Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could You Store Your Passport Here???

Ok, so I will soon carry an S25 on my next overseas trip. I had originally planned on buying a Freudian Slip for the express purpose of putting my passport in the zipper pocket. However, after thinking about it I realized that all of the other places on the FS I might not use. So, I am looking for another option. (To date I have never actually beheld a S25). I was thinking, would buying a small organizer pouch and a keystrap be an adequate replacement? I could attach the pouch to an o-ring and have it lie in the bottom of the pack.

But I am open to other suggestions as well.
    S19 & S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25 & GE S25/Coyote; S30/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/Island, SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA & SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Wasabi, MCB & MCB/Canyon.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could get the TB passport pouch, unclip the lanyard and then clip it into the bag using a keystrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, a small organizer pouch would fit your passport. Before I purchased the TB passport pouch, that is what I used. Three passports fit in a small, although it is sort of tight. One or two passports would be fine.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would never put my passport in my backpack or travel bag. It must be on my body in a secure pocket or small cross body bag attached under my clothes at all times when I'm overseas. Call me paranoid, but if your S25 gets stolen, there goes your passport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second BWeaves. My passport is on my person while enroute. Always. There is a copy of my passport tucked into each bag I travel with. Once I get to my destination, my actual passport stays put wherever I am staying but I never go out without a copy of it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually wear my Side Effect (or sometimes, the Side Kick, now) with my wallet, passport and phone inside when I'm going through the airport and on the plane. I feel that it is more accessible and also more secure that that way. Though, really, if the backpack is at your feet it is probably fine to have the passport tucked inside it somewhere. No one's going to dig through it without being noticed; as long as it's not in an easily accessible zipper pocket in plain view, you should be good.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the document in the Passport Pouch to always be in your person, or the hotel safe, if there is one.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen bags sitting at peoples feet be swiped by someone running by. And shoulder bags ripped off shoulders. I always have a cross body bag with the strap going under my clothes. Usually a very slim "invisible" to outside eyes type of bag.

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a really nasty moment when my passport got "lost" in the darkness at the bottom of my backpack in the middle of Schipol airport while about to go through departures on the way home to the UK for Christmas, I definitely second keeping the vital document on ones person at all times. Wibble. It was only 30 seconds of frantic rummaging, but it was 30 seconds of avoidable abject terror of the kind I never wish to experience again...
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually agree with what everyone is saying. When I am not on the plane I always have my passport with me. In fact, I usually keep it in a "money belt" type item that goes under your shirt. However, I was really thinking about the times when you are getting on the plane and must have the passport in hand - and when when you need to to go through customs upon arrival. In those cases, I usually do not keep it in the money belt as it is a bit awkward to put it in or take it out, so I usually just slip it in my backpack for the flight. I was just thinking about where to keep it in that case.
    S19 & S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25 & GE S25/Coyote; S30/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/Island, SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA & SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Wasabi, MCB & MCB/Canyon.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMcG View Post
    I actually agree with what everyone is saying. When I am not on the plane I always have my passport with me. In fact, I usually keep it in a "money belt" type item that goes under your shirt. However, I was really thinking about the times when you are getting on the plane and must have the passport in hand - and when when you need to to go through customs upon arrival. In those cases, I usually do not keep it in the money belt as it is a bit awkward to put it in or take it out, so I usually just slip it in my backpack for the flight. I was just thinking about where to keep it in that case.
    For the flight, I try to keep in my pocket. I usually try to fly wearing some form of cargo/khakis and it rides in the cargo pocket. Too many stories about pilfering from the overheads for me to trust it in my carry-on.

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of the reasons why I wear my ScotteVest when I am traveling...my important travel documents and money are secure and easily accessible when I need them.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I would never put my passport in my backpack or travel bag. It must be on my body in a secure pocket or small cross body bag attached under my clothes at all times when I'm overseas. Call me paranoid, but if your S25 gets stolen, there goes your passport.
    Am I the only one who NEVER carries his/her passport while out and about traveling overseas? I always leave my passport in the hotel safe and only carry my CA drivers license and my Peruvian government-issued ID as forms of identification.

Earth!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use my running belt/waistpack thing as a passport holder when I am in an airport. That way I'm using something I'd already be carrying, anyway. Plus it's lightweight and slim.

As for carrying a passport when going out -- well, it depends on the place. If it's not necessary, then I carry a color copy. But there are some places where they can be sticklers about "foreigners must have a passport on them at all times." Not to be negative, but in some of these places, there are corrupt police; if you don't have a passport, they will see that as an opportunity to try to get a bribe or worse. In these places, I put it in one of my pockets along with my cash, cards, and keys. I had a cross-body bag ripped off of me by motorbike-driving thieves in Vietnam, so I almost never put anything in one that is really valuable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Am I the only one who NEVER carries his/her passport while out and about traveling overseas? I always leave my passport in the hotel safe and only carry my CA drivers license and my Peruvian government-issued ID as forms of identification.
    Nope. You are not alone. But I don't go around without a copy of it folded into a small ziplock bag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast