Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45 durability

I received my Tom Bihn aeronaut 45 and one of the tie down strap is not secure. Also this is tested before I even put any clothes under the straps. One strap locks into place and if you tug on it a little it doesnt come undone, the other unfortunately applying the same minimum amount of force separates.

Important to note I have not placed any clothes under the straps and one of them comes undone if you do a gentle tug.

My concern is even if I get a replacement, the tie down strap will become loose over time and wont lock in place. Users that have the aeronaut 45 for a while can you tell me if the tie down straps are as secure as when you first received the product?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you've got a bad buckle there -- I'm sorry about that. We switched to a lower profile (yay!) buckle and have found that a buckle here or there of this new variety has that issue (boo!). We've switched back to the previous tried-and-true consistently well-performing buckle; we'd be happy to send you (and anyone else experiencing this issue) a new set of tie-down straps. emailus@tombihn.com and we'll work out the details.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tie downs are good but my husband's snap button broke off very quickly and mine had worn quite badly around the backpack strap. I wrote into Tom Bihn during my travels and they didn't seem to think it would be a problem. Two huge trips later, it hasn't got any worse! Both bags are around 4 yrs old and still going strong - extremely well used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk