Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which bags do you want us to make in Halcyon Black 400d?

Voters
326. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Maker’s Bag

83 25.46%
  • Cadet

18 5.52%
  • Pilot

81 24.85%
  • Co-Pilot

63 19.33%
  • Western Flyer

58 17.79%
  • Tri-Star

38 11.66%
  • Night Flight Travel Duffel

47 14.42%
  • Daylight Briefcase

70 21.47%
  • Parental Unit

30 9.20%
  • Field Journal Notebook

41 12.58%
  • Side Effect

154 47.24%
  • Swift

48 14.72%
  • Cafe Bags

107 32.82%
  • Shop Bags

80 24.54%
  • Daylight Backpack

123 37.73%
  • Brain Bag

34 10.43%
  • Guide's Pack

7 2.15%
  • Smart Alec

64 19.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
    Does it make any practical sense to develop, say, a 600d or 800d Dyneema/Halcyon to make up for the lack of durability? Or would that make the fabric so heavy that it'd negate the benefit of the fabric over ballistic nylon?
    That's in the works, but our mill keeps these things close to the vest until they're good and ready. That's all we can say at this point.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea of the gray grid. I would be seriously tempted by any bag that was black with gray grid..
    Off the top of my head. I wouldn't be able to resist UV or gray interior in..
    Co pilot
    WF
    Side effect
    I think this could be the kind of emergency that credit cards were meant for��
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That's in the works, but our mill keeps these things close to the vest until they're good and ready. That's all we can say at this point.
    So, if Tom were to make the vest that the folks at the mill wore...?
    -m

Forum Member
    Fargo
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink When you all dump your poor old black dyneema bags and OPs.....

.....remember me. Just sayin.'

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, so classy-looking! Assuming the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag will be available in this, it will actually look like a really nice purse I can take to a business meeting!! (as if I have one of those. But still). Woot woot!!

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Black Halcyon/NWS Wishlist:

- Side Effect
    YES! I'd be able to put a fancier cord strap on it and wear it out to dinner!

Others:

- Packing Cube Backpack
    - Daylight Backpack
    - Daylight Briefcase
    - Packing Cube Shoulder Bag

Pweeeeease!!!
    Last edited by Lani; 02-25-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Code fixed.

Forum Member
    Utah
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see you innovating with fabrics. I love my recently acquired Smart Alec, in the fabric previously known as Dyneema. It, however, would not take much to make me pull out the credit card for a black/gray Halcyon SA with a Zest or Island interior. An Upper Modular Pocket in Zest or Island plus some color matched Gatekeeper Straps would also be cool.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packing cube shoulder bag please!

Nor Cal
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh oh

And just when I'd almost become used to my checkerboard luggage (love, love the weight but still was dreaming of a subtler pattern).

And *maybe*, someday colors other than black?

Double Uh Oh.

Oh, heck...just take all my money!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it's time to sell my Aeronaut 45 and Aeronaut 30 in Steel Dyneema and replace them with the new black grid? HMMMM.......?????
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my goodness... Need. Need. Need!

And if we're voting on interior I vote an S25 with Island interior. That would look amazing with the black exterior. Otherwise Iberian
    Last edited by AllDayRuckoff; 02-25-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Current EDC: S25 (BlkHyc)
    Current Closet: BB (Blk/Blk/Blk), SA (Blk/Blk/Iberian), UMP (Blk), TT(Island)
    Owner of All Day Ruckoff

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    Iberian interior please! Wow, I check out for a two day NyQuil stupor and miss the excitement!
    Another vote for Iberian! And Northwest Sky. Also, I would buy a Halcyon Western Flyer in a HEARTBEAT. Thank you!!

Forum Member
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost stopped breathing there for a minute! Oh the dark beauty of the black grid. New S25 here I come! (the 2 I already own are perfectly serviceable, but there will be no restraint-as it is the best bag ever assembled). UV interior is my absolute favorite, but I would have to buy them both if an Island interior was offered as well. This is so exciting. Thank you, TB team.

Wait, why am I thanking you?? That whooshing sound in my ears is my bank account flowing out toward the PNW. Ack! hehe...jk. Worth every penny! I can hardly stand it! Will I make it to April??

At some point, please oh please make LCBs in the black grid. My everyday/everywhere/all the time home and travel carry is my Blk Dyn LCB. Even with its evil wasabi interior, I still adore it above all other purses/PLOs, and am ridiculously faithful to it. Please make a black grid LCB with UV or Island interior (or a blue/purple-of some sort-interior). After all, a girl needs a "formal" bag that works for those special occasions.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Forum Member
    Los Angeles
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One Halcyon/Island S25, please. (And, okay, an A30, too.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never liked the look of the Dyneema. This new fabric, though, looks FANTASTIC!!!!! I love the way you guys never sit back on your laurels, but rather are always forging ahead with new and innovative products!!!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast