Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Ooh. Could I have your cut-off pull tabs? Stick Out Tongue (I am joking.)
    Ha, I guess, if you want. There were actually two reasons for cutting them off, they are cheap and it's not worth injury trying to pry them open with pliers and knives.

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ykang2375 View Post
    Ha, I guess, if you want. There were actually two reasons for cutting them off, they are cheap and it's not worth injury trying to pry them open with pliers and knives.
    Future fix - put them on backwards! Friction holds them plenty secure and you can swap out daily if you want.

Zamora - Spain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ykang2375 View Post
    They are really tough to take off once installed, why don't you just cut them off? A new package of zipper pulls is $5.
    Some of us live outside USA... A new package of zipper pulls will cost $5+$45 for me (I'm from Europe) so it's worth to try to reuse them Wink
    -- Travelling the world, slowly

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aremesal View Post
    Some of us live outside USA... A new package of zipper pulls will cost $5+$45 for me (I'm from Europe) so it's worth to try to reuse them Wink
    Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just made this video for people who want a safe and easy way to remove zipper pulls https://youtu.be/I-igZUj4xFM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used two pairs of pliers with the tips wrapped in Gorilla tape (to protect the plastic from the metal pliers), grabbed each plastic part with one set of pliers and pulled slowly until they separated. Not too hard. The small bit of plastic is easier to grab with some flat-nosed pliers than with needle nosed. The big part of the plastic is easy to grab with whichever kind.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I also use the thin metal item between the two plastic pieces to easily lever the pieces apart.

In both cases, I use the newer thicker and stiffer cord from TB. And I like the 'twisted' style of threading them though the zips.
    This is exactly how I do mine too. I've tried a few different ways and this is the best one to reduce pull metal-on-metal noise to almost zero I find.

As for removing as others have said, some pliers gripping the top and pulling the bottom away with your fingers seems to work well.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but if it helps anyone else, I discovered the box-cutter tool on a Gerber dime is perfect for this as well.

(Struggled for 15 minutes trying to remove them and was JUST about to cut them off, when I decided to give it one last shot with that tool. They popped right off, if you insert it in the seam at the bottom of the tab.)
    Last edited by Surrealle; 04-22-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2