Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Denver, CO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We'd be glad to make an appointment for you guys (and anyone else!) to come by on Mondays or Tuesdays: emailus@tombihn.com to make that happen. In general, we're at the factory 6:30am - 2:30pm. Exception: holidays, like the upcoming Monday of Memorial Day weekend (we won't be at the factory that day and the showroom won't be open).
    That's great news - I will definitely take you up on that! Thank you!

Forum Member
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the Mother ship, y'all!!! Darcy and Tom and the crew are so nice, and seeing the bags in real life has seriously changed up my wish list. It was also great fun talking bags and comparing collections with other TB fans. Then do like I did, and take your new Movable Feast to the Pike's Market and try it out.
    Last edited by vkigus; 05-14-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    Navy/Iberian: A30, A45, Swift, SE Linen/Navy: SCB Olive/Burnt Orange: SCB Navy: DLBP Coyote/Navy: MF Verde/Ultraviolet: SE

Washington State
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a great visit this morning! I picked up the Nordic DLBP I had ordered and found a few more goodies while there. The new Nordic halcyon is the most amazing and beautiful fabric I've ever seen! i will be eagerly awaiting announcements of more Nordic goodness becoming available! Smilie

Tom and the crew are just terrific. Everyone was kind and helpful and the cookies were delicious! I've been looking forward to my visit ever since the Saturday hours were announced and it was a treat, just as I had anticipated. Smilie It was neat to see the new showroom and space with the TB history items and photos on the wall. I enjoyed getting to see other Bihnions there finding their new treasures, too. Getting to see all the bags in person was terrific. Thank you, Tom and crew! Smilie
    Last edited by bubmum; 05-14-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Forum Member
    the Puget Sound Region
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trip to Seattle was well worth it today! Loved talking to Tom and other TB fans! Like others have mentioned, seeing the bags up close really put into perspective the bags actually look and feel like. I am already planning what to get down the line when funds and colors are more available. Added bonus: I think I converted my sister to be more of a TB fan. Wink

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you see Nordic and black halcyon -- tell us

more details needed, please.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vkigus, bubmum, mreh... I'm so glad you guys came by! Saturdays in the showroom are way fun. The only things I miss are the crew being here and the sound of the factory; maybe we'll put on some music for this Saturday (we're open again this Saturday, May 21st, from 10:00am - 2:00pm).
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Utah
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a typical rainy Seattle day (with you know what color sky) ... so, I dropped by the showroom.

I was one of the first to arrive and had a chance to meet and talk with Tom. Besides bags we talked about one of my favorite cities, Oaxaca, in southwestern Mexico. It is culturally rich, diverse city with wonderful people, food, architecture and traditions. I am always struck by the vivid colors used on the exterior of buildings and in artwork there and elsewhere in Mexico. The exterior of the showroom/factory is vaguely reminiscent.

Attached are a few photos of taken inside. As someone remarked previously, the showroom is very quite on Saturdays. I missed the hum of machines and happy, productive people that you hear during the work week.

And, if you ever wondered: Tom makes great cookies.

Seattle Showroom Open Two Saturdays in May!-p1050094-jpgSeattle Showroom Open Two Saturdays in May!-p1050083-2-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Seattle Showroom Open Two Saturdays in May!-p1050072-jpg  Seattle Showroom Open Two Saturdays in May!-p1050077-jpg  Seattle Showroom Open Two Saturdays in May!-p1050079-jpg  Seattle Showroom Open Two Saturdays in May!-p1050073-jpg  Seattle Showroom Open Two Saturdays in May!-p1050067-jpg  Seattle Showroom Open Two Saturdays in May!-p1050081-jpg 

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @Juanito for sharing your beautiful photos with us! Hope to also be able to visit one day...

It's very useful to see a size comparison of all the bags, too. I recently acquired a Daylight Backpack and am thinking about a Smart Alec. The photo really helped picture the size difference I think.

Eta:
    Gasp! I just now noticed that (if I'm not very much mistaken) one of my photos made it on the mirror "frame"! I feel honored Smilie . It's the photo of my Island large Shop Bag that was part of the "Your Photos Are Needed: Volume 4 (Summer Adventures)" blog post.
    It's near the top left corner in case you were wondering Wink .
    Last edited by Squirrel; 05-21-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Forum Member
    San Antonio, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to you, @Juanito, I'm drooling. It looks so bright and friendly! Also, I just added the address to my phone's map app, and will be calling to schedule an appointment for when we are in Seattle this summer, since it will be on a Monday and Tuesday.

