Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my first 2 bags (Aeronaut 45 and Ristretto) - customer service is awesome

Just got my first two bags. Purchased the Aeronaut 45 which worked fantastic as a single bag solution in the overheads (regional commuters). I also got a ristretto. I did have a small issue on my ristretto where the stitching on the back side of the bag had a broken thread. I noticed it after my first flight (12 hours after receiving it). I called from the airport and Customer Service put in an exchange for it no questions asked. Sending it to my house and a return label (paid) for the return item. Not crazy but it was 100% painless and exactly what I was hoping from a company such as this.

The two bags work well together and managed to pack for 2 weeks worth of stuff in the combination of these 2 bags. I'm impressed so far as was my wife. As a result, we're buying another Aeronaut 45 when they finish the production run for the burnt orange! ...looking at more bags, I think I have a problem if addiction is a problem.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first TB bag was a Synapse 25. Since then I have purchased an Aeronaut 45, Pilot, Co-pilot, Large Cafe Bag and Medium Cafe Bag. The addiction is real Enjoy your new purchases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Synapse 25 Black/Wasabi Cordova, Pilot Navy/Northwest Sky Ballistic Nylon, Co-Pilot Black/Wasabi Halcyon, Aeronaut 45 Black/Wasabi Ballistic Nylon

Houston, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The addiction is definitely real.
    “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Forum Member
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be clear, the A45 fits in the overhead of a regional jet? I have an A30 and have resisted going bigger because (a) the 30 is usually enough, and (b) I was worried the 45 wouldn't fit in the overheads of some of the planes I fly on...

Thanks in advance, and good luck with your new addiction.

Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Nebulous Gray/Northwest Sky) daily carry, Original, First-Run Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) knock-around, weekend use

Special Teams/On the Bench: Daylight Briefcase (Grey), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Wasabi), Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi), Pilot (Black/Northwest Sky), Synapse 19 (Black/Iberian), Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Original Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), Ristretto (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (French Blue/Steel)

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ScottE22 - In small planes I can put the A45 lengthwise in the overhead bin, instead of how I would normally stow it with one end pocket toward the opening. Perhaps it takes up more than my allotted space that way... since several of the wheeled bags people brought on were too thick to fit in the bins, there was plenty of space overhead last time I flew.

Forum Member
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_atx View Post
    @ScottE22 - In small planes I can put the A45 lengthwise in the overhead bin, instead of how I would normally stow it with one end pocket toward the opening.
    Interesting. That's how I usually put the A30 in the bin. I'm flying Tuesday on a small jet so I'm going to look more closely...

Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Nebulous Gray/Northwest Sky) daily carry, Original, First-Run Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) knock-around, weekend use

Special Teams/On the Bench: Daylight Briefcase (Grey), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Wasabi), Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi), Pilot (Black/Northwest Sky), Synapse 19 (Black/Iberian), Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Original Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), Ristretto (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (French Blue/Steel)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I flew on an Embraer 175 when I was in the US a couple of weeks ago and that was a small plane of around 50 seats. I had my A45 packed pretty full and stowed it lengthways. No problem, plenty of room. I've never seen bins smaller than on that plane.

PS great choices JDkenewell. They were my first 2 Bihn bags too. If ever you find the Ristretto too small, checkout the Pilot. I find I use the Pilot 99% of the time now due to the extra space and organisation of the bag, but I'll always have a soft spot for my first TB bag
    Last edited by makak; 01-10-2017 at 03:16 AM.

Forum Member
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by makak View Post
    I flew on an Embraer 175 when I was in the US a couple of weeks ago and that was a small plane of around 50 seats. I had my A45 packed pretty full and stowed it lengthways. No problem, plenty of room. I've never seen bins smaller than on that plane.
    I agree! That's what I flew this week and the A30 fit perfectly.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have flown on the regionals and it fit so far no issue. These are regionals like the Canadair CRJ700...
    I think i also got it to fit in a prop plane to Philly as well (thinking DHC-8 possibly?). The Aeronaut is not much larger than the 30. It's can be tight fit but it goes into the overheads like a glove - just have to tuck the straps and plastic clips in once you push it in.

Canadair Regional Jet CRJ700 (CR7) : Delta Air Lines

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott - same deal - lengthwise. Fits - works well. I actually fly out tomorrow and I'll try to snap a picture with my A45 in the overhead.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay took a pic of A45 in overhead on a E170 regional out of Detroit this morning...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my first 2 bags (Aeronaut 45 and Ristretto) - customer service is awesome-img_0455-jpg

Try to post this again. Having issues via cell phone.
    Last edited by moriond; 01-23-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pending moderator approval apparently.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdkenewell View Post
    Pending moderator approval apparently.
    @Jdkenewell, Just a comment: photo uploads should go up in posts whether or not a post is up for moderation, but if for some reason there's an issue -- usually having to do with temporary tokens expiring before posts are completed, which can happen if you take a very long time to complete composing a post, or sometimes if there are network connectivity issues -- the uploaded attachment exists only as a temporary link. Forum members will see this as a link with a name like "Attachment xxxx" that they can click on to view the upload rather than an embedded picture, but the link will only work for something like an hour after the image was uploaded. If a moderator catches this before the temporary link expires, they can download the image, edit your post, and then re-upload the attachment again, which is what I did.

Temporary links to uploaded images usually only happen when there are timeouts because of complex editing/composing, or connection issues, or sometimes because the name of the parent thread has odd non-alphanumeric characters. Images that upload correctly should have corresponding thumbnails that show up when you view the Attachment Gallery section of the forums.

HTH

moriond

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!
    For whatever reason I kept clicking upload and it would just go away. No link or anything at the time. I finally went with a Photobucket version to try to work around it. It definitely could have been my cell connection as I tried to upload from the plane while waiting to close the door. Appreciate the help!!

For the others that were curious on fit, I also managed to fit my A45 bag (not stuffed but a week worth of clothes) in a CRJ200 overhead which is not very big at all but slid in like it was made for it.
    These bags rock!!!!!