Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small (the bigger) Q kit

What do you put in your small Q kit, or what do you use the small Q kit for? Please share!

I have a mini and I wonder if I will need to use the small Q kit...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the small for my video camera, it fits like it was designed for it. I also use one for individual packets of sunscreen, bug repellent, hand sanitizer, etc. and it is always ready to throw in my travel bag or backpack for hiking. I have several minis and use them for change, lip balm, earbuds, etc. I really love the q kits and they fit perfectly in the side pockets of my S25.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Small (the bigger) Q kit

@Chill,
    Have you looked at @taminca's Uses of the Q-Kitthread? The beginning section covers the mini, and the later section has suggestions for the Small.

You can also carry an external battery or a small headset in these. And there's a video of how to fold a small shop bag into the Small Q-Kit among the hacks.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 12-24-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the small Q-kit for my iPhone charger and my electric toothbrush charger. They are both small, and the snake charmer is just too much for those 2 little chargers.

I also bought a size 1 stuff sack for the same purpose, but the Q-kit lets me tether it with a key strap so I can slide the Q-kit into a weird empty spot in my Doggienaut and not worry about it migrating, because I could always tug on the keystrap to find it again. I suppose I could attach the keystrap to the draw cords of the stuff sack, but the Q-kit fit better in the weird empty spot I had in my bag.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 12-24-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The q kit also has more structure over the sacks which seems to work better for corralling my bits and bobs.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have several Q kits: one has an immersion heater and tea bags for travel, one has a bunch of emergency items for hiking, one has a personal cutlery/picnic kit.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

North of the TB Mothership
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep various emergency supplies in one depending on what I am doing: flashlight, compass, whistle, mirror, nut butter pouch, Emergen-C pouch, neosporin, band-aid, moleskin (blister patches), allergy and pain meds, hand sanitizer, tissues. I generally toss it in my bag for day hikes or overnight business trips.

England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small Q-kits:
    * daily toiletries (lip balm, tiny mirror, tooth floss, facial tissue)
    * cigarette lighter-USB adaptor, power cable and plug (British plugs are enormous monsters) for my phone

Mini Q-kits:
    * head torch
    * sewing kit
    * coin purse (Britain loves its coins)
    I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
    The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry an enormous pashmina and Angelrox Opera Gloves in my small Q-Kit.

Mini Q-Kits in my house keep getting snagged by loved ones, never to be seen again, but I used to keep a stash of Gin-Gins in them.