Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your EDC items?

not sure if theres a thread like this or not. if so by all means please post and direct me there. curious as to what everyone carries every single day, they don't leave the house without it.

if you'd like to post a list or post a picture with your bag and items even better!

i've seen threads similar to this on other forums...always interesting to see what people carry around. i tend to find 3-4 things i don't have/own that i end up getting. figure this might be helpful to others as well.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Side Effect carries: wallet, pocket pouch with loyalty cards, flashlight, whistle, toothpicks in case, phone, wipes, reading glasses, tissues, Sypderco Grasshopper knife, small swiss army knife, and a Kit of emergency/comfort items. That kit contains: Nail clippers, Needle and thread,
    Band aids/blister pad, Compass, Bobby pin, Tweezers, Safety pin, Dental floss, Ear plugs, Binder clip, Advil, Hydrocortisone, Pencil, Index card,
    Sea salt and pepper, Shout wipe

That's just the every day basics. There are more kits for various situations when I'm doing more than just around town errands.
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all of this generally goes in my trusty black imago, my faithful sidekick of the past five years

- PKW (phone, keys, wallet): iPhone / keys to my car, house, and work desk / mywalit zip id purse containing the standard wallet things (plus my wedding band, whenever it's not on my finger)
    - security badge for work

- small UV op with handle loop: gum, lip balm (custom pepperminty my.ecolips blend called "deez minty nutz" because I am apparently still 12 years old), a pair of ancient klipsch earbuds tucked into a this is ground cord taco, tiny business card-sized notepad, glasses cleaning acoutrements (alcohol tissues and a microfiber cloth), tiny pill baggie with my daily meds
    - mini kiwi q-kit: very excellent pocket knife, like 3 different kinds of antihistamines (allergies are a pain, man!), pain relievers, couple bandages
    - mini Nordic OP (my "oh sh&$" pouch): spare keys, albuterol inhaler, emergency cash & credit card
    - weird felt pencil case I bought last time I was in Canada, containing a 13 year old mechanical pencil & click eraser, some random pens and a highlighter
    - giant RX sunglasses in an equally giant hard case

- other especially boring stuff includes: tissues, a coozie from some weird cheese shop in SW Missouri that I stop by annually when visiting family, some stay home club patches that I haven't decided what to do with yet, assorted smattering of snacks (all that's left is a bag of dried apricots; I got hungry today), an xsmall moleskine weekly planner, tiny book of word search puzzles for killin' time, probably a metric ton of cat hair despite my best efforts to prevent being covered in it
    Last edited by capncat; 04-22-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Forum Member
    Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synapse 19:
    Zojirushi thermos for coffee, Sigg water bottle, Cache for Macbook Pro 13" (haven't been bringing my laptop lately), Macbook charger, iPhone ear buds w/mic, headphones/in ear monitors, Cliff bar, iPhone USB cable. Synapse has been a bit overkill for me lately since I haven't been lugging around my laptop.

On my person:
    Wallet, iPhone 6S, house/car keys, Fitbit one, watch, wedding ring, work RSA key fob

Forum Member
    Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Left front pocket: iPhone 6S
    Right front pocket: Keys (building, mailbox, apartment, car), Wallet (ATM card, credit card, drivers license, health insurance card, Disneyland annual pass, cash [sometimes])
    Left hand/wrist: Wedding ring (hand), Apple Watch Sport w/ navy leather loop (wrist)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love threads like this.

My EDC (usually in a Small Cafe Bag or Co-Pilot):
    Notebook w/2 pens in a Quiver
    Probably 3 other pens
    Organizer Wallet
    Clear Pouch with Advil, lens cloth, loyalty cards in a clamshell case
    Small Knitting Pouch with tools and ink cartridges
    Smartphone

I also wear a watch, wedding ring, and Misfit Ray every day. And my glasses, of course. If my bag is big enough (Co-Pilot), I usually carry a sock knitting project, as well.

Forum Member
    Huntsville, AL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Side Effect that goes with me everywhere no matter what other bag it may be inside of or whether I use it as a PLO.

Inside I carry:
    - wallet
    - keys
    - phone
    - inhaler
    - Phone charger
    - earbuds
    - mini measuring tape
    - mini pharmacy kit (for stuff like ibuprofen, cough drops, lip balm)
    - small mirror
    - a couple pens

I can't get over how much stuff that little bag can hold.

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On me:

Wallet (cash, cards, omamori (Japanese paper good luck charm), pen)
    Transport card
    Smartphone (personal)
    Smartphone (work)
    Watch

In a Pilot or Ristretto:

Newspaper and magazine
    Tablet + stylus + keyboard
    E-reader
    Notebook + pen
    Earphones
    Lip balm + tissues
    Business and loyalty cards
    Keys
    Folded up Large Shop Bag

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this on the Bat Belt when I leave the house.
    I have my iPhone in another holster on the other side.
    There are way too many keys on 2 or 3 rings in pocket and each ring has another light too!

Wallet and Levenger Exec. Pocket Briefcase in back pockets.
    Folding Knife in right Carhartt side pocket and often another big hairy light in the left one!

No Man Purse usually but not out of the question either?

Sent from my iPhone don't expect too much
    Last edited by AVService; 04-22-2016 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love seeing the diversity of answers on this sort of thread...

A book, usually poetry, and perhaps not consulted, but reassuring to know it is there; (Neruda's Cien Sonetos de Amor claims the spot today)

In a Freudian slip:

Assortment of fine point blue ink pens (in case, you know, four of the five fail me, there's always one more possibility... What can I say. Having something to write with is important to me)
    a pencil;
    Rhodia Reverse notebook;
    Clairefontaine basics journal;
    small OP of gridded index cards;
    Carmex;
    work phone;
    housekeys;

In bag somewhere:

Size 1 travel suffsack with wallet, mini OP with coins; pocket pouch of random cards
    Water bottle

On my person:

Phone

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is that a fenix flashlight, AV? funny you should post that...i never thought of carrying a flashlight until i saw a thread just like this one on reddit. those tac lights while the strobe feature is neat are just bright as can be. doesn't get much use but nice to have just in case.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zepfloyd View Post
    is that a fenix flashlight, AV? funny you should post that...i never thought of carrying a flashlight until i saw a thread just like this one on reddit. those tac lights while the strobe feature is neat are just bright as can be. doesn't get much use but nice to have just in case.
    Fenix E12 single AA in that pic along with an Eagletac D25C Clicky in CR123.

I actually carry 8 or so lights all the time,maybe a little crazy but I also just can not see enough to work anymore without significant light on the things being worked on!
    I am also in dark spots a lot inside racks and closets and crawl spaces and never want to be without light as needed so………

Yes I am out of control!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is great. It inspires me to be a little more MacGyver. I currently carry:

13" MBA in a TB Cache
    MBA and iPhone charger in TB Snake Charmer
    Klipsch X11i and S4i in other side of Snake Charmer
    Openil No.8 pocket knife
    Fenix E05 light
    Leatherman Style PS, 64GB flash drive, and keys on keyring

I'm trying to put together a small "comfort kit". Not a first aid kit per se, just some band aids, ibuprofen, allergy meds, etc. in the smallest possible form factor.

All of this currently resides in a High Sierra backpack.
    Last edited by imahawki; 04-22-2016 at 11:23 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keys and fitbit in front left pocket.Wallet and phone in front right pocket.
    I don't routinely carry anything else with me when I leave the house.

USA Midwest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh! I love how different everyone's EDC is!
    Here's mine!

On my Person:
    -Timex watch (will never die!)
    -Probably some clothes

S19!

R Pocket:
    -Iphone 6s
    -Keyring: Car, office and home keys, Leatherman Carabiner, Bug encased in plastic
    -Organizer pouch with earbuds

L Pocket:
    -Moleskine notebook
    -Space pen

Wallet Pocket
    -Wallet (Wooaaah)

Water Bottle Pocket:
    -Contigo 20oz Thermos
    -Mini Halcyon pouch: Lush solid perfume, White Monkey Holding Peach Balm

Bottom Pocket:
    -Kindle Paperwhite
    -Baby Baggu
    -Cachou Lajaunie
    -Naproxen Sodium

Main Compartment:
    -S19 FS: Laptop, Charger, Mouse, cables, paperwork
    -Size 3 Stuff Sack: Pyrex tupperwares with lunch, yogurt, spork
    S19 + DLBP + DLBC + SCB + TT

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    --Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast