Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    Nope. You are not alone. But I don't go around without a copy of it folded into a small ziplock bag.
    Good idea; I'll start doing that. You just never know.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The post regarding a runners belt caught my eye and reminded me for two products that might work that clip onto the waistband. One is called the RooSport and the other RunningBuddy. Slightly different designs of the same thing but are close to you and should fit a passport. I've tried both (albeit for running) and might work for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't carry my passport while out and about. I used to when first travelling, when I wore a money belt, but now generally keep it in my bag.

I think it is more likely that my daytime carry bag - usually a MCB while travelling - will get grabbed then that my whole aeronaut will get stolen from wherever I'm staying. It is also partly laziness as I used to have to carry 3 passports when travelling depending where I was going as many countries (like US) require you to have your national passport when entering. And partly that I think there are risks with having it in either place so better to take reasonable precautions but not worry too much.

Forum Member
    Colorado
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I now use a S25 as my EDC and travel 50 weeks a year. I originally went the Passport Holder clipped into the top of the S25 main compartment with a key strap threaded through the cache rail clip webbing. It just became to much of a pain to access when in airports. So now I use the small outside pocket when in secure locations, and a inside the waistband pouch when out and about in questionable territory.

FWIW, I really wanted to love the TB passport holder, but it takes two hands to open and when inside the main compartment the whole access procedure was just to cumbersome.

Forum Member
    Bangalore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second all the discussions particularly around passport safety. My inlaws had their passports stolen in the Boston airport. They had to go through unavoidable pains to get their papers to leave the country from the Indian Consulate. I travel extensively in Asia. I am paranoid about my passport and carry it on my person all the time. If you can take care of your passport, credit cards and cash while traveling you are in a good place.

I have had my side effect opened by a lady thief in Madrid. Thankfully I realized the zip opening. Fortunately all valuables were in my pocket. Better safe than sorry.

The other thing about passport is that it is used for identification. Having it on your person helps. I have had a friend of mine who forgot all his passports in a hotel in Los Angeles and set off for the airport to go to India. Missed his flight.

Forum Member
    Colorado
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could You Store Your Passport Here???

Another thought. A long time ago I received some sage advice about traveling. Never get physically separated from your passport, your ticket home, and 1 credit card.

I don't stress about the plane ticket anymore in these modern times, but you will never find me leaving my passport and a credit card behind anywhere.

Last edited by drobinson; 02-19-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Am I the only one who NEVER carries his/her passport while out and about traveling overseas? I always leave my passport in the hotel safe and only carry my CA drivers license and my Peruvian government-issued ID as forms of identification.
    I leave mine in the hotel room/safe as well. I probably should carry a photocopy of it when I'm out, but I comfort myself knowing that I have a scanned copy in my phone and a powerbank in my backpack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2