Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 98 of 153 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEPHANE 54 View Post
    Hello
    Who uses a 25 ORIGINAL HALCYION synape?
    I use to before I sold it. I wanted to get the SA so I sold my S25 Halcyon. It was a great bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Forum Member
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently received an Aeronaut 30, and am looking for another smaller backpack to carry around for trips and things, for when my kids hand over their sweaters and water bottles, etc. I was thinking the S19, but then I saw that the Luminary 14 was going to be available "soon-ish". Now I am totally torn as to whether I go for S19 or wait for the L14! But there's no indication that the L14 will be released any time soon. What would you do?
    delight in the making

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any update on whether the Guide's Pack will be offered in any other colors again? The last update I saw was from 2016 (it said only blue for the foreseeable future).

I've been wanting to buy it for some time now but I'm not crazy about blue.

Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I'm super excited to see that there will be Northwest Sky Aether! I was sad when Carbon Aether was discontinued, because I don't really like how any of the other Aethers look with my bag linings. Hooray for another neutral!
    Yes! I have been struggling to coordinate all my my internal Halcyon colors with my various packing cubes, and I am thrilled to have a neutral to work with.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh, the Nebulous/Island S25 is now available to purchase. Looks great, but I am restraining myself and trying to be good.

Edit: I see the Aubergine 525/Island S25 will be shipping by late September. Smilie
    Last edited by pammy; 08-31-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nebulous Gray/Island S25 ordered! Been waiting for the perfect color combo, feel like this is going to really look good!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by portlandia View Post
    Nebulous Gray/Island S25 ordered! Been waiting for the perfect color combo, feel like this is going to really look good!
    Same. Cloud was just too light for me!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received a big box of goodies! Trucks, Shop Bags, and some bits and bobs... going to bring the small Zip Shop Bag on a flight tomorrow.

The Nebulous is a beautiful true grey - noticeably darker than, but complementary to, Cloud.
    Viewed next to Steel, I really notice the green undertones in the Steel (which I like)... there's definitely room in my life for all three greys plus NWSky.
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooooh, the Cubelet is available in the new Aubergine 525. Fingers crossed for an Aubergine Travel Cubelet very, very soon!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw the small cafe bag nebulous grey and island is in production

The Earth, we share.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the Travel Cubelet ever in Black 400 Halcyon?
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-5_rw4fffv-tqtnnbjssscaiji4d57wmvaofk0vegou_xyxrde79bt3jqpp87gba0lictbqhkuqv0-jkpijgz-bfrtpxzw2jp-jpg
    I realized by accident that the lovely Mars Red looks a lot like ... Cayenne Cordura?! (As shown, interior of Olive Cordura Ristretto)
    (I think both are actually a bit more orangey in real life, and the Mars Red is a little more red and the Cayenne a little more orange, but... still very similar!)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Is the Travel Cubelet ever in Black 400 Halcyon?
    Hi @weirdguy,

No, the Travel Cubelet has never been made in Black 400d Halcyon. But this color is something I suggested in the original thread for the Travel Cubelet back in October 2017. I'll excerpt a quote (click on the arrow to the right to be taken to the original post in that thread):
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think it would be awesome if they made versions of the Travel Cubelet in the New Black Halcyon. The inside of the Travel Cubelet (TC) takes on either the color of Carbon Aether (for the side that backs the diagonal slash pocket, and that makes up the interior pocket for a small notebook/passport/etc. and a pen insert), or the reverse color of the Ballistic Nylon. The light grid pattern on the reverse side of the New Black (400d) Halcyon (and, for that matter, of the New Nordic 400d Halcyon), makes it easier to see and find contents inside the TC compared to straight 525d Black Ballistic Nylon. Plus, the New Black Halcyon is a color/fabric combination that guys could easily use for accessories (Phtablet, Kindle, large Phone, etc.) without having it look like a "purse". It speaks "high tech", and an accessory that they might pull out of their Daylight Briefcase, Night Flight Travel Duffel, Pilot, Cafe Bag, Cadet, Ristretto, etc.

From the Side Effects, I've often found that I want something of larger capacity than the 3D Organizer Cubes that I can use both for packing and as a separate carrying accessory. So, I've ordered the Halcyon Travel Cubelet (in both Northwest Sky and Island) to experiment with, but I would totally support 400d Halcyon options of the TC.

moriond
    I'll just add that since @Darcy recently announced they now have a new color of Aether in Northwest Sky, maybe that can be an option for the Travel Cubelet pockets.

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím really hoping for a S25 to come out in Verde- for my swift and Iím in love with the colour.

Failing that, I hope Cloud/UV sticks around till I can afford an S25....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a long wait, but I finally got my hands on the Deep Blue / Cloud Small Cafe Bag. Wow, I love this combination so much! In my opinion, Deep Blue is the best blue Tom Bihn has produced (excepting Fjord), but it's usually paired with contrasting colors. There is canyon, which was ok at first but began to grate on my nerves with how in-your-face it is, and grass, which is too hideous to ever contemplate buying. But with the silver interior it is the perfect low-key bag, and it's still bright enough to see the contents.

Also appreciating the black version of the small zip-top shop bag. All my Tom Bihn gear, along with the rest of my possessions, are getting boxed up, but I'll look forward to wearing it in October! I'll have a longer commute, so all these great totes will be put to good use.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Page 98 of 153 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast