Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Bihn gear for sale on Huckberry?

I noticed a couple of new Tom Bihn accessories are for sale on Huckberry. Is this legit? I didn't know new Tom Bihn gear was sold anywhere not directly from Tom Bihn.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site REQUIRES that I create a login just to browse? That's like requiring me to sign up for a frequent shoppers card just to look at the merchandise. Even Costco doesn't force that (they will give you a day pass without having to sign up for a membership or even show your ID).

I was gonna go look, but I think I'll pass.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehh, @ Lani, I'm a member and all that's on offer is the Guide Pack side pockets. There is no shortage of eye-poppingly expensive sweatshirts, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    The site REQUIRES that I create a login just to browse? That's like requiring me to sign up for a frequent shoppers card just to look at the merchandise. Even Costco doesn't force that (they will give you a day pass without having to sign up for a membership or even show your ID).

I was gonna go look, but I think I'll pass.
    @Lani, A google search shows they had web pages for the Founder's Briefcase and the link to the Guide's Pack, both currently out of stock, but the Guide's Pack web page will show up the entries for the pockets that are in stock.

I won't create accounts for sites I don't intend to join, either, but I was trying to investigate this. I'm also curious about whether this might have been a place where only a few copies are stocked (e.g., maybe obtained from product reviewers, although I would personally consider that to be sleazy behavior, but @Badger says this is a legit site.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 06-03-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to see the products by doing a google search. If you hit the page directly, it'll prompt you to create an account, but you can click the "x" button in the top right hand corner and it'll let you though. I agree though, this is an annoying workflow that I've seen on a few other sites as well.

You can access the page directly here: https://huckberry.com/store/tom-bihn

@Badger is correct, there are only a couple of Guide's Pack side pockets at the moment.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks like a bit of a leak to me. It appears TB will now be sold on Huckberry but even though the pages aren't linked up on their site yet, the actual product pages are indeed public and have been already crawled by Google.

I like Huckberry, they always seem to have very thoughtfully curated products from various places... Focusing on USA made stuff. I made an account with them a while ago after giving into their walled garden :-P

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few years back, we offered a couple of bags through Huckberry. These look to be old pages (we don't have plans to sell through anyone else.) Smilie
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)