Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    North Queensland, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishes GRANTED in 2016

Granted Wishes

In the gratitude-expressing spirit of the new year, I feel happy to realise that in 2016 Tom Bihn fulfilled a couple of my TB wishes when it:

- developed Black Halcyon, which may just be the ultimate exterior fabric for me;

- introduced Island as a regular interior Halcyon colour, and started offering it as a lining in a couple of bags that interest me;

- produced Upper and Lower Modular Pockets in Original Halcyon for my 'OH' Smart Alec;

- produced the Side Effect in my dream combination, Black Halcyon with an Ultraviolet lining; and

- introduced the smaller Snake Charmer.

What about your wishes in 2016?

Other TB Things for Which I'm Grateful

- That Tom Bihn is a company that, as I understand it, strives to be an ethical employer and producer, and also a good corporate citizen by giving back to the broader community.

- The participatory elements of the Forum, including the majority-voting process for the new interior Halcyon colour and the interactive hints in the prelude to the Hero's journey launch.

- Some great posts by members of the Forum. A couple that spring to mind are the 'How Many ...' games and some stunning photo travelogues, including those by Mr Brown and NWHikergal (and others!).

- The wonderful quality of TB gear that also comes with a lifetime guarantee, TB's fabulously responsive and personal customer service, and the way that the company fosters connections between all staff and its customers.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wished for a bigger more organized SE, and the SK is just perfect. I'm hoping for more color combinations in the future. And maybe, maybe just a half inch longer (to hold a folded 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper).

I wished for a smaller TT, and then I decided I liked the bigger one better. I have to be careful what I wish for. I think my perfect TT would be halfway between the small and large.

I wished for a smaller Snake Charmer, too. Love the new sizes.

And I'm grateful for the amazing quality of workmanship from the sewers and designers, and the amazing quality of TB's customer support.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wished for the return of Sitka, and loaded up on emerald goodies during the debut in November.

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The development of the Side Kick was my wish/request come true from Tom Bihn for 2016. I'd wanted a Side Effect that was stretched to fit an iPad Mini, while still having enough space to carry other things. The Side Kick is it.

Now that I've carried a loaded Side Kick I also understand why the strap had to be wider. Between the extra capacity of the side Kick and the density of my EDC items my regular load-out is over 2.5 kg (about 5.5 pounds). Deciding whether that's a touch heavy is a problem I'm totally okay with having.