Some people have Jerusalem, some have Mecca, some have Bethlehem, some have the Ganges, some have Lourdes, some have the Bodi Tree.... Ohio Avenue South, here we come!
    Last edited by doesntmakememadonna; 05-21-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Bethlehem, PA - USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Juanito, great photos! It looks so cheerful and colorful, and for those of us who are unlikely to ever get there in person, this is second best! Thanks for taking the time to post them.
    EDC: SK/SCB, Swift for knitting, DLBC for light carry days, shop bags
    TRAVEL: A45
    FAVORITE TB COLORS: indigo, kiwi, aubergine, verde, navy, zest dyneema, nordic dyneema, nordic halcyon, black halcyon, viridian, alphaviolet
    FAVORITE LINING COLORS: wasabi, northwest sky

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were we there at the same time? Were you looking at the MB? I went yesterday and spent my money, then came back today to spend a little more. I can now say that not only do I drink the TB kool aid, I eat the TB cookies, too. And Tom does make good cookies. I limited myself to one, but it wasn't easy.
    Got myself a bunch of pouches, a Nordic halcyon DLBP, another shop bag in fjord and and a few other small things. Looked long and hard at the SA and think that will be my next bag. I'm glad I got to go see the bags in person because now I know that some of them would never work for me and I don't even have to lust after them. I was tempted to get a black halcyon SE, but decided to hold off in case it's ever made with an island lining.
    Also had a nice chat with Tom and a couple other folks about the stickiness of the urethane on the clear items, and learned that the clarity is related to the stickiness. Less clear = less sticky. I told Tom about a modification I'm considering on the pockets of my new swift (sewing mesh over them, very carefully!). He came up with a sample of some old urethane they had that was not sticky, but semi opaque. Interesting stuff and I may try it out instead.
    All in all, a great visit and I highly recommend that everyone make the trek when in the area.
    Oh, and Mark was very helpful and patient with me on Friday. Thanks Mark!

Forum Member
    Utah
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnieSue View Post
    Were we there at the same time? Were you looking at the MB? I went yesterday and spent my money, then came back today to spend a little more. I can now say that not only do I drink the TB kool aid, I eat the TB cookies, too. And Tom does make good cookies. I limited myself to one, but it wasn't easy.
    Got myself a bunch of pouches, a Nordic halcyon DLBP, another shop bag in fjord and and a few other small things. Looked long and hard at the SA and think that will be my next bag. I'm glad I got to go see the bags in person because now I know that some of them would never work for me and I don't even have to lust after them. I was tempted to get a black halcyon SE, but decided to hold off in case it's ever made with an island lining.
    Also had a nice chat with Tom and a couple other folks about the stickiness of the urethane on the clear items, and learned that the clarity is related to the stickiness. Less clear = less sticky. I told Tom about a modification I'm considering on the pockets of my new swift (sewing mesh over them, very carefully!). He came up with a sample of some old urethane they had that was not sticky, but semi opaque. Interesting stuff and I may try it out instead.
    All in all, a great visit and I highly recommend that everyone make the trek when in the area.
    Oh, and Mark was very helpful and patient with me on Friday. Thanks Mark!
    Yes, 'twas me looking at the MB ... barely got out of there without it.

Forum Member
    Utah
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Eta:
    Gasp! I just now noticed that (if I'm not very much mistaken) one of my photos made it on the mirror "frame"! I feel honored Smilie . It's the photo of my Island large Shop Bag that was part of the "Your Photos Are Needed: Volume 4 (Summer Adventures)" blog post.
    It's near the top left corner in case you were wondering Wink .
    This makes me wish I had focused on the photos surrounding the mirror, rather than on the reflection of the bags.

North of the TB Mothership
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanito View Post
    It was a typical rainy Seattle day (with you know what color sky) ... so, I dropped by the showroom
    Hey- I saw that cookie photo being taken!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only who tried to magnify this photo as much as possible to see all the goodies and any new items being produced? What a great display of bags!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast