Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stock question: Synapse 25 in plum or red blend

Looking to pickup a Synapse 25 for my daughter as her first Tom Bihn bag! What's the word on availability of the bag in plum or red blend?

Thanks!

Stephen

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Stephen,

The Synapse 25 would look gorgeous in Plum as well as Red Blend!

The Synapse 25 is currently available in French Blue/Steel, Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet, Olive/Northwest Sky, Burnt Orange/Northwest Sky -- the product page shows the color options available in the drop down list.

If you subscribe to the New Bags and Colors Ready To Order thread, the TOM BIHN Crew posts as new bags/colors become available for order.

Good luck!
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just to add to @maverick's comments: they also added back the options for Navy/Wasabi and Black/Steel to the Synapse 25 today. The thread that @maverick linked announces new color options, but it doesn't alert you to colors that were introduced, quickly sold out due to popularity (like Navy/Wasabi) and then get restocked.

@chuender, Red Blend was introduced for the first time as a Synapse color for the Synapse 19, only a little over 3 weeks ago. It hasn't showed up yet for the Synapse 25. However, major refreshes of the color offerings between these two product lines (S19 and S25) are usually staggered, so a Red Blend offering for the S25 is something I would keep an eye out for in the near future (and be prepared to move fast on as a potentially popular color purchase). I like Plum, but it hasn't been seen much lately as a Synapse color offering, although you can get it in the Daylight Backpack and Daylight Briefcase. I think that in large part it's because the current recent "new" color offerings (at least in the Ballistic Nylon bags) have emphasized "warm" colors like Burnt Orange, Verde, and Coyote, while among the (older) cooler colors, the popular Aubergine has a redder tinge that doesn't pair as well with the bluer Plum. However, plum goes pretty nicely with the new Northwest Sky lining, and I think that it's likely we'll see this popular color come back to the Synapse offerings, especially with more queries such as yours.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 02-16-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Correct typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for a Red Blend S25! I don't think it would go *too* badly with NWS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @adalangdon, @moriond and @maverick for the replies. I'll subscribe to the stock thread to keep an eye out for the red blend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard recently that the S25 will be coming out in RB later this spring.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a head's up to everyone that the Synapse 25 in Red Blend/Wasabi showed up yesterday. (I was too busy to post, but I was kind of surprised that another forum member didn't pick this up and post.)

moriond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone sent me a message this morning! Smilie

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Just a head's up to everyone that the Synapse 25 in Red Blend/Wasabi showed up yesterday. (I was too busy to post, but I was kind of surprised that another forum member didn't pick this up and post.)

moriond
    Cyndi posted it on the New Bags Ready To Order Thread so it wasn't completely unannounced Smilie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Cyndi posted it on the New Bags Ready To Order Thread so it wasn't completely unannounced Smilie
    Agreed, and that's where I read about it yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndi View Post
    02/26/2016 New Bags and Colors Ready to Order

Synapse 25, Coyote/Northwest Sky
    Synapse 25, Red Blend/Wasabi
    Synapse 25, Burnt Orange/Northwest Sky

Cache, 13-inch MacBook Air

Snake Charmer, Plum

Daylight Briefcase, Black/Steel

Ristretto, Black/Steel
    I'm just a bit surprised that we didn't have some forum member commenting about this.

moriond