Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Wish List

Forum Member
    Northwest Washington State
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrowndog View Post
    My Aeronaut 45 arrived today! Pretty excited. Navy exterior with Northwest Sky interior... just checked the site and it looks like this color combo is no longer listed in the "Available" or the "In Production" sections. Does this mean this color combo will no longer be made?
    Congratulations on your new bag!

I talked to customer service about the availability of a different product earlier this week, and she said, "Let me look at the production schedule...." My impression (and it only makes sense) was that they have a schedule of which products they're making next, and then after that, and so on. Since your bag just went out of stock, it seems reasonable that it just hasn't made it back into the queue yet, especially when there are a number other products and color combinations that have been out of stock for awhile.

Of course, I'm just making a guess, but it seems likely that the Navy and Northwest Sky A45 will find its way back into production at some point.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag available in the new ballistic colors. You'd likely need to come up with a new name for this bag, as the additional stiffness might make it a poor packing cube, but its exactly the stiffness I'm looking for. The PCSB in dyneema was just too floppy for me- and when I put homemade stiffeners (cut down thin plastic cutting boards) it was just rather awkward to carry. I'd love something that mostly held its shape but could be a bit flexible to hug around the hips when in crowds.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I'd love to see the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag available in the new ballistic colors. You'd likely need to come up with a new name for this bag, as the additional stiffness might make it a poor packing cube, but its exactly the stiffness I'm looking for. The PCSB in dyneema was just too floppy for me- and when I put homemade stiffeners (cut down thin plastic cutting boards) it was just rather awkward to carry. I'd love something that mostly held its shape but could be a bit flexible to hug around the hips when in crowds.

I really like this idea. Sometimes I want a horizontal bag but the Maker's bag is too large and the PCSB is too floppy (plus I'm not a huge Dyneema fan.) A PCSB in Cloud or Veridian would be the perfect solution for this.

I'm also still wishing for a Black/Veridian Small Cafe Bag. It's possible I may have a slight obsession with Veridian.........
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag available in the new ballistic colors. You'd likely need to come up with a new name for this bag, as the additional stiffness might make it a poor packing cube, but its exactly the stiffness I'm looking for.
    Perhaps Daylight Shoulder Bag? Yes, I'd like a few. The new colors would be great in the PCSB. I'm amazed at how much I use the PCSB. I have it in several Halcyon colors and seem to be finding more reasons to use it all the time. elisa

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps Daylight Shoulder Bag?
    That's a perfect name! We can round out the product line: a Daylight Backpack, a Daylight Briefcase and a Daylight Shoulder Bag. A Daylight for every type of carry. With stroller straps so it could be used on strollers or wheelchairs, then we have it all covered.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

MA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why I think a mini Makers Bag would be perfect. Something about the size of the PCSB but in the style of the MB. It could be made on what ever fabric and would be a perfect EDC.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the idea of a TS sized WF, but with a Pilot front instead of flat pockets.

I can never fit anything in those flat pockets or the water bottle pocket, but the Pilot front pockets are perfect.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makers Bag as camera bag - would love a secure contents option for the Makers bag to allow it to be used as a flight bag or camera bag. Even a drawstring foldaway cover would work if zippers are desired by the knitters.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a perfect name! We can round out the product line: a Daylight Backpack, a Daylight Briefcase and a Daylight Shoulder Bag. A Daylight for every type of carry. With stroller straps so it could be used on strollers or wheelchairs, then we have it all covered.
    The Daylight Briefcase makes a perfect Daylight Shoulder Bag. For people who want something with a little bit more width, but not as wide as the MB, there maybe a niche for another bag.

I find that the TB Shoulder Bags lineup is very extensive and pretty much complete with the MB, MCB, SCB, Daylight Briefcase, SK and SE.

For some, the Co-Pilot can also be a shoulder bag, especially in Halcyon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish Monarch was still available - it was such a pretty colour.
    On a recent holiday, I discovered how useful the PCSB was . . . lightweight & colourful.

My husband wants on of these PCSBs for his washbag . . . but he's not having my wasabi one!

Please bring back monarch and other new bright colours in Halcyon.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to have an XL Yeoman Duffel. There are times when I need to lug around bulky, lightweight things. I have the original (large) size Yeoman Duffle, and I greatly appreciate that it has no unnecessary pockets, zippers, or partitions. An extra-large Yeoman Duffel would be perfect for reducing the number of loads I need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see a medium sized (perhaps around 15-20L) drawstring/sailor bag with a rope or one strap type carry in Dyneema. I think it could make a good day bag during trips and a gym bag.

Forum Member
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dream: an extra large shop bag in 525d ballistic, with a zippered top, shoulder strap attachment points and perhaps another pocket or two.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ability to order a product in whatever material & color/color combination you want (as long as the materials are physically available). Maybe it costs more, and maybe you have to wait longer, but it'll get made. Also maybe to cut production costs there's a queue that you get put into when you "purchase" and once that queue makes it to a certain number of people requesting that product and color combination/fabric it gets put on the production schedule and made. Those in the queue are then emailed when ready to ship. There would probably need to be an all sales final since it's a limited production run/special order. I think the online store runs on Shopify. Some major customizations would need to take place on the web dev side, but it would be nice if something like this was a possibility anyway.

Also Q-Kits you can see through. I know that these are usually made from leftover fabric. Maybe there's some clear material around as well? Be nice for a minimalistic toiletry/3-1-1 container, and the small one fits in the S19 side pockets perfectly.

Forum Member
    Stuttgart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things: 1) A messenger/briefcase with the option to convert to a backpack in the realm of 15-20 liter range. 2) An Empire Builder without the large clip strap in the front.

I took a look at the existing bags and there is a dearth of options in the 13-22 liter sizing (excluding Daylight of course). The majority of laptop bags max out at 13.5 liters and the next largest bag in the laptop/briefcase world seems to be the Empire Builder at 22 liters.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast