Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE MY NFTD!!!

Sorry to yell and for the short post but I haven't had time to do a proper review.

I used it as my personal item on an international flight and it was great. Next domestic flight (2nights, 2days,) I used it as my only luggage (carried with Pilot for briefcase).

It was so fantastic to travel so lightly. Just my handy NFTD and Pilot and I breezed through the airport! No one gives you a second look if you carry a paper tote bag as a 3rd carry-on like you purchased food in the airport (even if it's not!)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It so wonderful to see you so happy with your new TB Bag!

Looking forward to see your detailed review.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My NFTD has become my bag of choice for short trips as well. I am always amazed at how much I can fit in and how compact it packs. I like it so much that I just had to buy a Forest/UV ballistic NFTD to go with my Original Halycon/UV one.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just left the mothership a few hours ago and got to play with one. I was shocked at how much I liked it - it went from completely off my radar to a bag I was seriously considering for short trips. I can see it being a great companion to the Pilot or S19 during business travel.

Forum Member
    near SFO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy G View Post
    My NFTD has become my bag of choice for short trips as well. I am always amazed at how much I can fit in and how compact it packs. I like it so much that I just had to buy a Forest/UV ballistic NFTD to go with my Original Halycon/UV one.
    Can you comment on pros/cons of original halcyon vs forest ballistic?

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only comment I can make is that Forest/UV is GORGEOUS, but this is a bag that might benefit from a little more stretch. If I get one, it will likely be Halcyon.

San Pedro, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see some NFTD love. I love it for the very reasons you all have mentioned. It shocked me at how small it was when I first got it, but its like a tardis...it holds so much.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Can you comment on pros/cons of original halcyon vs forest ballistic?
    Most of my bags are original halcyon because I love the material. I found out about TB after forest was retired but it is my favorite color so I bought the NFTD as it was the only forest option available. I really like the flexibility of the halycon material in the smaller bags for access to the pockets and center section. It also hides dirt better. The ballistic holds it's shape better but access is more difficult, that may improve with use. I think the ballistic also provides more protection if you use the NFTD as a camera bag or for electronics, I mostly pack clothes and put my electronics in my S25. That being said, I use both depending on my mood when I pack.

Forum Member
    San Antonio, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this info and insight into the Night Flight is helpful since I don't feel like it gets a ton of love on the forums (aside from when it first debuted). It also seems to be one of the only (if not the only) of the new/newer bags that doesn't get a lot of new colors, including no NWS lining options, only steel. I found that interesting. Maybe I'll go for the Original Halcyon, since it might look cool on such a small bag. I might feel a leetle bit silly using an Aeronaut with a NFTD because it has that mini-me thing going on, but that's not a huge deal.

Thanks for the tidbits about your NFTD, @lenalvsTB, @kieri, @bradnd99, and @AmyG!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me among the happy NFTD users!
    I've got one in ballistic and I've found it is pretty pliable, and I haven't had any issues getting into any of the pockets, although the tab pull-thingies are helpful. I removed the padding from the center section as well, which gives a little more room and allows me to smoosh it a bit more. My only grumble with the bag is that there's no room for magazines, and I am a dedicated reader of trash magazines in flight, but maybe I could try rolling one under the top handle?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These photos (sorry for the poor quality) are from my last trip. I was test packing to see if there was any difference between the halycon and ballistic.
    I LOVE MY NFTD!!!-img_20160413_194821734-2-800x450-jpgI LOVE MY NFTD!!!-img_20160413_195213654-2-800x450-jpgI LOVE MY NFTD!!!-img_20160413_195324648-800x450-jpg

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its also a great bag if you have a family for the general 'stuff'. We tend to each have our own clothing bag when we go car camping or on short trips, but have one bag for books, art supplies, games, chargers, etc. This works really well for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doesntmakememadonna View Post
    I might feel a leetle bit silly using an Aeronaut with a NFTD because it has that mini-me thing going on, but that's not a huge deal.
    I never thought about that until you mentioned it-made me chuckle at the mini-me (Austin Powers) reference! My A45 is Nordic and my NFTD is navy, so they haven't seemed conspicuously visually similar to me (until now,haha). The NFTD is pretty darn cute or as Dr. Evil would say, "breathtaking."
    Last edited by threeteez; 05-06-2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: corrected character name from AP movie ;)