Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Wish List

MA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    If you nudge that size up slightly to the 400-500cu range (say MCBish capacity) I'd be forced to buy one in pretty much every color. <3 <3 <3
    I may be able to be convinced. Really it's all in the footprint and how it carries. I love my MB but many days it just feels like too much and I have tried the CB series in all sizes and I just don't like carrying it.
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni_Jedi View Post
    I may be able to be convinced. Really it's all in the footprint and how it carries. I love my MB but many days it just feels like too much and I have tried the CB series in all sizes and I just don't like carrying it.
    Sometimes I even thing just adding compression straps on the sides of the MB would do the trick but then it wouldn't look as pretty. But, a half-size MB would be a magical magical thing.
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upon seeing the new releases having value to my one-bag packing system, loving the design of the leaf pouchkin for EDC/minimal 1st Aid carry, and thinking through my one bag pack out organization, I came to think of an idea I would find favorable for many people.

Blending of a leaf pouchkin + 3DOC W/ 3-D pocket flexibility of the S19/S25 I think it could achieve a lot. Imagine a 3DOC standing upright in front of you:

On one side, a long pocket on the outside, very slim, single zipper that doesn't intrude on the 3DOC main compartment, possibly mesh to allow air to breathe.
    .....Designed to hold at most a couple business cards, Band-Aids, or pen, or toothbrush, or folded paper, or maybe a 1 foot USB cable

On the opposite side, 2 top zippered pockets divided in the middle. In the spirit of how the S25 front pockets 3-D flex with limits, these pockets could be flat on the bottom to allow items to stand upright while giving way to the main compartment if the pocket is not used.
    .....Designed for standing upright bottles such as travel size Tylenol, Tide laundry stick, bar soap, lip balm, nail clippers, pocket knife, etc. Holding vertically and snuggly in confined space saves space I think.

In the center, the main compartment as the 3DOC is now and able to flex out to it's traditional size in the absence of outer pocket contents or minimally intruded upon my outer pockets.

My personal wish for this item would be the use into everywhere the 3DOC now fits (side pocket of my S25, etc), not have organizers filling organizers with no space left for things to organize (2 thin sheet of fabric is far less space consumed), and make my life more organized in a minimalist way.

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be great to have a second O-Ring in the Aeronaut 45 Packing Cube Backpack. Can't remember if I've posted that before .... but one on the side of the main compartment would be very useful. Smilie

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A30 PCPB in the new materials/colors!!

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Island looks so good with so many exterior options I am kinda hoping that the upcoming run of Smart Alec's has an Olive exterior with an Island interior. (crossing my fingers and wishing.)
    S19 & S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25 & GE S25/Coyote; S30/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/Island, SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA & SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Wasabi, MCB & MCB/Canyon.

MA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going back to my mini theme. A mini shop bag would be awesome. I might use it as a lunch bag, or for delicate fruits/veg at the farmers market, etc.
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the small shop bag to be too small, already. I got rid of all my small ones. I'd rebuy a couple of they came with zip tops.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni_Jedi View Post
    Going back to my mini theme. A mini shop bag would be awesome. I might use it as a lunch bag, or for delicate fruits/veg at the farmers market, etc.
    @Muni_Jedi,

Have you considered using the Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes in either the Mini or Small Size as a lunch bag or for buying delicate fruits/vegetables at the farmers' market?

I've shot a series of pictures in The New Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes thread, including post #2, which shows how you can use either of these sizes as a lunch bag.

What makes these super handy are the carrying handles combined with the depth of each packing cube. Two of the small size fit nicely into a Small Shop Bag (with room to put pouches inside the side pockets of the Shop Bag. I've taken to carrying around one of the Mini Yeoman Duffel Packing Cubes for stops in a farmers market for just the kind of purchases that you mention. (It easily fits in my Side Kick). They're also handy if you want quick protection from items getting wet in bags (including the Yeoman Duffels, if you happen to pack in wet swimming items among your carried materials).

I found that the take-home container for the left-over part of an enormous lunch salad exactly matched with another container where I put sliced peaches for lunch the next day. And this was great for holding a small bottle of chilled juice when I went to pick up someone arriving from London at the airport -- no sweating and the beverage stayed cold because I held it by the handles.

I'll have to add some more pictures to that thread about the Yeoman Duffel packing cubes. I bet they get picked up for lots of additional purposes beside being used with the Yeoman Duffels. And they obviously also work as general packing cubes in Duffel type bags or open style backpacks like the Smart Alec.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I find the small shop bag to be too small, already. I got rid of all my small ones. I'd rebuy a couple of they came with zip tops.
    I find that I use the Small Shop Bags as well as the Large ones. Apart from the fact that some usages are tailored to weight (like stacks of library books, which may better fit the small size), for grocery purposes I find that the side pockets are scaled to hold different size items. So, when I'm carrying half-gallons of milk, juice, etc. they exactly fit the Small Shop Bag pockets. And, if I want to double liter bottles, or hold a gallon container, they match the Large Shop Bag pockets.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-07-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    Nordic Halcyon / Ultraviolet is my swooning color combination. I dearly wish for a Side Kick in this colorway. An Aeronaut 30 would be appreciated in Nordic / Ultraviolet, too. The Nordic Maker's bag I use for music gigs looks great and every time I open it, the Ultraviolet makes me smile!

I'm also wondering how a Nordic Halcyon / Island combination looks. elisa

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just putting it out there, since 525 Ballistic with halcyon are coming, I bet Alphaviolet and Wasabi would be a very pretty combination.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still wishing for a convertible shoulder bag -> backpack; similar to Hero's Journey Top Pack. I would use it in a shoulder bag mode as personal item when carrying a bigger backpack while travelling to destination. Then, at destination the shoulder bag would look formal enough for meetings and conferences. It would be sufficiently large enough for an A4 notebook and papers but not overwhelmingly too big (co-pilot is too small). For occasions when laptop is required, there is already a Stowaway.

How often do we combine business meeting trips and conference trips with a bit of sightseeing and leisure activities? For me, it is very often; for example, I went to Geneva, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Stockholm and Prague. The same bag can then be used as backpack for exploring the area as it looks quite casual. Stowaway in backpack mode is too long (for a short person like me) and may not blend in the local scene as well.

P.S. Will be nice if the water bottle pocket is in the middle instead of on the side while in backpack mode. In shoulder bag mode, the thickness doesn't have to be as much as 7.5"; a 5.5" is sufficient for both modes of carry.
    Last edited by sharkh; 08-09-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since 525 Ballistic / Halcyon S25s are listed as In Production, I’m going to close my eyes very tightly, cross my fingers so hard they turn white, and wish really really hard for a Mars Red / Island S19 ��

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Since 525 Ballistic / Halcyon S25s are listed as In Production, Iím going to close my eyes very tightly, cross my fingers so hard they turn white, and wish really really hard for a Mars Red / Island S19 ��
    That would be gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love a synapse with 0 padding like the daylight backpack or a daylight backpack with a vertical water bottle pocket like the synapse.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast