Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Random Thoughts Thread

Four random thoughts:

1) Ten years ago I flew to Vegas for the weekend with a carryon rollerboard and a backpack. Thanks to the magical mail fairy delivering yesterday I have 3 outfits in a PCSB, toiletries in a 3DOC clear, they're both in a PCBP along with my ipad and plenty of room to spare. That along with my bff Black Halcyon/Island sidekick is all I'm taking. I love this stuff and my poor back thanks you all.

2) TB customer service is the best. My package had a note from Mike (my first TB note!) and he made my day.

3) I did a bag swap with someone here this week. She sent mine in a TB box. I sent hers in a TB box. When I received mine yesterday it made my day just like TB boxes always do.

4) I still don't have a favorite color. I will continue my personal mission to buy one of each PCSB in an attempt to find an absolute favorite. It's scientific research and therefore my purchases can be categorized as educational. Yup, educational.
    Last edited by TRD; 02-24-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've bought almost one of every color and size of shop bag. My favorite color tends to rotate depending on the way the wind is blowing.

However, I seem stuck on aubergine for my ballistic items. I've tried a few of the other colors, but none of them have stuck.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to find a way to attach a FJN to a SK. Perhaps using clips although last night I imagines, in a very tired state, just painting the plainer sides with glue and smushing them together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you put a couple triangle clips on the FJN and then make a 5/8 shoulder strap really small and run it through the clips and clip to the sides of the SK?
    I don't know how short the 5/8 shoulder strap actually gets, but I think an 8" keystrap would be too short and a 16" keystrap would be too long.

Maybe there's a way to make it work with double carabiners?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a Synapse 25 in Black Halcyon and Island. Do I want a 19 or 25 in Burnt Orange or do I need help with a Bihn addiction

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like probably most of us here, I'm a bag fiend. Every day since I got my Original Halcyon Synapse 19, I think about how much I love my bag.

Every. Single. Day.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly S View Post
    Could you put a couple triangle clips on the FJN and then make a 5/8 shoulder strap really small and run it through the clips and clip to the sides of the SK?
    I don't know how short the 5/8 shoulder strap actually gets, but I think an 8" keystrap would be too short and a 16" keystrap would be too long.

Maybe there's a way to make it work with double carabiners?
    I would love a double carabiner solution! I have four on order.

If the straps connect at the same place on each I will be thrilled, but I think the FJN straps connect higher and on the flat part of it instead of the ends, because it is meant to be usable open while on the strap. Did I see that wrong?

In my tired state I was imagining painting the plain sides with a giant paintbrush full of glue!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TB syndrome is encouraging me to up my bag game across the board. Just ordered two Brabantia peg bags (with carabiners and drawstrings) for my washing line. Why two? Mint for the pegs, black for the spacers.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brabantia peg bags? Oh, they're like travel trays for your laundry supplies!

My HOA won't allow us to have clothes lines.

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are in the wrong place to try to get help for a Bihn addiction. Unless you define "help" as need enabling to buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by unkle View Post
    I own a Synapse 25 in Black Halcyon and Island. Do I want a 19 or 25 in Burnt Orange or do I need help with a Bihn addiction