Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: oranges

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oranges

i have a couple questions regarding the oranges.

first is there more information on "Orange 152"? i ran a search in the forums but there were so many results and the first few didnt seem to really have any information. what kind of fabric is it? what does the name mean? is it only for the cafe bags?

second regarding zest. so is that color gone gone gone? or...?

thanks!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange 152 is a limited-edition Cordura fabric that was made available in Cafe Bags (along with Red Blend, Curry [schoolbus yellow], and Azure [I think]) in late November or early December, 2014. As far as I know, it was used solely for Cafe Bags, but maybe some accessories were made in it as well. Sorry, I haven't a clue what the name means.

Zest was released in 2015 as a limited-edition color along with Northwest Sky and Island. Unless TB decide to add it to the lineup of 200 d Halcyon colors, I believe it's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote for zest!

I can't believe today have heard about three totally unknown (tome) ex-colours - storm, light pink and curry! After so much forum reading and studying used bags for sale on eBay etc, I can't believe I've suddenly learnt of these. TB endlessly fascinating...

Forum Member
    San Antonio, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait wait wait--"light pink"?!!? Could a kind soul please post some evidence of this mythical rose? I had only ever heard of Azalea. I would LOVE to oogle it and any other pinks in our midst.

Forum Member
    San Antonio, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, sorry: I just realized this is supposed to be a thread about oranges. Sorry to talk pink here. W/r/t Orange 152, I actually have a Clear Pencil Organizer Pouch that arrived in Orange 152 in 2015. It is bright and pretty much a perfect pencil case color. I do not know the history of the name. Good question, @melonpan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zest seems to still be available/coming soon as a lining for the A30 & A45 (black ballistic exterior). In the order I received this week, I got two Zest OPs as bundles with my shop bags (OPs come as TB Crew choice).

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it's a reference to Pantone colour 152:

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I have attempted to copy the photo from Ravelry - which I assume is ok as although it is not my bag, I'm just posting a picture? (please remove if this is not right.)

It is apparently light pink, which was one of the colours that the swift was originally available in. I was amazed to see it. oranges-lightpinkswift-jpg

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that this is the Pink Ultrasuede version of the Swift. Don't quote me on that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    many many thanks all. aaaaah. such a relief to get questions answered and so quickly too.

that pink is lovely. i wish i could have grabbed something in it. im going to get a cafe bag in orange but still deciding on the size. and im going to be sure to grab what i can with black black halcyon and zest. id get everything in zest if i could.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Orange 152 is a very bright orange. By contrast, Burnt Orange is darker. A year ago, when Zest (Dyneema) debuted, @trailrunner asked if someone could post a picture showing Zest and Orange 152. I posted this picture:

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @trailrunner, This picture does not do justice to the color tones of Zest and Orange 152, but it's the only one I have available on my iPhone while I'm away on travel:

This is a Small Cafe Bag in Grey/Navy with an Orange 152 3D Organizer Cube and a Travel Tray in Zest. The NorthWest Sky Travel Stuff Sack in the upper left also goes really well with these colors.

I'm not particularly an Orange fan, but Zest, as another poster mentioned, is a color that grabs you. I also think that Orange 152 is very vivid used as an accessory. The one color combination that I think can surpass Orange 152 with the above SCB, in my mind, is my Azalea 3DOC and COW (or Double Organizer Pouch).

Oh, and Northwest Sky also looks great with subtly muted colors like the old Storm Cordura.

HTH

moriond
    Here's a better picture posted by @Proctor of Orange 152 (3D Clear Organizer Cube) and Burnt Orange (Daylight Briefcase) together with a Linen Medium Cafe bag in the frost:

There are any number of photos of Burnt Orange Cafe Bags (lots of pictures from @ceepee). Here's one such post

(Note: if you go to the parent links instead of just relying on the pictures I'm selecting to embed, you'll see many more examples of these colors in neighboring posts)

There aren't as many pictures of Orange 152. Here' a post by @helen_uk:

The terms "neon orange/traffic cone orange" used in the description are really apt -- this is a very bright orange.

I'm not sure how we got diverted onto the subject of Pink, but that was a Cordura Color that was introduced at the same time as Storm (blue) in 2008. You can read my explanation in this post. There used to be some old blog pictures of some organizer pouches in Pink that maverick posted (I think these contained eating utensils in a pen/pencil case?). Most of the links that I put in to old blog post pictures have gotten trashed as a result of the web site migrations, and the revisions that took out all blog posts before 2011. Even many of those early pictures got removed a few days before the site hosting migration in mid-March, so I don't know how to link them in now.

There also used to be a color called "Punch". Since most of my forum posts with linked images of punch have gotten wrecked with the site transition, I'll point you to @dorayme's ISO Punch Side Effect thread if you want to see this pink color.

HTH

moriond

Hope this gives you a sense of the color range, and perhaps those with bags of those colors will comment further (or you can read the parent linked posts and threads).

I personally find Orange 152 striking, but too bright (for me) in a bag. (Even though I'm not a big orange fan, I liked the small cafe bags in this color, but I'm restricting myself to using just the accessories in this color). Zest is a beautiful color for interiors (again, if you follow the first linked post for my picture and scroll through the pictures in the thread, you'll see many more pictures of Zest travel trays, etc.)

Mid-Atlantic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Zest.
    You may now return to your regular forum reading....
    Bring back Solar, pretty please? Wink BRIGHT interior colours make me happy! Smilie **Team SolarSitkaWasabiZest**

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love orange 152 for accessories, although I only have one. :-(

Another new colour!?! Punch is lovely too.