Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm stocking my new wishlist - yay! One thing I wonder if you could do. On the old wishlist there was a place for notes. I want the Pilot in Navy/Iberian, a thing which doesn't exist. Frown So Navy/Wasabi is on my wishlist, but I'd like a place to note that I'd really rather have Iberian.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also sometimes used the notes if I was saving a gift idea (UV Small Shop bag with the note "Mom's birthday," for example).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really newsy, but I am sooo excited for you guys to see the Materials Glossary (Tom authored all of the entries) and the History page!

Love the Material Glossary, History and Crew page!

More investigating of the website is needed, of course!

Thousand of Kudos to Darcy and the Web Design page! Getting all that done the week after the Spring time change must be tough.
    Last edited by backpack; 03-16-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a person who was very exited to see her ordering history wiped. And I am not saying it was not me :-D

On my German part of the web the pages load much fast now, I very much apriciate that.

Ilkyway
    ďAnkh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.Ē

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Not really newsy, but I am sooo excited for you guys to see the Materials Glossary (Tom authored all of the entries) and the History page!

Love the Material Glossary, History and Crew page!

More investigating of the website is needed, of course!

Thousand of Kudos to Darcy and the Web Design page! Getting all that done the week after the Spring time change must be tough.
    Thank you Team Bihn for having the forethought to provide me with rich and meaningful content to keep me busy until the debut. I really don't know how I would get through the next fortnight without it. I will pace myself and truly savor the text and videos.

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I just noticed the Crew page -- love it!!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The materials section, the history page and the crew - wow! It all looks great. Well done!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on how order changes are handled:

If you need to remove items from an order you’ve placed that hasn’t yet shipped, we can simply remove the items from your order for you.

If you’d like to add items to your order or upgrade your shipping method, here’s how that will work: when you email us to request an order change, we’ll create a new, second order for you for the new items or the shipping upgrade. The new order will be attached to your account, which means you can see it if you log in to the website and view your order history. Then, we’ll email you a secure link to our website where you can enter your credit card information to pay for the added bags or shipping upgrade; that email will also specify how long we will hold the items for you to purchase. Once you enter your payment information and submit the order, our shipping department will receive the order and we will get to work getting it shipped out to you. Note that, as before, order changes can potentially delay shipment of an order by one business day, though our awesome crew mostly makes it all happen same day.

You can also call us to make a change to your order and we can take your credit card information over the phone, but we think most people will prefer the option outlined above.

Let me know if anyone has questions about this. I'll post about this in a separate, specific thread closer to debut day.

Quote Originally Posted by vkigus View Post
    I'm stocking my new wishlist - yay! One thing I wonder if you could do. On the old wishlist there was a place for notes. I want the Pilot in Navy/Iberian, a thing which doesn't exist. Frown So Navy/Wasabi is on my wishlist, but I'd like a place to note that I'd really rather have Iberian.
    We’re looking into this! Hope to have an update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by s_clarsach View Post
    You might want to check - it dropped the leading zero on my zip code. Easy fix, but it'll probably happen to others.
    Thanks for alerting us to this — a flaw in the import! Anyone who has a zip code starting with a 0 will, unfortunately, experience this. Sorry about that. Thankfully, it will be caught in the shipping process and corrected, if not before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    I love the new site too. I wanted to mention that I received an email about my months old TB gift certificate (I know, I know, but I'm practicing patience). I was a little worried (though never expressed it) that something might happen to my GC so I was very happy to get that email. Thanks so much for anticipating issues on that front, TB. You guys are the best.
    Yay! Thanks for bringing this up, and I'm glad it all worked out. All active gift certificates were transferred to the new website yesterday. Smilie
    Last edited by Darcy; 03-17-2016 at 01:59 PM.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dimension/specs page looks nicely updated with the new fabric, and it is an extremely handy source of information too. I will admit that I don't believe I have ever clicked on that page previously, but it is very well organized, and it is quite handy to be able to see the comparative specs for the various bags (even sorted by type) at a glance. I love it! Thank you!

For anyone who hasn't used this reference previously, I highly recommend it: https://www.tombihn.com/pages/dimensions-specs
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to add the Spiff Kit in Deluxe/Wasabi to my Wish List, but the "Add to Wishlist" button seems to be unresponsive...

The far west
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    The dimension/specs page looks nicely updated with the new fabric, and it is an extremely handy source of information too. I will admit that I don't believe I have ever clicked on that page previously, but it is very well organized, and it is quite handy to be able to see the comparative specs for the various bags (even sorted by type) at a glance. I love it! Thank you!

For anyone who hasn't used this reference previously, I highly recommend it: https://www.tombihn.com/pages/dimensions-specs
    Isn't that page awesome?! We almost added the dimensions of the March 29th debut items to that page as we were building it.... good thing we caught that! Note: the Packing Cube section will soon get tabs like the other sections have and the Aeronaut 30 Packing Cubes will be added as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsus View Post
    I'm trying to add the Spiff Kit in Deluxe/Wasabi to my Wish List, but the "Add to Wishlist" button seems to be unresponsive...
    Ahh: yes, there seems to be a hiccup in adding items that aren't in stock to one's wish list. We're looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by monisbrett View Post
    I'm delighted with the new look. I love the materials page; so informative as well as the history. I love the way the everything is all in one place even if it is over 3 pages. Would you guys consider listing the items alphabetically or is there some arcane reason that they are listed in the seemingly random order?
    Good point! We'll re-order the materials entries to be in alphabetical order sometime early next week.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow dimensions page is wonderful! I have spent so much time in the past going back and forth loading pages to compare these measurements, and then getting confused about the notes I have jotted down as I suddenly start considering a different bag... This will solve all that.

Can I ask that shopping bag litre size be added (when you have time).

So which tab did you nearly add the debut item to, Darcy?

The far west
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few folks asked if we could add to our new wish list system two key functionalities that the old system offered: a place for notes and the ability to adjust quantity once in the Wish List.

I have some good news! We've found a solution that will allow our new wish list system to retain all of its great features and add back the notes and quantity adjust functionality. It could be implemented within a few days.

Here's the catch: it means everyone's wish lists would, once again, be erased, and unfortunately there's no way around this.

We think the best option, as irritating as the second loss of existing wish lists might be, would be to implement the notes/quantity solution, and to do it sooner rather than later before more folks create wish lists.

What do you guys think?

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that those are features that people will request from time to time as long as they aren't there, so it seems to me it's best to bite the bullet and do it. And as you say, sooner is better than later. I would definitely like the notes section back in particular!

The far west
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, terayon! (And everyone who liked my post -- I'll take that as a vote for making the improvements!)

We'll continue to collect feedback until early tomorrow morning, at which point we'll make our decision. I'll keep everyone posted.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast