Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Spain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orange Paracord Zipper Pulls

Hi,

I would like to update my Synapse with Orange Paracord Zipper Pulls and I would like to know if someone can help me with the diameter of the current Tom Bihn cord Zipper Pulls for select the correct measures. I think the 550 paracord is a little thick (4mm), may be the 425 paracord (3mm) would be the correct size?. I'm attaching a site for check Paracord types: Paracord Planet | FREE Same Day Shipping - Paracord, Hardware & Accessories

Thanks

Southern California
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Paracord Zipper Pulls-screen-shot-2016-12-31-9-49-45-pm-png

Hi AFG, wish I could be more help but the only insight I can give you on this is to tell you the top cord is 550 paracord. The bottom is what TB provides for zipper pulls. Not sure if that helps choose a size since 550 paracord is the only thickness I own I can't give you an exact answer of what to buy.

Northern California
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought some 3mm cord, it is a little larger than the cord that comes with Tom Bihn bags, but it worked fine using the plastic holders, When I burned the ends of the cord I flattened the ends to make them fit better in the plastic holders, but 3mm was fine.

Here is the cord I used

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG View Post
    Hi,

I would like to update my Synapse with Orange Paracord Zipper Pulls and I would like to know if someone can help me with the diameter of the current Tom Bihn cord Zipper Pulls for select the correct measures. I think the 550 paracord is a little thick (4mm), may be the 425 paracord (3mm) would be the correct size?. I'm attaching a site for check Paracord types: Paracord Planet | FREE Same Day Shipping - Paracord, Hardware & Accessories

Thanks
    I've used gutted 550 cord pulls (with shrink tubing) - slid in no problem. Couldn't get the 550 to fit otherwise.

Spain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all your comments are very helpful!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFG, did you use something other than 550 for your zipper pulls? I'm looking at the 425 (3mm) and 325 (2mm) on Paracord Planet. Curious to hear how yours turned out, if you're still following this thread.

MA USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you trying to is the TB cord ends?

I use Paracord myself as I like the heft and hand feel. I have done this on my DLBP and​ SK with no problems.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use a thick 550, try pulling out 3 to 4 of the internal strands. That coupled with burning and flattening the ends worked well for me. It's still a tight fit, but feels really solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I'm not planning to use the TB cord ends.

I sent a message to an online paracord retailer and they recommended the 425.

kioneo, I do have some old 550 to experiment with. Thanks for the tip!

South Carolina, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple years ago I purchased 550 neon orange reflective paracord from Paracord Planet to use as zipper pulls on my A45 and Night Flight. Here's a pic of the ties on my A45.
    Aeronaut 45 & Night Flight TD - Aubergine / Wasabi
    Small Cafe Bag - Burnt Orange