Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Website Debuts March 16th! What You Need To Know....

We’ve been designing, developing, and testing a new website for the past three months. And next Wednesday, March 16th (if all goes as well as it has so far!), we’ll flip a switch and that new website will be live.

It was a herculean effort for our team to create the new site in just a mere three months. Our goal for the first phase of this process was to get the site up and working as beautifully as we could in time for the next debut. Many of the website improvements—on our list and yours—will be in Phase 2, Phase 3, and beyond. So, that’s all to say: stay tuned to see how it gets even better in the coming months. Smilie

Some parts of the website will be changing, and some will remain the same. I’ve made a list of changes that we can look forward to on the new website and a couple of things that (we hope!) will be short-term annoyances. We took great care as part of this transition to think about how we could minimize that less-than-great stuff as much as possible, but with a transition as big as this, some of that is unfortunately inevitable.

Note: customer service (email, phones, showroom appointments) will close at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 15th for a team training on the new website. All orders received by 12:30 p.m. will ship as usual. On Wednesday, March 16th, the day of the new website launch, our Factory Showroom will be closed.

Things we’re excited about and hope you will be, too:

• Materials Glossary: a new page with thorough descriptions (and, for most entries, a short video) of the major materials we use to make our bags.
    • History: a new page that’s a virtual version of the history wall in our Seattle Factory Showroom. (Make some cookies and coffee before you settle in to read it!)
    • The new site does not compress product images as much as the old site does, which means the images look much crisper and better overall.
    • There’s a zoom on product pages to give you more of a close-up sense of the fabrics and materials.
    • Video thumbnails are included with photo thumbnails, so it’s easier to see—and play—the videos on a product page.
    • The checkout process is shortened, streamlined, and simplified.
    • You can calculate your shipping options and prices at the basket page!
    • Should’ve been this way all along, but: the website won’t crash during debuts.
    • There are more, better-organized product categories that we hope will help you find stuff more easily (this will be a work in progress!)
    • And beyond that, our new website is more ready and able to handle custom solutions for things we’ve long dreamed of, like a more sophisticated out of stock/back in stock notification system. (That’s still in the works!)

Things we’re sorry about and wish we could’ve prevented but we can’t, but we hope it’s not too big of an inconvenience:

• We were able to migrate some—but not all—user website account information to the new website. Existing accounts will lose order history (for the past two years; prior to that, order history was not part of accounts) and the shipping address. We were able to migrate the billing address, name, and email address, so that information will already be part of your account on the new website. On the new website, there will be a short process to make sure your old account works with the new website.
    • The new website runs on an entirely new platform, and we couldn’t migrate existing wish lists. That means anyone who has one will lose their existing wish lists as of next Wednesday. I am really sorry about this. I use wish lists; I use them to keep track of what purchases I’m considering and also to organize my purchases (which is especially important if there’s lots of options, like we offer) or even to plan ahead for gifts for birthdays and the holidays. So, I can imagine how frustrating it might be to lose all of that information. The new website will have its own wish list system, so we invite you to create a new wish list on the new website.
    • We are human (all of @feijai robots were busy and couldn’t come help out on this project) and I bet we missed some stuff: typos, a funky looking image, maybe a bad link. If you see anything like that, let us know right away. Emailing webmaster@tombihn.com gets you straight to the source, but you can post here too.

Below are some screen shots of the new site Smilie

New Website Debuts March 16th! What You Need To Know....-materials-jpg

New Website Debuts March 16th! What You Need To Know....-zoom-jpg

New Website Debuts March 16th! What You Need To Know....-history-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Atlanta, GA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work TB Crew. Re-doing an (extensive!) wish list pales in comparison to what you guys have done.
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color EEK! 好的朋友

Forum Member
    North Queensland, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo hoo! Just want to say thanks. Look forward to the upgrades, which sound spiffing. Just as this dialogue that you as a company have with your customers on this forum is pretty darn fabulous.

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Our goal for the first phase of this process was to get the site up and working as beautifully as we could in time for the next debut.
    I read the whole long post and my eyes zoomed in on these two words!!

The sample screenshots look great. Can't wait to check out the new site. Annnnnnd can't wait to see any new product debuts!!!!! Woo hoo!!

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work. I look forward to taking a look at the new site Smilie

Mid-Atlantic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Splendid! It's sad to hear about the wish lists but there were several things I'd added early in the bag acquisition process, before I really had a good working knowledge of what I would need. This will give me a chance to start over, to fine tune my EDC and travel/shopping bags. {Silver Lining} Wink Can't wait for the next debut!! Yaaaaaaay! (Once again, my avatar perfectly expresses my feelings...)
    Bring back Solar, pretty please? Wink BRIGHT interior colours make me happy! Smilie **Team SolarSitkaWasabiZest**

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I read the whole long post and my eyes zoomed in on these two words!!

The sample screenshots look great. Can't wait to check out the new site. Annnnnnd can't wait to see any new product debuts!!!!! Woo hoo!!
    I think we need a countdown clock. Darcy, will the new site have a countdown clock?

USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    a more sophisticated out of stock/back in stock notification system. (That’s still in the works!)
    I'm looking forward to seeing this. Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exciting. Will the new checkout allow PayPal?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Darcy and the Website Crew!

It is very very exiting to see the History page back and the new product zooming capabilities as well as the detailed fabric page.

I hope there will also be a Crew and Skoodum Dogs of TB page in the future.

Soooo exiting!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, everyone, for your support. You don't even want to know how much time I spent fretting about the wish lists not making their way over to the new site, so your votes of confidence/readiness to make new ones is such a relief.

Speaking of which, here's a screen shot of the new Wish List system. Notice how the thumbnail photo for each item that I added to my list is the actual color of the item I selected. Smilie

New Website Debuts March 16th! What You Need To Know....-mywishlist-jpg

@Bijouxandbeads Though we totally get the user convenience aspect of PayPal (I use it) we don't plan to add PayPal as a payment method at this point. There are a lot of major administrative complications involved with PayPal that we've chosen not to take on.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So beautiful!

After I forgot the name of my Wish List, I switched to word processor with a detailed list of bags and accessories (name, color/fabric, number of items) for each order, which I phone in.

The visual appeal of the new Wish List is too much to resist and will be used from now on.

Once again, Bravo to Darcy and the Web Crew!

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That new wish list view is so dangerous! It will be fun to create new lists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid-Atlantic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy's wishlist:

New Website Debuts March 16th! What You Need To Know....-hc-jpg
    Bring back Solar, pretty please? Wink BRIGHT interior colours make me happy! Smilie **Team SolarSitkaWasabiZest**

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. It looks amazing already. Thank you for all the hard work. Don't worry about wish lists. It will be so much fun to redo them with the right colours!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast