Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Travelers cannot take a filled bottle past security but it is permitted to carry an empty bottle through to fill up on the other side. Many airports have reusable bottle filling stations precisely for this purpose.

If one has no need to carry water, or any other [insert item X here] that is one's prerogative. The opposite is true as well.
    For situations such as this, I prefer the Vapur collapsible bottles. When not in use they don't bulk out the pocket, but once through security you can just whip it out and fill it up at a water fountain. Which I discovered on my 3rd trip through Gatwick South is upstairs, on the way to the toilets located near the lift/Special assistance lounge .... you're welcome Big Grin

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Back in my day (get off my lawn) we didn't have water bottles.
    Maybe we didn't buy them back in the day(60s child here), but in my family, we made them! My mom didn't like tap water so I grew up watching her carry water around all the time. Every week or so we'd have to go fill up 10 one gallon water bottles with the filtered water you buy from the machines outside the grocery store. We then used things like a recycled juice bottle or even a pickle jar (my mom was a recycling queen), so we could have my mom's "magic water" with us at all times. Could we live without it? Of course, but nothing wrong with doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about not liking tap water, we had sulfur water. And I still don't remember anyone who bought bottled water back in the 60s. But that may have just been the people in my area.

I never said there was anything wrong with bottled water (buying or making your own). We seriously need a sarcasm font for when someone is winking while typing.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who easily drinks a couple bottles of water a day I'd do ok on the plane, but if that's my only bag how do you carry a bottle to fill later. And, yes, I do fill it immediately after security because then I'm sitting in at least one airport for several hours.....

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    For situations such as this, I prefer the Vapur collapsible bottles. When not in use they don't bulk out the pocket, but once through security you can just whip it out and fill it up at a water fountain. Which I discovered on my 3rd trip through Gatwick South is upstairs, on the way to the toilets located near the lift/Special assistance lounge .... you're welcome Big Grin
    Aaarrrgghh. Was in Gatwick South yesterday and couldn't find the water fountain to fill up my bottle. Now I know where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Travelers cannot take a filled bottle past security but it is permitted to carry an empty bottle through to fill up on the other side. Many airports have reusable bottle filling stations precisely for this purpose.
    I wanted to mention that I carried an empty glass Voss water bottle in my Tri-Star. I chose to carry that bottle because I prefer glass bottles over plastic, and I wanted to carry something that I wouldn't mind tossing if I had to.

It was at London Heathrow (or perhaps at Washington Dulles) that Security pulled it out after my Tri-Star went through the X-Ray machine. So it may not be a bad idea to pull an empty glass water bottle out of the bag if this becomes a trend.

Going through Security in Zürich, I forgot that I had a full water bottle. But it worked out -- it was nice to re-hydrate going through Security! Smilie

So I very much appreciate the Tri-Star and Western Flyer water bottle pocket! And the Voss bottle fits nicely inside, allowing the zipper to fully close with the bottle inside.
    Last edited by maverick; 08-15-2016 at 05:56 AM.
    -m

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the water bottle pocket for my laptop bricks. They take up too much space in my minimalist DLBC.

Edit: The should have been past tense. I meant "used". I no longer have a WF Frown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2