Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting Pictures

Anyone have difficulty posting pictures on this site? Trying to post some pictures of my DLBP.

Forum Member
    Oklahoma but I'm a native Kansan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you posting from your phone, a photo hosting site or your computer? If you let us know, maybe someone can be of help.
    Attached Images Attached Images Posting Pictures-shop_bag_june24-jpg 
    Last edited by prairiegl; 05-15-2016 at 07:49 PM.

Forum Member
    Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to post from my computer.

Forum Member
    Oklahoma but I'm a native Kansan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a photo of one of my shop bags in the second post and it seemed to work. Are you using "insert image" and then "from computer" (rather than URL)?

Forum Member
    Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is URL ? Its a Jpeg image that I am trying to upload from my computer yet nothing happens.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @skipper

This is what I usually do to add an image to my posts (apologies if you are already doing this):

In this first image,
    1) Put your cursor at place you want your image to be in your post
    2) Click the "Insert Image" button at the top menu (the icon is a picture-framed tree, I believe)

************************************************** **************************
    Posting Pictures-posting-pictures0-png

When a window pops up,
    1) Make sure the "From Computer" tab is selected
    2) Click on the "Select Files" button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
    Another window will pop-up where you can navigate to the file you want and select it

Posting Pictures-posting-pictures1-png

When you have selected your file,
    Click on the "Upload File(s)" button to load it into your post

Posting Pictures-posting-pictures2-png

This should allow you to upload pictures. There is additional functionality (e.g. loading multiple pictures at one time, select from a website ("from URL") and moving the image to different parts of your post) but I won't confuse things right now.

Thanks to @prairiegl for suggesting to post this.
    @skipper, if this is not where you are having problems, let us know a bit more of where things go haywire and perhaps we can assist more.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 05-16-2016 at 09:51 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your advice. I tried this already yet it fails to upload the file/picture. Maybe its because the picture is to big ( 24MP)

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh .... yes I would agree that there is a max size limit to the attachments - I usually keep it to 1 or so MB at most (usually under 500k).
    Even if you could upload 24MP files, it could take a long time to upload on handheld devices using cell service!

Can you reduce the size? I am interested in your picture now just because you are working so hard to upload it - it would be interesting to see it just for that reason!

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Boulder Colorado
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you may want to crop/resize to 1024x768 or something under 500KB in size. 24 megapixel jpg is 12-14MB. Wayyy too big

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I take a roundabout way, but after I edit a photo in Photos (MBP), I then export the photo (it's at this step that I change the size of the photo to either medium or small) to the desktop. I don't store photos on the desktop permanently, so that's a convenient and easy place to select files for uploading.
    Thanks, tpnl, for the step by step how-to. I had some difficulty uploading files initially back when I joined the forum and that would have really made things clearer. We all do like to see the bags so photos are important!

Forum Member
    Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the help. I guess my files were to big. No problems after that. I posted the pics in the other forum under photos/video.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures of TB in Ireland!

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I am hijacking this thread somewhat, but I'm hoping someone can guide me as to how to fix this. I typically take photos with my iPhone and then email them to myself so I can upload them with my HP laptop. They appear oriented correctly when I do this, but when I upload them to the forums they appear upside down or sideways (basically any orientation than the correct one). When I view them on my iPad on the forum, though, they are oriented correctly. Is there a way I can edit them within the thread so that they are correct across all platforms?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I am hijacking this thread somewhat, but I'm hoping someone can guide me as to how to fix this. I typically take photos with my iPhone and then email them to myself so I can upload them with my HP laptop. They appear oriented correctly when I do this, but when I upload them to the forums they appear upside down or sideways (basically any orientation than the correct one). When I view them on my iPad on the forum, though, they are oriented correctly. Is there a way I can edit them within the thread so that they are correct across all platforms?
    Strange! We're stumped on this one so far, but continuing to research it. Stay tuned...
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    @Mausermama, this has happened to me before when I email photos and download to my laptop prior to uploading to the forum (I can generally tell on my email preview if they appear to be oriented incorrectly). The trick once downloaded that seems to work for me is to open the photo (which may appear to be oriented correctly but seems to remember its email orientation if I try to upload without changing), rotate to the side in my photo viewer and then back so it appears normal, then hit save. For whatever reason that seems to work on my Mac.

Just a suggestion!
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast