Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Tom Bihn company: about that late November debut....

Would it be possible to launch BEFORE Black Friday? Because I will likely be using some of my Christmas budget to purchase some of your new items, I'll need to know how much money I have left for /everyone else/. Cool

Thank you.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I second the motion? Many of us will be traveling then, too. elisa

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but not on Thanksgiving day. You should be closed that day. Smilie

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we could just move it up to Halloween Wink That wouldn't be a problem right?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only you guys knew how fraught with tension this upcoming debut is! There will be debuts for sure, but one or two of the items we hope to introduce may or may not happen because we're waiting on some specialized sewing machine folders in order to make them. It looks like it's going to be up until the last minute on this debut.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darcy,

If this has already been answered please direct me to the right spot...

How does a debut of new items/colours work? I didn't know one was planned for Black Friday, although I have heard of that day being big for shopping in US. How did the above people know one is happening then, or is it guessing..?

Do you announce a date that new items/colours will be released? If so,where is this announcement made? How much notice, etc.

I just want to be sure I am looking in the right place at the right time! Not to mention with finger on the 'buy' trigger!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did the above people know one is happening then, or is it guessing..?
    It's guessing. Darcy only said "late November".
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

North of the TB Mothership
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I do hope the TB staff have the Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving off. I think those are two lovely days to spend with friends and family rather than shop or work if you don't need to.

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    Would it be possible to launch BEFORE Black Friday? Because I will likely be using some of my Christmas budget to purchase some of your new items, I'll need to know how much money I have left for /everyone else/. Cool

Thank you.
    I'm totally in the same boat. I understand that this debut may be up in the air but maybe we could get a sticker shock hint? Something like "if you bought one of everything it would be X dollars" or "pricepoints for items that MAY be included in the debut will be a,b,c,d and e." Not saying what each thing is but maybe giving us a slight budgetary guide so we can plan? I know it wouldn't be exact by any means but it might help a little bit?
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    Hi Darcy,

If this has already been answered please direct me to the right spot...

How does a debut of new items/colours work? I didn't know one was planned for Black Friday, although I have heard of that day being big for shopping in US. How did the above people know one is happening then, or is it guessing..?

Do you announce a date that new items/colours will be released? If so,where is this announcement made? How much notice, etc.

I just want to be sure I am looking in the right place at the right time! Not to mention with finger on the 'buy' trigger!
    There is no fixed thread for debut announcements... you'll have to check the forum's various threads every so often. The good news is that it's likely that someone will create a thread to speculate on the new releases as the approximate date draws near. (In fact, this may end up being the thread to check-- who knows?) But so far, the one consistent thing for the past few launches is that it's been at 10AM, PDT/PST.

ETA: @Darcy, you can take your time with the debut.... my wallet is still recovering from the shock of having my pens repaired :\
    Last edited by adalangdon; 10-26-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Adalangdon. I get confused between a few of the similar threads about wish lists, speculation, etc and I don't want to miss the big day. I'll just have to keep a close eye on the forums.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Tom Bihn company: about that late November debut....

Did folks hear REI will be closed on Black Friday? That's so awesome! Instead, they are asking shoppers to #optoutside, or spend time outdoors that day. I hope TB participates too!

ETA I want to clarify that I hope they participate to give their employees an extra day off and encourage folks to spend time outside, not just to have a different debut day. Dear Tom Bihn company:  about that late November debut.... My campus is open (for employees) that day, but I can always take the day off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pokilani; 10-27-2015 at 05:58 AM.

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah! We're so glad REI is doing this and we hope it catches on! Last year was (I think?) the first day-after-Thanksgiving we've been open. I know people liked that we were open because they had the day off and were able to come down to the shop. At this point, if we’re open that Friday, it’ll just be me, Tom and Nik working. Smilie

This year we’ve talked about having the debut of our latest designs before Thanksgiving (unlikely given the last-minute nature of some of the debut items), on the day after Thanksgiving (initially what we were thinking, still possible but unlikely), or November 30th (most likely).

We expect there will be two big bags in this debut and some smaller stuff. I’d offer this: what we’re debuting might (or might not) sell out in the first round but we’ll be making more of everything*, so if debut-time isn’t the right time to buy, feel free to wait and see what people think of the new designs before ordering yourself. We do what we do because we love to design and make new bags and debuts are a fun way to share that, but we want to make sure everyone can feel a part of the excitement of all of this, even if they don't buy anything.

*We’ll be offering the last of the limited edition Dyneema/nylon summer color bags (Zest, Island, Northwest Sky) at the time of this debut. (Note: bags in these colors won't be available before the debut day.) But who knows, we might offer more limited edition Dyneema/nylon colors next year so you might even want to wait for those…
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, you have me totally excited!!!
    -m

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Darcy, you have me totally excited!!!
    Yay!! There's much to be excited about. I mean, all of the pockets in one of these bags in particular... I'm not sure I've ever seen so much amazing built-in organization in a bag. (Plus plenty of o-rings.)

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast