Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 92 of 124 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1853
    Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So When can we preorder? It's Tuesday morning, and I tried to do this before work, but obviously my before work isn't TB work time.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    So When can we preorder? It's Tuesday morning, and I tried to do this before work, but obviously my before work isn't TB work time.
    For us waiting in the UK it is the middle of the day...12:18 to be precise....but we are waiting patiently for the "doors to open". As Seattle is 8 hours behind I guess that there are still quite a few hours to go yet, but it will be worth the wait!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already nearly the end of 24 July here in Australia!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get an email if you've signed up. I'm guessing it won't be any earlier (and likely later) than 11am eastern time because that barely gives them enough time to have a cup of coffee first.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Joke font on)

It's a computer. They can automate it. Nobody has to be there to open the doors because there's nothing to sell, yet.

(Joke font off)

I didn't want anyone to think I'm being pissy. I'm saying this with a wink in my eye.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    (Joke font on)

It's a computer. They can automate it. Nobody has to be there to open the doors because there's nothing to sell, yet.

(Joke font off)

I didn't want anyone to think I'm being pissy. I'm saying this with a wink in my eye.

That's ok, I know you have...

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a computer. They can automate it.
    Of course. I'm saying this as someone who has worked in software for more than 30 years: you often have a live human or two around when a brand new system goes live for the first time. And this particular pre order system is brand new. Because unanticipated things DO happen.

Last edited by sturbridge; 07-24-2018 at 06:16 AM.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    Because unanticipated things DO happen.

Whaaat...!? Unanticipated things with software!? Inconceivable!!!

everyone needs a dose of Princess Bride on pre-order day!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    Of course. I'm saying this as someone who has worked in software for more than 30 years: you often have a live human or two around when a brand new system goes live for the first time. And this particular pre order system is brand new. Because unanticipated things DO happen.

Pretty sure @bweaves knows that, since she used as many characters to emphasise that she was joking as she did to write the actual joke!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hey everyone,

We agree a black option for the Zip-Top Shop Bag and Original Shop Bag makes sense, especially if one is using either bag as an every day carry — or just doesn’t want to worry about stains caused by an exploding beet and kale smoothie. I mean, I’d totally carry a black Shop Bag some days too.

So, here they are:
    Original Small Shop Bag, Black 210d ballistic
    Small Zip-Top Shop Bag, Black 210d ballistic
    Large Zip-Top Shop Bag, Black 210d ballistic

We don’t find that the 525d works in the Zip-Top Shop Bags. We also just don’t think that the 400d Halcyon is a fabric best applied in the Shop Bags: we offered them a few times but ultimately decided against offering them again.

Note: the Shop Bags are somewhat underpriced and have been for a while. At some point in the future, we will need to increase their prices (along with other prices). I’ll give everyone a heads-up when that happens so you have plenty of warning. We did want to make sure to offer the Original Shop Bags at their current price and the Zip-Top Shop Bags for not much more for a while so everyone could get one at the current price.

Thanks so much, @Darcy!

A question for way later, after you've dealt with the more immediate issue of today's pre-order launch:

Might the Large-size Original (non-zip) Shop Bag be made available in black ballistic in future, do you think?

Many thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    So, here's a view of how books fit into the first version of the Truck:
    (removed photos for quote)

The first picture shows a standard size library book (6.25” x 9.25” x 1”) in the front pocket. The books stacked into the center section of the Truck are about the same cross-sectional dimensions, but different thicknesses. On the carpet, is another, larger size of book that doesn't fit inside for stacking (David Attenborough’s "The Living Planet", 7.25” x 10.2” x 1”) is shown in comparison with the previously mentioned size of book (Dava Sobel’s "The Glass Universe”), both outside of the Grocery bag prototype.

With the revised (current) version of the Truck, the central compartment was made a bit bigger: I can insert that copy of Attenborough's "The Living Planet" into the front pocket, and I can place a stack of books with similar cross-section into the center compartment.
    You had What Makes This Book So Great! I like that book so much, Jo's book-essays are excellent. That makes me think I should check out the other books pictured.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Pretty sure @bweaves knows that, since she used as many characters to emphasise that she was joking as she did to write the actual joke!
    AND, I've been a computer programmer for 40 years and I currently do computer support for a very large, well known computer company. I totally get it.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    You had What Makes This Book So Great! I like that book so much, Jo's book-essays are excellent. That makes me think I should check out the other books pictured.
    @aedifica,

I remember that you were the one who commented (over on Ravelry) on the book that I'd grabbed up for my pictures of what fit into the Travel Cubelet (a used pb copy of Ellen Kushner's Thomas Rhymer, with the Thomas Canty cover). But I was really just pulling books out of my book shelves to match size fits for the Truck! I agree that the essays in What Makes This Book So Great are excellent. Sorry for not providing pictures of the fit of Attenborough's The Living Planet in the front pocket of my Dawn Truck!

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine my surprise when I go to preorder my new Truck bags and black ballistic is an option for shop bags! Thank you for listening to us and be assured that my order more than doubled in $$$ when I saw the black fabric option.

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my order in, whee! Left the folks on this thread all the black bags, as I prefer the fabric Formerly Known as Dyneema. I went for NWS to add to my quite large collection of shop bags, and brightened up the order with a sunny new Viridian beach (truck) bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Page 92 of 124 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast