Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Praise of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag - as a packing cube

I was lucky enough to snag a PCSB (in zest!) from eBay the other day, and it's currently in my A30 on the train next to me. The PCSB isn't huge, but having finally taken the plunge I can happily confirm that - for me - it's the ideal size to hold clothing for a one night stay; which is to say, it's big enough for two rolled polo shirts to fit a 240lb, 6'2" human, two pairs of underwear and two pairs of socks. Two of everything for a one night stay, you say? Why yes! Because of my intrinsic paranoia, I anticipate using one set of things for the second day of my trip - but however long my trip I prefer to carry n+1 sets of the basics in case of unforeseen emergencies like getting soaked in a rainstorm or having an unscheduled interlude with the contents of a coffee cup. Wink

Given that the majority of my travels are single night stays, this means that the PCSB will likely replace my previous packing cube stalwart of an A45 PCBP (Packing Cube BackPack) for the majority of the time; the PCBP will continue to be brought into use for slightly longer trips. This has also made a little more space in my A30, by removing the extra fabric and straps on the PCBP relative to the PCSB. Win-win!
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Columbus, OH
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have considered grabbing a PCSB to add to my PC collection but haven't been able to justify it. This gives me more reasons to ponder it. Does anybody have pics of a PCSB inside of an S25? I've used a large A45 packing cube in there before but it always seems a bit too big. This could be a good combo for me for an overnight trip as described above.
    "Here's my life. I have to mine it, farm it, trade it, tenant it, and when the lease is up, it cannot be renewed."
    --Jeanette Winterson

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AmyMo, sadly I don't own a S25 or I'd take a pic for you...
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AmyMo here are some photos of my PCSB inside my husband's S25. It kind of swallows it Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Columbus, OH
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much. That tells me exactly what I needed. Smilie
    "Here's my life. I have to mine it, farm it, trade it, tenant it, and when the lease is up, it cannot be renewed."
    --Jeanette Winterson

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyMo View Post
    Thank you so much. That tells me exactly what I needed. Smilie
    You're very welcome. The pcsb does seem like a really good choice for S25 owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also love the PCSB as an overnight cube! Being a smaller person (5'4", size XS-S) I can usually fit a change of clothes, sleep shirt+shorts, and an "essentials" toiletry kit (Montbell light kit M, about half the size of a 3dorg cube) in the main section. The outside pocket is perfect for my sleep mask, wooden comb, and any other small items. And - most importantly, the partial zipper means that it's easy to access while keeping it in a backpack or bag, very helpful when you're not settling in somewhere and want to keep everything in one place.

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you use it in a Tri-Star, does it fit right? I'm roughly the same size and now that I seem to have bought a bunch of bags I'm thinking about accessorizing. I have an Eagle Creek envelope that I usually use for foldy stuff, but I'm open to new ideas too.

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Praise of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag - as a packing cube-dscf5025-jpg
    Here's my PCSB stuffed to the brim and nestled inside my S25.
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.