Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

volume in liters of shop bags?

hi, ran a quick search but couldnt find this information. does anyone off hand know the volume in liters of the two shop bags?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melonpan View Post
    hi, ran a quick search but couldnt find this information. does anyone off hand know the volume in liters of the two shop bags?
    I find it's better to ask what you want this to hold, because the shop bags are open. Take a look at the pictures on the Large Shop Bag thread, and note that in the picture I included of the @dorayme's Large Shop Bag under the seat for her airplane travel that she was able to put her filled Swift (15.5 Liters?) into a large shop bag, and carry other items between the sides of the Swift and the Large Shop Bag.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Another good comparison image is given in @Ilkyway's posted picture comparing Shop Bags and different sized Swifts/Little Swifts:

Here a bit size comparision between Shop Bags and Swifts. Will take a picture of the SA with the SSB where I had the Little Swift. But I have to confess: for now I switched the LS out for a Dyneema Mediom Cafe Bag. As the Shop Bag the Dyneema SCB is bendy enough to work good.
    Last edited by moriond; 12-14-2016 at 02:54 PM.

England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The small shop bags can hold 2-pint jugs of milk in their side pockets; the large shop bag can hold the 4-pint milk jugs in their side pockets. (I think the 2-pint is about a litre and the 4-pint is close to 2-litre.) That still leaves a lot of room in the central portion of the bags.
    I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
    The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kshni View Post
    The small shop bags can hold 2-pint jugs of milk in their side pockets; the large shop bag can hold the 4-pint milk jugs in their side pockets. (I think the 2-pint is about a litre and the 4-pint is close to 2-litre.) That still leaves a lot of room in the central portion of the bags.
    @Kshni has given another good way to gauge how you might choose Shop Bag sizes according to what size bottles or cartons for beverages you might carry in the side pockets. Just a reminder that you can also turn your shop bags inside out, if you want the contents of the outer pockets to bulge outwards, leaving more room for other items in the "center". For example:

This is one of @monkeylady's pictures that I excerpted for a post in the old Now I understand Shop Bag love thread. You can see that she has turned her Small Ultraviolet Shop Bag inside out to better carry the 8 pots of culinary herbs in her bicycle basket. At the very front of the picture, one such pot of herbs is bulging outwards (towards the viewer). The top of the herbs from another such pot may be seen just poking up over the top black tape of the Shop Bag at the rear of the bicycle basket, where it, too, sits in a side pocket that is bulging away from the viewer.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 12-17-2016 at 01:29 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you!!