Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 94 of 132 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1966
    Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw View Post
    Have you tried the Northwest Sky halcyon, TG? It's not Dawn, of course, but it is quite a nice, chill color.
    Yes, I did, actually. I love NWS for interiors of my bags, but really, any halcyon (with its grid) is a bit too informal for office use, and I also like beefier materials, too. (Plus, it further suffers from the lack of character similarly to black.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    Yes, I did, actually. I love NWS for interiors of my bags, but really, any halcyon (with its grid) is a bit too informal for office use, and I also like beefier materials, too. (Plus, it further suffers from the lack of character similarly to black.)
    Totally hear ya there.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seconded. I absolutely love Northwest Sky, but as an interior fabric. I tried to love it as an exterior in a Travel Cubelet, but I'm just not a fan of the grid pattern on the outside of my bags, so I sold it.

I'm still holding out hope for a Cloud Travel Cubelet in a future production run (and of course, waiting impatiently for the new Aubergine 525, too!)
    Rambling On. . . . .

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very excited for aubergine 525 too, it's my favourite colour. I also like the NWS color, it really surprised me. I thought it would be much lighter, but it is a surprisingly nice shade of gray, really does remind me of the the North West, aptly named.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    Seconded. I absolutely love Northwest Sky, but as an interior fabric. I tried to love it as an exterior in a Travel Cubelet, but I'm just not a fan of the grid pattern on the outside of my bags, so I sold it.

I'm still holding out hope for a Cloud Travel Cubelet in a future production run (and of course, waiting impatiently for the new Aubergine 525, too!)
    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post

And the new Nebulous!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really appreciate y'all listening to our feedback and adjusting accordingly. However, what are the odds of a further compromise---I wasn't a fan of the brightness of 200 halcyon colors, but black is too far of a pendulum swing for my taste. What about a single different 210 ballistic---dawn, or even viridian or cloud? (Really, though, dawn would be wonderful; sedate, yet with a touch of character.) I know you previously mentioned that TB declined to use those colors/material, but that was before the the altered decision for black 210. <Insert Lincoln's quote about pleasing some of the people some of the time here> Smirk
    Thanks for the appreciation and I hear you @ThomGault! That said, adding another 210 color isn't something we plan to do.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It will indeed, and as part of the next production run of the OLSB. We've also had a request for the PCSB in 210d black ballistic; we're making a sample of that today to see if it works or not.
    The black ballistic original large shop bag is now listed as in production, my fine Forum Peeps!
    Thanks again @Darcy!

Melbourne, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance we can see a photo of a black ballistic zipped shop bag interior? I imagine it would be all black on the inside? Cheers

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myssia View Post
    Any chance we can see a photo of a black ballistic zipped shop bag interior? I imagine it would be all black on the inside? Cheers
    It should be solid black inside & out as the shop bags are a single layer of material, not lined.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it is like the previous batches of Black 210d Ballistic Shop Bags (in both large and small size), the only thing that is not black ballistic is the edging on the interior pockets. (I don't have a picture of this -- especially since it would look all black -- but you can get an impression by looking at a picture of the Shop Bag used in inverted mode:

This is a picture of the the Small UV Shop Bag used in inverted mode to carry culinary herbs in the pockets -- which now bulge outwards, and effectively increase the carrying capacity. It was posted by @monkeylady. You can see the light-colored tape along the top of the inner pocket at the bottom of the picture. That's the same color tape that shows up in the Large and Small Shop Bags that were made in 210d Ballistic Nylon. And since the Halcyon Zip-Top Shop Bags preserve the same kind of internal structure for the pockets as the regular shop bags, I don't see why they would decide to do something different for the Black Ballistic Nylon ones.

HTH

moriond

ETA: It's a lot easier to see the details of the Shop Bag construction when everything isn't black!

Here's the picture of the Zip-Top Shop Bag in Northwest Sky from the Product Page. I'd imagine that everything inside is Black Ballistic Nylon except for the tape at the top edge of the inside pockets -- which would be exactly the same color as in the this picture and as in the picture of the inverted small UV Shop Bag shown above:

Last edited by moriond; 07-29-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for more Aubergine 525d items, especially a Side Effect and Pop Tote! I recently got a swatch...Smilie

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes!!!! Aubergine is my favourite (in conjunction with Sitka, sigh).
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Another vote for more Aubergine 525d items, especially a Side Effect and Pop Tote! I recently got a swatch...Smilie
    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just added new + additional photos (including an interior photo) of both Zip-Top Shop Bags in Black:
    Large Zip-Top Shop Bag, Black
    Small Zip-Top Shop Bag, Black
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Melbourne, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the extra photos, have pre-ordered Big Grin

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to finish up my order and it looks like everything is closed already for the preorder. Bummer. Frown

Page 94 of 132 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast