Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Organizing your Tom Bihn bits

Lots of discussion on how we use our TB products to organize our EDC and travel, but how do people keep their TB stuff organizeed at home? As m collection of TTs, OPs, keystraps, etc. grows I'm finding I need suggestions on keeping them all accessible. Right now I have my copilot stuffed with everything but there must be a better way... Smilie

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that you bring it up, I'm curious too! Right now I keep suitcases in my closet and in theory I keep packing cubes in one of the suitcases, but I don't have a good system for pouches and smaller bags at the moment.

(Also, hi from another Boston-area forumite!)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any TB stuff that I'm not using on a daily basis. S19 with various keystraps, wallets/orgainzers, a size 1 stuff sack, and a snake charmer.
    My future purchases will probably include a sidekick or side effect that will live in the S19 and be my stand alone purse when I don't need to take the backpack (which is my toddler/diaper bag).
    I'm waiting for the new product launch before I buy anything else though, in case I'd prefer one of those items.

I don't have any TB luggage, it's beautiful stuff, but we just wouldn't use it often enough to justify the purchase right now.
    We keep a pair of convertible suitcase/backpacks in a rolling suitcase that we keep in the back corner of the closet. The packing cubes and other "travel stuff" is in the suitcase too.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of my favorite posts on organizing your TB gear. I can only aspire to have such a fantastic TB collection. Love all of Taminca's bags.

https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...obsession.html

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep my TB Aether packing cubes and organizer pouches and travel trays and key straps in my A30. The key straps are all in one of the travel trays. Some of the smaller items like Q kits stack inside a 3-D packing cube like Russian nesting dolls.

My WF has all my Eagle Creek Specter packing cubes and garment folders all inside one Medium garment folder. The whole thing slips into the back section. The front section has the divider unzipped and holds my Pilot, which has my Cache inside it.

My Absolute Shoulder Straps fit inside each of the respective bags, too.

My Doggienaut36 folds up fairly flat, because it has no foam or backstraps. I'm sure I could squish it into the A30 in a pinch, but I don't. I keep the lash straps and it's shoulder strap in one end pocket.

So two full bags in a closet with a folded bag on top. These are travel bags I do not use every day.

My shop bags live by my garage door. My shop bags are folded like they came, with their straps to the inside of the fold. Then the whole stack of them (yes, I have every color) go open side DOWN into one of the 400 weight Halcyon shop bags. I used to have them open side up, but then there were a million handles flopping around, and it was messy and they'd tangle. With the open side down, I can clearly see which color I want to pull out. When I go shopping, I either grab one bag or the bag of bags. I have one group of small shop bags and one group of large shop bags, to keep the sizes separate.

I just ordered a Swift. It will probably live by itself in the weaving room.

My Side Kick and Side Effect live in my bedroom closet, because those are my everyday carries, and so don't really need to be stored.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 03-05-2017 at 06:12 AM.