea; 07-22-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nth-ing the wish for shop bags (both with and without zipper) in black Halcyon. I prefer neutral shop bags as well: while I like to coordinate the color of the more stylish bags with what I'm wearing, I want my utilitarian bags to be as universal and unobtrusive as possible. And while I like Northwest Sky very much, it's quite light and doesn't have the same flexibility color-wise. And I can tell that my husband far prefers the black, as he uses our Original Halcyon bags nearly every day, but he's never once used the NWS ones. Like sturbridge, I, too, would trade my NWS shop bags in for black in a heartbeat.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    Piling it on. I love my small shop bag in black halcyon. It looks quite professional, in a way that the colored halcyon ones don't. I'm going to try out the Northwest sky zip bag, but I'll sell it in a heartbeat if that bag becomes available in black halcyon.
    I am also going to order the zippered small shop bag in NWS but I really wish it would come in blacky halcyon or 525 black ballistic. Then it would be the perfect everyday carry bag for work. Until then I'll continue to use my black PT even though it's really too large for my EDC.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping for the shop bags in the 525 and 210 ballistic fabrics. I know that overlaps with the PT, but the design really has different functionality, especially with how the pockets work.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People that have posted or liked a post advocating for a black zippered shop bag in this thread:
    @bchaplin, @BWeaves, @kmw, @sturbridge, @shortie, @G42, @tuskegee7294, @pammy, @KAB, @Cristina, @ThomGault, @muika, @Crinoidea, @lizziejean3, @gqb.
    EDIT: Adding: @Aeon, @mel_h

I hope someone from Tom Bihn sees this. It's been discussed before, in the context of the original shop bags, and there seems to be widespread support for a basic black option for these bags.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 07-23-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be the first to admit I love 200d halcyon, but like many others I was really hoping to see the new zippered totes in the new ballistic and 400d halcyon. I could kick myself for not buying more of the shop bags in 525/210, mistakenly thinking I could in the future. I'm glad I bought both small and large shop bags in Canyon and Dawn and have since acquired a LSB in grass, but bummed I procrastinated. But I will think positive thoughts that the TB Crew will see our pleas and do a limited run in the future.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    People that have posted or liked a post advocating for a black zippered shop bag in this thread:
    @bchaplin, @BWeaves, @kmw, @sturbridge, @shortie, @G42, @tuskegee7294, @pammy, @KAB, @Cristina, @ThomGault, @muika, @Crinoidea, @lizziejean3, @gqb. I hope someone from Tom Bihn sees this. It's been discussed before, in the context of the original shop bags, and there seems to be widespread support for a basic black option for these bags.
    As a corollary to your statement, not only do I prefer a more subtle color than is currently available, I do not plan to purchase any of the current fabric selections. I've been waiting for almost six months for this limited production of small shop bags, and I've been super excited for their release, and despite the fact that I really need some new totes now, the colors just don't work for my wife and I. So, instead of buying shop bags, we're forced to buy some other TB products

Side note: I fully appreciate the TB decision that they were trying to minimize production costs by limiting fabrics to the best for each use. It just results in a situation that doesn't align with my current buying preferences.
    Last edited by ThomGault; 07-22-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I love 200d halcyon, but like many others I was really hoping to see the new zippered totes in the new ballistic and 400d halcyon.
    Excellent point: In addition to the black color, I also prefer the shop bags in 400d halcyon to the 200d halcyon. 200d is great for interiors, but in the shop bags you can feel the difference in sturdiness, especially when hauling heavy groceries on foot. Can't speak for others, but I personally would be willing to pay extra for 400d-weight for that peace of mind.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    As a corollary to your statement, not only do I prefer a more subtle color than is currently available, I do not plan to purchase any of the current fabric selections. I've been waiting for almost six months for this limited production of small shop bags, and I've been super excited for their release, and despite the fact that I really need some new totes now, the colors just don't work for my wife and I. So, instead of buying shop bags, we're forced to buy some other TB products

Side note: I fully appreciate the TB decision that they were trying to minimize production costs by limiting fabrics to the best for each use. It just results in a situation that doesn't align with my current buying preferences.

I was waiting so long I just gave up. Now it's not a need-based purchase, and I just don't really want the options presented to me.

And I was so excited leading up to the pop tote (why no internal pockets? Why strange external pockets?). All I really wanted was a pop tote with some internal organization.

These are the features I want:
    1) shoulder carry
    2) zip top
    3) inside pockets
    4) outside pocket for water bottle (mine is a Klean Kanteen, FWIW)

This is NOT the Swift, movable feast, pop tote, truck, shop bag or zip top shop bag. None of them have all those features.

And I was so hopeful for this debut. And it just fell flat for me.

TB - I love totes! I own more than a dozen. None are TB. It's a bummer. I want one to match my aeronaut and copilot (black Halycon/island Halycon). I do not want Island, because I already have so many island assessories they are hard to find in my bag.b. Back please! (And while I'm dreaming, either original black or original Nordic would be awesome.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During my time on the forum, I was given to understand that by far the most popular TB color is black. And please correct me if I'm wrong about that. I guess it makes me wonder why a popular item like the shop bag isn't available in some form of black since it's such a classic color, goes with everything, etc, etc. Even the retired steel 400d/200d was very dark and could almost pass for black. Now I love color, bright color, pastels, just about any color, but there are times I want to be on the down low and carry a black bag, not a bright one like zest or grass.

Also, I agree with kmw about the sturdiness of the 400d versus 200d. Last weekend we went fishing and I had to carry heavy things so I opted for an original halcyon LSB instead of one of the 200d ones. I was also wrangling a dog so I wanted to have peace of mind about using the right tote for the job.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also love a black Halcyon in the small or the large. Would buy in a heartbeat, wouldn't have to think about it.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I recall correctly, TB has only done limited runs of 400d halcyon and 525 ballistic shop bags, so I'm not surprised that the heavier fabrics aren't in the current production lineup. Maybe TB will do another limited run of the zip shop bags, especially since they can better guage customer demand with the pre-order system.

Don't get me wrong, I own only two shop bags in 400d black halcyon and 525d black ballistic and have returned every 200d halcyon shop bag I've ever purchased because I don't think they are sturdy or substantial enough for my needs given their cost. I'm patiently waiting in line with the lot of you to buy a zip shop bag in 400d halcyon or 525d ballistic.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it doesn't get lost in the black (as it were), repeating G42's question from a previous page (which is my first gauge as well):

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Can The Truck hold a carton of eggs (they seem to be about 12" long) in the center section?

Page 90 of 115 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast