Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse Security questions

Hi all, curious to get some feedback about your experiences with the Synapse 25 (any synapse for that matter) and security in crowds or traveling in busy, populated environments.

Obviously I know that I could very well pack my most essential and sensitive items deep within the main compartment to avoid grabby hands but, at the same time, it seems that the outside pockets are really the most relevant and useful features of the synapse and the main reason for buying the bag though it also seems that these pockets would be very easy to access if one were not completely vigilant at all times while walking through crowded market places or on busy city streets, especially in places where pick-pocketing and bag grabbing is more prevalent.

Any experience traveling with the bag that might inform this topic of discussion would be welcome. It really this issue alone that is holding me back from making a purchase. Also, Dear Tom Bihn. One little wallet sized pocket on the main bag interior would not have been missed.

Thanks in advance!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use those little S-Clips that Nite-Eyes sells and link the zippers together and to loops on the bag.
    Take a look at the loops when zippers are closed and you will understand what I mean.

Doesn't really lock them but you will be able feel anyone trying to get them apart too.
    Many of us have done this and there are pics here somewhere to show you too.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found AVService's thread a year or so ago and found it helpful. Instead of using the s binders I used the slide locking caribeaners instead. I don't worry about the bottom pocket.

https://www.rei.com/product/892372/n...ck-carabiner-4