Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Montana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Large Cafe Bag Freudian Slip fit inside S25 Elastic Top Open Pocket?

Hi everyone! I'm traveling to Paris next month and am planning to use my S25. I'll need to bring some work items, like a couple of file folders, pens, etc and am looking at the Large Cafe Bag FS. Will that fit in the elastic top interior pocket? The only other thing I'll put int that pocket is my computer. Or should I get the S25 or S19 FS?

Any other suggestions are welcome too!

Thank you!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What size is your computer?

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Montana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    What size is your computer?

Cheers!
    It's a 12" MacBook.
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @lizziejean3,

Go and take a look at the photos on web page 5 in the thread on the cafe bag Freudian Slips used in other bags, then read my post at the end.

I'd have to try this with a borrowed 11" MacBook Air to see whether it would fit, but the Synapse pocket is going to be tight.

moriond

ETA: Do you have to put both the computer and the Freudian slip with papers in that elastic pocket? Offhand, I'd be more inclined to try the Freudian Slip for Maker's Bag/Swift, stick the computer in the elastic mesh pocket and the papers in the flat organizer pocket section. It's horizontal orientation, but would give support to the computer and papers even if you slid it into the Synapse vertically. There's a picture I posted in response to @harraya's request to pack a laptop into an Aeronaut 30 and tether it -- you can just fit in a 13" MacBook Air into the Maker's Bag Freudian Slip mesh pocket, but it would work better for a slightly smaller laptop. However, I'm not in a position where I can easily check this out or take pictures and am really tied up at work.
    Last edited by moriond; 11-22-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Montana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @lizziejean3,

Go and take a look at the photos on web page 5 in the thread on the cafe bag Freudian Slips used in other bags, then read my post at the end.

I'd have to try this with a borrowed 11" MacBook Air to see whether it would fit, but the Synapse pocket is going to be tight.

moriond
    Thank you! That helps a lot.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The picture of a 13" MacBook Air in a Maker's Bag Freudian Slip is in the Cache in Aeronaut 30? thread -- that size laptop is the absolutely largest size I would try to fit that way (in the picture you can't see the back of the Freudian Slip, because the laptop completely covers it). But this might work OK for the 12" MacBook and provide structure if you needed to move it into the main Synapse compartment.

A medium Cafe Bag FS or S19 FS would work for papers and other items -- medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip would require your letter size paper edges to extend an inch or so above the top, though. How adamant are you that both Freudian Slip and computer must both fit into the elastic pocket? This would work more easily if you were willing to put the Freudian Slip in the main compartment. Then, probably the S19 FS would be good (it makes better use of the vertical height of your Synapse than the Large Cafe Bag FS.)

A lot of the decisions about which FS is optimal depends on what other bags you might want to move it to.

HTH

moriond

Montana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    The picture of a 13" MacBook Air in a Maker's Bag Freudian Slip is in the Cache in Aeronaut 30? thread -- that size laptop is the absolutely largest size I would try to fit that way (in the picture you can't see the back of the Freudian Slip, because the laptop completely covers it). But this might work OK for the 12" MacBook and provide structure if you needed to move it into the main Synapse compartment.

A medium Cafe Bag FS or S19 FS would work for papers and other items -- medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip would require your letter size paper edges to extend an inch or so above the top, though. How adamant are you that both Freudian Slip and computer must both fit into the elastic pocket? This would work more easily if you were willing to put the Freudian Slip in the main compartment. Then, probably the S19 FS would be good (it makes better use of the vertical height of your Synapse than the Large Cafe Bag FS.)

A lot of the decisions about which FS is optimal depends on what other bags you might want to move it to.

HTH

moriond

Thank you again moriond!

I'm thinking the FS19 or 25 is the way to go. I love the organization possibilities. I work remotely from home, so being able to corral work folders, etc. and have them easily accessible is a must. The only other bag I'd move it to would be the DLPB. That's on my wishlist!

Now to not so patiently wait to order next Monday, after the new goodies are revealed!!! Smilie