Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 91 of 183 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2741
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who are interested in the dimensions of the Truck, I emailed the TB Crew and this is the very prompt reply from the ever efficient and helpful Kat:

"With the Truck, it is definitely meant to have three different sections, and the stiffener on the bottom of the main section gives that center pocket a more rigid and defined space.

The center pocket can somewhat bulge out, but the overall dimensions will remain about in a 10" (side to side) x 9" (front to back) shape at maximum. That being said, the outer pockets can be overpacked and have a little more extra space that take away from that main compartment if needed, and are roughly 4" w x 9" depth. Smilie"

This info was very helpful to me in trying to visualize the center section and pockets and possible uses for the Truck.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    For those of you who are interested in the dimensions of the Truck, I emailed the TB Crew and this is the very prompt reply from the ever efficient and helpful Kat:

"With the Truck, it is definitely meant to have three different sections, and the stiffener on the bottom of the main section gives that center pocket a more rigid and defined space.

The center pocket can somewhat bulge out, but the overall dimensions will remain about in a 10" (side to side) x 9" (front to back) shape at maximum. That being said, the outer pockets can be overpacked and have a little more extra space that take away from that main compartment if needed, and are roughly 4" w x 9" depth. Smilie"

This info was very helpful to me in trying to visualize the center section and pockets and possible uses for the Truck.
    Thanks, that's useful.

So the eggs will sort of fit on the diagonal, if the ends aren't squished full. The diagonal is ~13.4", but a carton is 3-4" wide I think...

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really, really want to see the S25 in Nebulous Gray.

Look, I love my S25 in Black Halcyon, but I would totally buy another if it came in Nebulous Gray.

I love the color Smilie
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Luminary 15 in Nebulous Gray/Island

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    I really, really want to see the S25 in Nebulous Gray.

Look, I love my S25 in Black Halcyon, but I would totally buy another if it came in Nebulous Gray.

I love the color Smilie
    The S19 was "in production" for Nebulous Gray last time I looked, and it's really hard to stop myself from ordering it Just Because. I already have the S19 in Black/Veridian and Gray/Ultraviolet, I REALLY do not need a third one just because the color is fabulous!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    The S19 was "in production" for Nebulous Gray last time I looked, and it's really hard to stop myself from ordering it Just Because. I already have the S19 in Black/Veridian and Gray/Ultraviolet, I REALLY do not need a third one just because the color is fabulous!
    This is always the tricky bit about TB item/colour combos and availability.

I understand the 'why's' of how/why TB does what it does, but the consequence is that it creates scarcity... which, depending on our personal levels of self control and decision making, can lead to joy/frustration/regret.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw View Post
    So it doesn't get lost in the black (as it were), repeating G42's question from a previous page (which is my first gauge as well):
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Can The Truck hold a carton of eggs (they seem to be about 12" long) in the center section?
    I would personally probably pack the dozen eggs as two half cartons in the center or side sections. The diagonal might fit -- but it makes packing other items around (a relatively full bag) difficult. I put gallon beverage containers into either side compartment, and there's room for other items, too.

Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post

Here are some pictures that I sent back to Tom as feedback for the first version of the Truck Tote (in Island Halcyon). The center section is very well-sized to fit a variety of grocery items -- for example, standard cereal boxes, 6-packs of soda, etc. But one of the uses that I tried it out for was carrying library books, and while I could do this, especially since you can let the center section bulge out a bit, the fit felt slightly tight.

So, here's a view of how books fit into the first version of the Truck:

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-img_3617-jpeg
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-img_3618-jpeg
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-img_3619-jpeg
    The first picture shows a standard size library book (6.25” x 9.25” x 1”) in the front pocket. The books stacked into the center section of the Truck are about the same cross-sectional dimensions, but different thicknesses. On the carpet, is another, larger size of book that doesn't fit inside for stacking (David Attenborough’s "The Living Planet", 7.25” x 10.2” x 1”) is shown in comparison with the previously mentioned size of book (Dava Sobel’s "The Glass Universe”), both outside of the Grocery bag prototype.

With the revised (current) version of the Truck, the central compartment was made a bit bigger: I can insert that copy of Attenborough's "The Living Planet" into the front pocket, and I can place a stack of books with similar cross-section into the center compartment.

