Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Dissapointed

Forum Member
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dissapointed

I was really disappointed of all this excitement of new bags yet not much was added. Still no DLBP in dynema colours and still sold out. Any idea when the DLBP will be available?

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent an email to the TB staff today and asked, among other things, about the Daylight Backpack in Original Halcyon (formerly known as black Dyneema). In spite of today being a busy debut day I got an answer back and was told that it looks like the DLBP will be made in Original Halcyon in about 3 weeks Smilie .

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can imagine how our surprise debuts -- as much fun as they are -- can also be frustrating if you're hoping for something in particular and it doesn't end up being part of the debut! As requested by other members, future debuts will offer more of a preview of the items set to debut, so at least you'll know what's coming (and what isn't).

We're making Daylight Backpacks right now, but the factory is very busy with work (keeping up with increasing demand) so it'll be a little while before they are done... we're hoping for mid-late May.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're making Daylight Backpacks right now, but the factory is very busy with work (keeping up with increasing demand) so it'll be a little while before they are done... we're hoping for mid-late May.
    Not to be too nosey, but... if the new DLBPs are coming in mid-to-late May, does that mean we're getting another batch of original halcyon or new grey-grid halcyon? (Or both?!)

Forum Member
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Darcy however I need it for a late april trip to Ireland. I was so hoping to take pictures of the DLBP with the beauty of Ireland. No chance there is anything lying around in Dynema? I was almost considering the BPBC cube however I like the look of the DLPB better.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally want a DLBP in grey/black Halcyon. Or, even better, grey/Nordic Halcyon. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Thank you Darcy however I need it for a late april trip to Ireland. I was so hoping to take pictures of the DLBP with the beauty of Ireland. No chance there is anything lying around in Dyneema? I was almost considering the BPBC cube however I like the look of the DLPB better.
    Like you, I've been wanting the DLBP in black Dyneema (Original Halcyon), but I "settled" for the PCBP in black Dyneema (Original Halcyon) on debut day. Same effect and it will be useful as a packing cube, too. And the 400d will be more substantial/stronger than the 200d weight of the other colors. (newbie but I think I'm right?!)

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping an original halcyon/ultraviolet or NW Sky A30 appears before it's replaced with the new halcyon...I was planning on ordering an A30, but Monarch just doesn't make my heart sing...
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)