Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That's correct, moriond. We were able to migrate some—but not all, including order history—user website account information to the new website. We were only able to migrate the billing address, name, and email address. Sorry about that. We had hoped to migrate order history but it just wasn't possible.

How did the process of updating your account to work on the new website work for you?

Expect a big "New Bags and Colors Ready To Order" post later today!
    I inadvertently created another new account when I tried to migrate before getting the correct one and being able to migrate. That's because I wasn't sure which email account I used to originally set up my account, and I use mail aliases for different usages. (I sent an email off to alert customer support of the duplicate "create" entry). Apart from that, things went well.

I like the links to all the product accessories, and as far as I can tell the color samples on the main pages all correctly reflect available ordering options (the old product page color block samples didn't). Still exploring. Love the new organization and pictures.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I inadvertently created another new account when I tried to migrate before getting the correct one and being able to migrate. That's because I wasn't sure which email account I used to originally set up my account, and I use mail aliases for different usages. (I sent an email off to alert customer support of the duplicate "create" entry). Apart from that, things went well.
    Ahh, ok. I'm glad it worked out in the end. If you want the new account deleted, just let me know!

I like the links to all the product accessories, and as far as I can tell the color samples on the main pages all correctly reflect available ordering options (the old product page color block samples didn't). Still exploring. Love the new organization and pictures.
    Isn't that awesome?! From now on, the color shown in the category page will always be one that is orderable on the actual bag page.

We're still creating the sub-categories within the drop-down menu on the left side of category pages. If anyone has ideas for more categories that we could add, let us know! (My favorite so far is Road Trip Bags).
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW this is fast!!! Loveing it!
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy updating of the user account for me. I'm personally glad the order history wasn't migrated...no lingering evidence trail of my "must have all the bags" spending!! Wink

Visually, the site is very clean, appealing and organized...kudos to all involved in the development and integration!! It's nit picky, but I do prefer a view all option rather than paging through a couple pages (I usually visit the All Bags page). It's not terribly taxing to tab through three pages so I'll be fine.

No more Glowires? That was slated to go on my wish list to await the 3/29 debut.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Expect a big "New Bags and Colors Ready To Order" post later today!
    I've been listing some of the new items and colors that I've noted in my "ETA=Edited to Add" post additions.

The far west
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threeteez View Post
    Easy updating of the user account for me. I'm personally glad the order history wasn't migrated...no lingering evidence trail of my "must have all the bags" spending!! Wink

Visually, the site is very clean, appealing and organized...kudos to all involved in the development and integration!! It's nit picky, but I do prefer a view all option rather than paging through a couple pages (I usually visit the All Bags page). It's not terribly taxing to tab through three pages so I'll be fine.

No more Glowires? That was slated to go on my wish list to await the 3/29 debut.
    Hehe! I am glad the account updating went well.

Totally agree with you about "view all". That's one thing we can't customize right now -- we can only show 50 products max at a time on a category page. We've been told that might be changed in a future release of our website software, though.

We only have one Glowire left and don't plan to order more (apologies, should've given everyone a heads-up on that) so we didn't move that page to the new website. You'll be getting a shipping notification later today -- the very last Glowire pack is on its way to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    WOW this is fast!!! Loveing it!
    Oh good, that's wonderful to hear! I know that back when the website was slow it was especially slow for people outside of the U.S.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Darcy, I love the fact that you've restocked the Knitting Tool Pouches (Size #3 had been unavailable for a long time), and that you even found some more Size 2 Knitting Tool Pouches in Kiwi (that I'll refrain from ordering -- I already stocked up on these before Kiwi disappeared). But in this case, it's a pain to have to first choose the size and then go through all the drop down menu options for colors to see that most of the combination options are "unavailable". If you've memorized the way the old product page color offerings for Knitting Tool Pouches, yiu'll know that the options (if available) for these were: Aubergine for all sizes, and in addition, a second color (if available) of Navy for Size #1, Kiwi for Size #2, Steel for Size #3, and Forest for Size #4. It's just plain cruel to make me check every size in hopes that there were secretly more Kiwi pouches made up, only to see "unavailable"! Should I assume that the Size #3 pouches are just a few that we're found in inventory (like the Kiwi Size #2), and will sell out fast?

moriond

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the new look and the drop down categorization - e.g. Personal Item Bags, Laptop bag based on laptop size, etc.
    I love the Build your own Organization section and the Materials menu entry - I have learned a few new things from there today - foam types, buckles, etc!

