Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 97 of 146 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2180
    Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSS View Post
    The way I read it, is that the S25 will be in stock on the 31st, and separately, it will be made in nebulous gray. I didn’t read it as nebulous gray being available on the 31st. But that’s just my reading of it.
    I'd have to re-check the Instagram post, but their Facebook post specifically says the Nebulous Gray S25 will be ready to ship on Friday 08/31. That might be a recent update as it sounds like they've also just added that to the "In Production" list on the product page.
    Rambling On. . . . .

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you guys noticed, we just added photos of both Nebulous Grey/Island (ships 08/31) and Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky (ships by late September) to the site. We also added Aubergine/Island (ships by late September) as an option on the Synapse 25 page even though there isn't a photo of it yet... that way, you can still sign up to be notified when it's ready to ship if that's what you'd like to do.

So, all colors of Synapse 25 will be restocked / ready to ship on Friday 08/31 before 12:30pm Pacific Time -- except for the new colors Nebulous Grey/Northwest Sky and Aubergine/Island.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see the Nebulous Grey quickly appearing in the Synapses.

I do wonder however how long Cloud will last as an external fabric with the darker nebulous grey now in production.

I wonder if Cloud Ballistic will be relegated to just a 210 weight internal fabric choice in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Brazil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Will the combination nebulous grey/island be avaiable to the synapse 19 too?? (Please tell me yes)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Nebulous Grey! The color is really nice. I've been holding off buying a S25 for so long!
    Although, I was really hoping for the burnt orange to make a comeback. Will it ever come back? Does anyone know?

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I do wonder however how long Cloud will last as an external fabric with the darker nebulous grey now in production.

I wonder if Cloud Ballistic will be relegated to just a 210 weight internal fabric choice in the future.

Fingers crossed we have it long enough for a Luminary 14 run. I think the new great looks lovely, but Cloud is really the perfect neutral for me.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubs View Post
    Yes! Nebulous Grey! The color is really nice. I've been holding off buying a S25 for so long!
    Although, I was really hoping for the burnt orange to make a comeback. Will it ever come back? Does anyone know?
    I'm omitting some details but the short version is that the Burnt Orange Synapses were offered in Cordura fabric and TB are retiring Cordura fabric. The Aeronauts, Pilots, Tristar, and other bags made in 1050d Ballistic can still be made in Burnt Orange because that fabric is still current. The closest thing you'll get in a Synapse right now is Mars Red, in the 525d Ballistic fabric.

In real life, Mars Red is very rusty and is closer to Burnt Orange than the site photos make it seem. You can ask TB for swatches for free if you want to compare in person!

Atlanta, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubs View Post
    Possibly according to TB's response to question on an Instagram post a few days back. I love Burnt Orange but vastly prefer ballistic 525 over the cordura of my burnt orange Synapses. I sold my S19 and will probably sell my S25, but the idea of a 525 ballistic burnt orange has money signs dancing in my head. LOL.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-tb-burnt-orange-possibility-1-jpg
    Last edited by Aeon; 08-30-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOH! I spy the SCB in Nebulous Gray/Island Smilie
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    OOOH! I spy the SCB in Nebulous Gray/Island Smilie
    Wow. Thatís an amazing looking bag. Signed up for notifications.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I'm omitting some details but the short version is that the Burnt Orange Synapses were offered in Cordura fabric and TB are retiring Cordura fabric. The Aeronauts, Pilots, Tristar, and other bags made in 1050d Ballistic can still be made in Burnt Orange because that fabric is still current. The closest thing you'll get in a Synapse right now is Mars Red, in the 525d Ballistic fabric.

In real life, Mars Red is very rusty and is closer to Burnt Orange than the site photos make it seem. You can ask TB for swatches for free if you want to compare in person!
    I definitely wouldn't mind a 1020d Burnt Orange S25. I just want the color Frown
    I didn't know they gave free swatches, but I live really far away so I'm not sure if they can send me, and the red wouldn't do anyway haha.
    Thanks for the info and color comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Possibly according to TB's response to question on an Instagram post a few days back. I love Burnt Orange but vastly prefer ballistic 525 over the cordura of my burnt orange Synapses. I sold my S19 and will probably sell my S25, but the idea of a 525 ballistic burnt orange has money signs dancing in my head. LOL.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-tb-burnt-orange-possibility-1-jpg
    Wow! That's real good news! Keeping my hope up a little at least lol. I don't know how long I can wait, the Nebulous grey is looking better each day. If it turns out they don't decide to do the orange and the grey gets sold out I'll be knocking myself in the head.
    Why are you selling your S25? Also, where do you sell it? Is there a thread here or a common platform for this? I'm new.
    Long live burnt orange indeed!

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my new Nebulous grey Truck grocery shopping today, and I got some better photos, though the shade of grey definitely shifts based on lighting. I am in love with it for grocery shopping, as it is so nice to able to segregate some items while still being able to hold a lot in a structured manner. I also really like the handle length, as I was able to either comfortably carry it in my hand without its touching the ground or wear it over my shoulder. Mainly I think I will have to be careful not to load heavier items than I have the strength to carry, since it really holds a lot lol.

Note in terms of capacity: there were several items like a small tub of dates, etc, that fit under the tub of kale even. I actually had a fair amount of room still in the bag for more on one side.

Last edited by NWhikergal; 08-30-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm super excited to see that there will be Northwest Sky Aether! I was sad when Carbon Aether was discontinued, because I don't really like how any of the other Aethers look with my bag linings. Hooray for another neutral!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello
    Who uses a 25 ORIGINAL HALCYION synape?

Page 97 of 146 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast