Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Snake Charmer for bottom of Synapse 19?

Hey everyone,

I'm currently using one of my many American Airlines business class amenity kit containers in the bottom of my S19, and it works pretty well actually. The dimensions are about right. It's about 8x4x3 inches.

But of course I'd like something Bihn, and better. :-) Something that uses the space better and/or has better organization within.

Small Snake Charmer interests me as it has the two pockets for organization and looks like it can be stuffed. Mainly I keep cables and various adapters, etc in there. I'm interested to know if anyone is using a Small Snake Charmer with Synapse 19? Is there a better choice?

Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Small Snake Charmer works very well in the bottom pocket of the S19. If you don't have a ton of adapters and stuff to carry, you could also use a 3D Organizer Cube. This would not take up the entire front pocket, so you would have room for a size 1 Travel Stuff Sack or some other smallish object. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To add to @Badger's comment, the nice thing about using the Small Snake Charmer in the bottom pocket of the S19, is that if you do not fill it up, it can basically collapse down into the space of a 3D Organizer Cube, which was typically my accessory of choice for the S19 bottom pocket before the Small Snake Charmer was released. The 3DOCs are still great for moving contents to different bags and accessories, and are a great fit to pockets in Co-Pilots, Pilots, etc., but if you need more room to store cables and adapters, the Small Snake Charmer is similar to having 2 of these 3DOCs in profile back to back, with a triangle hook at one end that you can tether to an O-ring.

I never used the original Snake Charmer to carry cables, even in the bottom pocket of the Synapse 25, where it fit nicely, because it was so large, but the Small Snake Charmer is a handy size for me and, especially in Fjord Halcyon, which I love, is very collapsible. The other end of the Small Snake Charmer opposite from the triangle clip has webbing that you could loop over a door handle, for example, to suspend the accessory vertically.

HTH.

moriond

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    The Small Snake Charmer works very well in the bottom pocket of the S19. If you don't have a ton of adapters and stuff to carry, you could also use a 3D Organizer Cube. This would not take up the entire front pocket, so you would have room for a size 1 Travel Stuff Sack or some other smallish object. Hope this helps!

That's a huge help Badger - thanks very much! The bottom pocket is mainly going to be various USB cables, power adapters, HDMI cables, things like that. I like the idea of having the two pockets to keep some things separated rather than having them piled in one container. So a small snake charmer might just work.Glad to know it fits nicely.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic detail moriand. I feel great knowing about the "collapsability" of the small snake charmer. Super cool about the triangle clip. I think I'm sold. Now to decide on a color...

Really nice having people to talk to about organizing stuff in this level of detail. :-)

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessender View Post
    Fantastic detail moriand. I feel great knowing about the "collapsability" of the small snake charmer. Super cool about the triangle clip. I think I'm sold. Now to decide on a color...

Really nice having people to talk to about organizing stuff in this level of detail. :-)
    If you like blues, I'll second @moriond's love for Fjord. It's gorgeous. I was never attracted to the larger Snake Charmer, but when they came out with the small, and made it available in Fjord, I decided to give it a shot. So glad I did.