Great work!

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering what the sort order is for the ALL BAGS pages? will there by options for sort at some point...

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond, I saw your post and zipped over to the page to see if I could snag more Kiwi knitting pouches. Alas--all gone, but it says they're making more. Is that possible? Isn't Kiwi (sob) gone forever?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    @moriond, I saw your post and zipped over to the page to see if I could snag more Kiwi knitting pouches. Alas--all gone, but it says they're making more. Is that possible? Isn't Kiwi (sob) gone forever?
    @Abby, That Kiwi teaser was just plain cruel! I'm also wondering whether the Size #3 Knitting Tool Pouches ( in Steel and Aubergine), were only only the few that they found in inventory, I suspect they'll make more of everything eventually, but in different colors.

moriond

The far west
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, I love the fact that you've restocked the Knitting Tool Pouches (Size #3 had been unavailable for a long time), and that you even found some more Size 2 Knitting Tool Pouches in Kiwi (that I'll refrain from ordering -- I already stocked up on these before Kiwi disappeared). But in this case, it's a pain to have to first choose the size and then go through all the drop down menu options for colors to see that most of the combination options are "unavailable". If you've memorized the way the old product page color offerings for Knitting Tool Pouches, yiu'll know that the options (if available) for these were: Aubergine for all sizes, and in addition, a second color (if available) of Navy for Size #1, Kiwi for Size #2, Steel for Size #3, and Forest for Size #4. It's just plain cruel to make me check every size in hopes that there were secretly more Kiwi pouches made up, only to see "unavailable"! Should I assume that the Size #3 pouches are just a few that we're found in inventory (like the Kiwi Size #2), and will sell out fast?
    Thank goodness you caught this! We updated all bags and accessories on the new site with our inventory numbers -- except it looks like we missed the Knitting Tool Pouches. We don't actually have the Size 3 Knitting Tool Pouch or the Size 2 in Kiwi in stock (those inventory numbers are now correct/the Kiwi option is gone).

I agree the selections/unavailable thing is less than ideal right now. We think it will be much better once our out of stock/notification solution (we need a better official working title for it!) is implemented. Once that happens, the unavailable (but scheduled to be made again in the near future) sizes or colors will be greyed-out in the dropdown, clueing you in a bit earlier in the process that they are out of stock. If you do select one of those greyed-out options, you'll be able to view the photos of that unavailable size/color as well as see an option to sign up to be emailed when that unavailable color combination is back in stock. Or, at least, that’s the plan — this is still in development, so no firm promises until it’s the real deal and we’ve seen it work. Smilie

Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    I love the new look and the drop down categorization - e.g. Personal Item Bags, Laptop bag based on laptop size, etc.
    I love the Build your own Organization section and the Materials menu entry - I have learned a few new things from there today - foam types, buckles, etc!
    I am so glad you like it, tpnl! That means a lot to us.

Quote Originally Posted by sogalitno View Post
    Wondering what the sort order is for the ALL BAGS pages? will there by options for sort at some point...
    Our thought with the All Bags page is to leave it as-is and not add a drop-down with further sorting or categories because the other categories kind of cover that, at least to us.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Address Missing Leading Zero in Zip Code

Hi Darcy,

Migrated my account, it kept the address, and nothing else.

You might want to check - it dropped the leading zero on my zip code. Easy fix, but it'll probably happen to others.

Thanks!

Toronto, ON Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm delighted with the new look. I love the materials page; so informative as well as the history. I love the way the everything is all in one place even if it is over 3 pages. Would you guys consider listing the items alphabetically or is there some arcane reason that they are listed in the seemingly random order?

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the new site too. I wanted to mention that I received an email about my months old TB gift certificate (I know, I know, but I'm practicing patience). I was a little worried (though never expressed it) that something might happen to my GC so I was very happy to get that email. Thanks so much for anticipating issues on that front, TB. You guys are the best.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast