Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolute Shoulder Strap

hey all,

quick story....yesterday at work my bag i carry for work strap, broke. thankfully i remembered i ordered the absolute shoulder strap along with my aeronaut 45 i ordered awhile back. i was able to swap...so tom bihn to the rescue!

anyways...i was thinking of ordering a few extra absolute shoulder straps...problem is i don't seem to see where i can order it individually. am i just missing it?

thanks

EDIT: nevermind...i found it. under shoulder straps...i was thinking it would just be listed individually. good stuff

EDIT 2: i may also post a review after i spend a few months with the strap to give a review. first day with it worked just fine. we'll see how it holds up
    Last edited by zepfloyd; 11-05-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be a dumb question but then those are my speciality and you have to focus on what you're good at:

Which way is the arc in the shoulder strap supposed to face? convex or concave to your noggin ... anybody know?

Forum Member
    Terra Firma
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The little Tom Bihn tag goes behind you if your over shoulder is the right, and cross body is the left. If you have it correctly positioned, it lays flat on your shoulder. If not, it sticks up on one side when not under load.

Forum Member
    Canberra, AU
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, if you search Amazon for 'Op/Tech', you may be able to save a few dollars.

A.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    Which way is the arc in the shoulder strap supposed to face? convex or concave to your noggin ... anybody know?
    Whichever way is most comfortable to you.

I find that it needs to curve around my neck if I'm wearing it cross body. But curved away from my neck if it's over my shoulder.

In other words, the curve always faces the same direction if the bag is hanging by my side.
    It doesn't matter if it's cross body or just over my shoulder, it's always in the same position.

However, I've also worn it "wrong" and it's still very comfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon sells the same straps for $23. Search for OPTECH SOS Strap. Unless you car for the TB branding, you should be happy with that strap.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOS_LAX View Post
    Amazon sells the same straps for $23. Search for OPTECH SOS Strap. Unless you car for the TB branding, you should be happy with that strap.
    There's a couple of differences between that version of the strap and ours. Our Absolute Shoulder Strap has double-coated heavy duty metal snaphooks made in USA especially for us and 1.5" / 38 mm nylon webbing (as opposed to polypropylene) that we chose to meet our standards for quality.

Of course, it's up to the individual to choose whether those differences are important to them; for us, those differences are important in terms of the usability, durability, and aesthetic of the strap, and that's why we've chosen to use these specific materials that increase the cost of the strap.

If you're happy with the SOS Strap as-is, it can also be ordered directly from OP/TECH USA. (They also make great camera straps!)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOS_LAX View Post
    You should be ordering the "curved" version of the strap. The snaphooks from Tom Bihn are a little different from the ones that comes from optech. You can order the 1.5 Here on the TB site

USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Of course, it's up to the individual to choose whether those differences are important to them; for us, those differences are important in terms of the usability, durability, and aesthetic of the strap, and that's why we've chosen to use these specific materials that increase the cost of the strap.
    FWIW, I tried their Mini version, and it was less impressive than I expected. I included that strap with a bag that I sold.