Another way of stating this difference is that the front and rear pockets can fit in the width of A4 paper -- a thin, A4 Rhodia notebook will fit into that pocket. (U.S. Letter sized paper is too wide.) I didn't retake another set of pictures of how books fit into the current version of the Truck.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Please note that in both instances the book heights are larger than the (square) dimensions of the central compartment -- I'm using the fact that the fabric wiill let you push outside the actual dimensions to carry the books.
    Last edited by moriond; 07-23-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the 'why's' of how/why TB does what it does, but the consequence is that it creates scarcity... which, depending on our personal levels of self control and decision making, can lead to joy/frustration/regret.
    Fortunately I don't think I'd "regret" missing out on Nebulous Gray just because I like the color, but I do keep thinking about how much I prefer having metal zipper pulls on my S19 (black does, gray doesn't) and how the 525 Ballistic might be a better choice for wet weather than the (I think) Cordura of my Gray S19. Not to mention, show a bit less dirt and wear.
    Rambling On. . . . .

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím glad @pammy shared Katís great answer and @moriond shared her photos of the Truck Tote!

I carry eggs in The Truck by putting them vertically in one of the side pockets. That doesnít work so well if The Truck is totally empty, but it ends up working quite well if The Truck is filled with other groceries too. Or Jade the kitten:

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-jade-truck-tote-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post

Everyone here loves Nebulous Grey so much that I expect it will be around for quite a while. If and when we retire a color, it is typically because it is not that popular. Unlike other companies, we don't change colors every season, but they do change.... we hope this variety is mostly a good thing for folks. It's definitely fun for us to develop / try out new colors Smilie
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,

We agree a black option for the Zip-Top Shop Bag and Original Shop Bag makes sense, especially if one is using either bag as an every day carry ó or just doesnít want to worry about stains caused by an exploding beet and kale smoothie. I mean, Iíd totally carry a black Shop Bag some days too.

So, here they are:
    Original Small Shop Bag, Black 210d ballistic
    Small Zip-Top Shop Bag, Black 210d ballistic
    Large Zip-Top Shop Bag, Black 210d ballistic

We donít find that the 525d works in the Zip-Top Shop Bags. We also just donít think that the 400d Halcyon is a fabric best applied in the Shop Bags: we offered them a few times but ultimately decided against offering them again.

Note: the Shop Bags are somewhat underpriced and have been for a while. At some point in the future, we will need to increase their prices (along with other prices). Iíll give everyone a heads-up when that happens so you have plenty of warning. We did want to make sure to offer the Original Shop Bags at their current price and the Zip-Top Shop Bags for not much more for a while so everyone could get one at the current price.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy and TB Crew

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hey everyone,

We agree a black option for the Zip-Top Shop Bag and Original Shop Bag makes sense, especially if one is using either bag as an every day carry — or just doesn’t want to worry about stains caused by an exploding beet and kale smoothie. I mean, I’d totally carry a black Shop Bag some days too.

So, here they are:

We don’t find that the 525d works in the Zip-Top Shop Bags. We also just don’t think that the 400d Halcyon is a fabric best applied in the Shop Bags: we offered them a few times but ultimately decided against offering them again.

Note: the Shop Bags are somewhat underpriced and have been for a while. At some point in the future, we will need to increase their prices (along with other prices). I’ll give everyone a heads-up when that happens so you have plenty of warning. We did want to make sure to offer the Original Shop Bags at their current price and the Zip-Top Shop Bags for not much more for a while so everyone could get one at the current price.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! This is yet another example where Tom Bihn really listens to our feedback and tries their hardest to accommodate our wishes. I don't know of any other company that acts that fast to make their customers happy. Very excited for tomorrow's preorder.

Thanks so much, TB Crew.

Hey everyone,

We agree a black option for the Zip-Top Shop Bag and Original Shop Bag makes sense, especially if one is using either bag as an every day carry ó or just doesnít want to worry about stains caused by an exploding beet and kale smoothie. I mean, Iíd totally carry a black Shop Bag some days too.

So, here they are:

We donít find that the 525d works in the Zip-Top Shop Bags. We also just donít think that the 400d Halcyon is a fabric best applied in the Shop Bags: we offered them a few times but ultimately decided against offering them again.

Note: the Shop Bags are somewhat underpriced and have been for a while. At some point in the future, we will need to increase their prices (along with other prices). Iíll give everyone a heads-up when that happens so you have plenty of warning. We did want to make sure to offer the Original Shop Bags at their current price and the Zip-Top Shop Bags for not much more for a while so everyone could get one at the current price.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,

So, here they are:

Thank you! This completely solves my problem of which color to get as a bag for my kids' playground toys (dump trucks and buckets, dirty stuff). I was going around in circles about it. Woo hoo!!!!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So SO SO happy a black version of the zip shop bags are being offered. Thank you!!!!
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black version! Yay! I am very happy too!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay!! Thank you!!

Page 91 of 183 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast