Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yeoman fans?

NoVA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeoman fans?

I have searched the inter webs and come up short on Yeoman reviews. I've also looked at our forum here and slim pickings.

Is it not a very popular item? Those of you that own it, any thoughts?
    Last edited by sose; 05-12-2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Yeoman product page is a link labeled REVIEWS which will take you to a long alphabetized list of links to reviews. There's one for the Yeoman.

I have one but haven't been able to get away since I bought it so I could use it and properly evaluate it.

NoVA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDel View Post
    On the Yeoman product page is a link labeled REVIEWS which will take you to a long alphabetized list of links to reviews. There's one for the Yeoman.

I have one but haven't been able to get away since I bought it so I could use it and properly evaluate it.
    Yes sir! But there's only one link to a review listed there plus maybe, one or two more I have found on my searches. Not a whole lot on them, for some reason. However, I haven't seen one up for sale on eBay either!

Looking forward to hear from yours when you do use it!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like mine. Don't need anything that big often. But the two times I did it was great to have.

MA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suspect there isn't much to review from a giant sack. There are no pockets, organization or other features to speak about (with the exception of the handles) so I would postulate that people don't feel inspired to review them. It's TB so you know what to expect quality wise.

Vermont
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a Yeoman since it was released and have used it several times. It holds a ton and I don't have to worry about anything happening to the ballistic exterior. It doesn't have any interior organization, so I use packing cubes to organize all of my stuff. I use my A45 for long weekend trips, but the Yeoman is my multi-day car camping bag.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one and have ordered a second as I find them perfect for car travel - our main way of going places. I have kids and the yeoman is our "stuff all the rest of the stuff in" bag. When we car-camp, it is the bag for blankets, sheets, pillows. Or towels, swimmers, hats, rashies (smaller items in packing cubes) as once we set up camp, these get put in easy to reach places. Or for sports equipment - cricket bat and stumps, football, tennis balls, etc.

I think the reason there are less comments is that it doesn't appeal for one-bag airplane travel which so many people are aiming for with Tom Bihn bags - and what I do when I fly. (Or for walkers obviously.) I will take it as a second bag when I next fly to the states as I know I will fly there one carryon only, but return with one checked bag full of goodies. These will go in the yeoman.

The second reason, as said above, it is just a BIG space to fill with not much to say about pockets, etc. It is beautifully made and well-designed but otherwise there is less to discuss then the other bags.

I bought it despite having a cheaper duffle bag already because I really like TB quality and feel like I'm making an investment in something that will last rather than cheaper items that need replacing more. I am striving to buy better quality, ethically produced items that I love rather than mountains of cheap rubbish. TB suits this philosophy and this philosophy means I get to feel good about my TB purchases. win-win!

I definitely recommend the yeoman if you do any car travel or for non-carry-on only flying.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one myself - has not been used YET. I bought it to use during those occasions when I need to check a bag. When I do, it is usually one way.

Like most folks said, not much to say about the Yeoman - it is one big hole. But it is handy when needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously this bag isn't intended to be carried as a backpack but for short jaunts do you think it could be carried as such by someone who is on the short side, 5 ft assuming it isn't packed too heavy?

Kansas City, MO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flips712 View Post
    Obviously this bag isn't intended to be carried as a backpack but for short jaunts do you think it could be carried as such by someone who is on the short side, 5 ft assuming it isn't packed too heavy?
    I just ordered a Yeoman with the intention of doing this. It's arriving tomorrow and I plan on test packing this weekend, so I will let you know if this is comfortable (I'm 5' 4").

NoVA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be getting one of these, for sure. I just wish they had added the "locking loop" type zippers. I don't know how to describe this better than to say that some zippers weave into a section were you can put a lock thru. This would be a cheap addition to the manufacturing costs but would allow the flexibility to lock your bag if and when you have to check it. I certainly like locking my bags when I check them.

Here's a pic for clarification:
    Yeoman fans?-lock-jpg

NoVA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brendabethman View Post
    I just ordered a Yeoman with the intention of doing this. It's arriving tomorrow and I plan on test packing this weekend, so I will let you know if this is comfortable (I'm 5' 4").
    If you end up not liking it and depending on the color, I would be happy to take it off your hands. Big Grin

Kansas City, MO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sose View Post
    If you end up not liking it and depending on the color, I would be happy to take it off your hands. Big Grin
    It's Aubergine, of course :-)

And I will let you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see photos of Yeoman Duffels. Especially in Verde!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @brendabethman

Perfect. Thank you! I'd love to see a photo of you wearing it as a backpack if possible.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast