Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Forum Member sose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Share
    NoVA
    Posts
    118
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Cool new accessory for S25 owners

    Wanted to share a very useful accessory I stumbled upon for those S25 owners out there: The REI Shower Kit.

    Here's a link to the actual product: REI Shower Kit.


    Cool new accessory for S25 owners-img_0880-jpg

    Here's what it looks like in comparison to the S25.

    I saw this at my local REI and bought it because the size seemed to be incredibly versatile.

    I am using it to carry a few electronics related items such as batteries, cables, a large battery pack, small flashlight and a wall charger.

    Cool new accessory for S25 owners-img_0883-jpgCool new accessory for S25 owners-img_0884-jpg

    In addition to this new pouch, I am using an older Tumi pouch that holds my laptop's charger and a mouse.

    Cool new accessory for S25 owners-img_0882-jpg

    They both stack up real nicely and allow me to even fit a small item or two in the empty space on the bottom pocket of my S25.

    Just thought you all would find this useful - I know I did! It's a great setup!
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

  2. #2
    Forum Member lizziejean3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Share
    Montana
    Posts
    223
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that! Thanks for the heads-up.
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

  3. #3
    Forum Member polarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Share
    NY
    Posts
    67
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sose could you provide a pic of the REI thing inside the bottom pocket of the S25? (also do you play FO3/NV a lot?)
    Black/Northwest Sky Western Flyer

  4. #4
    Forum Member sose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Share
    NoVA
    Posts
    118
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by polarium View Post
    @sose could you provide a pic of the REI thing inside the bottom pocket of the S25? (also do you play FO3/NV a lot?)

    Man, I'm trying to get good pics but this is not a very photogenic angle.

    Cool new accessory for S25 owners-ss1-jpg
    Cool new accessory for S25 owners-ss2-jpg
    Cool new accessory for S25 owners-ss3-jpg

    And this last one is probably the best one. I am delineating with my hand the pouch's footprint within the pocket.

    Cool new accessory for S25 owners-ss4-jpg

    And yes, yes I did. Never played NV but absolutely spent tons of hours on FO3.
    Was playing FO4 until my daughter was born and now I don't have time.
    Good eye!
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

  5. #5
    Forum Member polarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Share
    NY
    Posts
    67
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sose the last picture is definitely the most helpful!

    Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    Black/Northwest Sky Western Flyer

  6. #6
    Forum Member sose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Share
    NoVA
    Posts
    118
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it helped!

    If I wasn't using my Tumi pouch for my charger and mouse, I could easily fit a second REI pouch in there with extra room to spare.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

  7. #7
    Forum Member flips712's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I ask what model/brand flashlight you're using? An Olight? This week has been dedicated to researching an EDC flashlight but there are WAY too many flashlights to choose from.

    I'm honestly only looking to buy a flashlight so I can justify buying a pocket pouch. Does it fit in the S25's pen/pencil slots? I'm curious to know how people like carrying their small flashlights in TB bags. I know a lot of them have knurling and I wasn't sure if it could pose a risk to the 200D interior halcyon.

    Cute REI pouch BTW.

  8. #8
    Forum Member sose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Share
    NoVA
    Posts
    118
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flips712 View Post
    May I ask what model/brand flashlight you're using? An Olight? This week has been dedicated to researching an EDC flashlight but there are WAY too many flashlights to choose from.

    I'm honestly only looking to buy a flashlight so I can justify buying a pocket pouch. Does it fit in the S25's pen/pencil slots? I'm curious to know how people like carrying their small flashlights in TB bags. I know a lot of them have knurling and I wasn't sure if it could pose a risk to the 200D interior halcyon.

    Cute REI pouch BTW.
    I usually carry two flashlights. On this trip I'm carrying a Mini LensLight (my absolute favorite torch of all time) and an Olight S1, which is the one you saw. That one is currently living inside the REI pouch.

    It does fit but only in the middle pen slot because it's wide. However, this Olight is short and unless you use the clip, it would sink down too low.

    The Olight S1 is incredibly bright for its size!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Share
    Colorado
    Posts
    32
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flips712 View Post
    May I ask what model/brand flashlight you're using? An Olight? This week has been dedicated to researching an EDC flashlight but there are WAY too many flashlights to choose from.

    I'm honestly only looking to buy a flashlight so I can justify buying a pocket pouch. Does it fit in the S25's pen/pencil slots? I'm curious to know how people like carrying their small flashlights in TB bags. I know a lot of them have knurling and I wasn't sure if it could pose a risk to the 200D interior halcyon.

    Cute REI pouch BTW.
    I carry a Fenix RC09 in my Synapse 25 EDC. I does use a special 16340 lithium ion rechargeable, but the magnetic charging cable serves double duty as a micro USB cable for other devices. It small, but not ridiculously so. 550 lumens in turbo, but good low brightness levels for common use (150/50/5 lumens). Strobe mode for security, and an intuitive switch lockout so it doesn't turn on in the bag.

    You can run it on a CR123A battery if your a belt and suspenders kind of person Cool new accessory for S25 owners


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,018
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drobinson View Post
    I carry a Fenix RC09 in my Synapse 25 EDC. I does use a special 16340 lithium ion rechargeable, but the magnetic charging cable serves double duty as a micro USB cable for other devices. It small, but not ridiculously so. 550 lumens in turbo, but good low brightness levels for common use (150/50/5 lumens). Strobe mode for security, and an intuitive switch lockout so it doesn't turn on in the bag.

    You can run it on a CR123A battery if your a belt and suspenders kind of person Cool new accessory for S25 owners



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "belt and suspenders kind of person"?

  11. #11
    Forum Member marytattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,731
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it's tiny you want, I just keep little ones from Amazon on my keys. they are strong for emergencies.

    Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Share
    Colorado
    Posts
    32
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    "belt and suspenders kind of person"?
    It's an expression, that means - redundancy. Get it, belt AND suspenders to hold up your pants. Redundant


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •