Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, agreed! erase the existing and move forward with the improved wish list functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been busy with my S19 and SCB, all day, with the Small Shop Bag playing special guest star when it was time to pick up stuff at the pharmacy.

I have noticed that some items have Dyneema/Halcyon fabric as a choice but the grid is missing on top of the color tile.

I pretty much know what color it is just by looking at the color and the bag but even, I get confused when Gray and NWS color options for the same bag and NWS has no grid.

For example, the Key Stap, the Pen Wrap, Clear Quarter Packing Cube, the Spiff Kits and 3D Clear Organizer Cube, have lost their grids but not the Travel Stuff Sack.

Speaking of the Spiff Kits, I am aware of the conspiracy to get me to warm up to them by including Ilkyway gorgeous pictures of purple stationery goodness with the UV Spiff Kit and the model beautiful picture of said product in NWS as the first color in the main page.

Now heading to the "spoilers abound" page, I forgot the title.

$30.00

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the wish list feedback, everyone: we're moving forward with the wish list improvements, and I hope to post another update soon!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread.

Does the site only display in-stock colors now (rather than the whole palette of re-stock possibilities)? I feel like there's a LOT fewer colors of some of the bags I keep my eye on.
    Brain Bag ■ | Synapse 25 ■ | Pilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread.

Does the site only display in-stock colors now (rather than the whole palette of re-stock possibilities)? I feel like there's a LOT fewer colors of some of the bags I keep my eye on.
    I think it's still a bit confusing. In items where there are multiple colors (like the Spiff Kits or Travel Stuff Sacks, where there are a range of sizes and colors), you have to select both the specific item/size and its color to see whether it's in stock. (I initially found out that a number of these color combinations that weren't available could be placed in my shopping cart when I checked out the new web site within a few hours of when it went live; they fixed this after my report.) So in most cases, the web site only displays in-stock colors. For the cases I mentioned (where there are stuff sacks or other such accessories), they now have a message that shows that certain colors in the Palette are in production, but not currently available. (As an example, I knew on March 16 th that there was only a Travel Stuff Sack in Steel available in Size 3 and 4, but was initially able to select any Steel Travel Stuff Sack in any size).

And yes, there are a lot fewer colors of some bags/accessories that have been selling out.

Hope this helps.

moriond

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a small typo noticed on the website - on the page for the Pilot:

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=17658166535

in the "Build your own organization" section, it says:

"Cache [...] and transforms the Cadet into a checkpoint friendly briefcase"

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think it's still a bit confusing. In items where there are multiple colors (like the Spiff Kits or Travel Stuff Sacks, where there are a range of sizes and colors), you have to select both the specific item/size and its color to see whether it's in stock. (I initially found out that a number of these color combinations that weren't available could be placed in my shopping cart when I checked out the new web site within a few hours of when it went live; they fixed this after my report.) So in most cases, the web site only displays in-stock colors. For the cases I mentioned (where there are stuff sacks or other such accessories), they now have a message that shows that certain colors in the Palette are in production, but not currently available. (As an example, I knew on March 16 th that there was only a Travel Stuff Sack in Steel available in Size 3 and 4, but was initially able to select any Steel Travel Stuff Sack in any size).

And yes, there are a lot fewer colors of some bags/accessories that have been selling out.

Hope this helps.

moriond
    Yep, that helps! I liked it a lot previously when I could tell what may still be made just from first glance... but I will definitely keep poking around the site so I get a hang of it.
    Brain Bag ■ | Synapse 25 ■ | Pilot

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Just a small typo noticed on the website - on the page for the Pilot:

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=17658166535

in the "Build your own organization" section, it says:

"Cache [...] and transforms the Cadet into a checkpoint friendly briefcase"
    You missed the other mispelling - should be 'build your own organiSation'. Well, it would be if Tom Bihn moved to Australia. Lol

Hey, that an idea, Tom, why not leave Seattle and move to near me? It's a little warmer but still rains a lot so it would feel like home. And I could help with colour selection and product design. For a start everything would be made in orange or azalea...

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOVE the coming soon colors that show up now, that is awesome and helps me make decisions about what to order!

Forum Member
    Los Angeles
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_atx View Post
    LOVE the coming soon colors that show up now, that is awesome and helps me make decisions about what to order!
    I just noticed that as well!

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So exciting that @sarah_atx and @jlchau noticed this new feature already! Here's all of the details.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came across what seems to be another error: in the Shop Bag page, when selecting "Monarch Halcyon 200", the default image appears to be "Zest" instead. (Strangely enough, the mouse-over zoom shows the correct color)
    Last edited by Jimsus; 04-16-2016 at 12:45 AM.

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimsus View Post
    Came across what seems to be another error: in the Shop Bag page, when selecting "Monarch Halcyon 200", the default image appears to be "Zest" instead. (Strangely enough, the mouse-over zoom shows the correct color)
    Thank you! That's fixed now.

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed on this page:

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16620957319

It's the product page for cordura/ballistic pouches, but the pouches in the picture are ballistic.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    Just noticed on this page:

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16620957319

It's the product page for cordura/ballistic pouches, but the pouches in the picture are ballistic.
    I took a look at this -- the main pouch is indeed Cordura (the mini and small are just discontinued Cordura colors) but what we're calling the "medley" photo is indeed Ballistic. We're going to take a few new photos and change that. Good eye!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5