Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a 16oz bottle because I am to cheap to buy bottled water .

The tap water in Sweden is great to drink, so I just fill up before I board plane/train/.., or use it as a mug at my desk. No waste of paper mugs/plastic bottles also. So basically - in my line of work/daily life I could very well do without, but prefer to have one with me as a personal preference. However my brother who works security needs his - he can't just take off whenever.

PS - sorry realize this reply is way off topic from the original question!! Since my bottle is only 16oz it fits pretty much in any bag...
    Last edited by Apresski; 03-22-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Well thanks for not addressing my main point about the thread at all?
    Actually, I DID.

I "addressed" it by saying I don't carry a bottle.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apresski View Post
    I carry a 16oz bottle because I am to cheap to buy bottled water .

The tap water in Sweden is great to drink, so I just fill up before I board plane/train/.., or use it as a mug at my desk. No waste of paper mugs/plastic bottles also.
    Swedes are lucky enough to have tap water that is safe to drink, free of fluoride -- thanks to their progressive government back in 1971 outlawing the practice of drugging the water with a proven neurotoxin based on junk "science".

46 years later, America still has yet to wake up.
    Last edited by NYCWriter; 03-22-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omg....

Well back to trying to help the the O.P. the thing that is so interesting about the Empire Builder and its use to carry computer & Water is that it is the only Bihn that I know of with a semi-rigid compartment built in.
    The main compartment is designed to be a sort of file cabinet and has more structure to it than the others that I have which makes it pretty good at carrying things that you do not want smashed or forced into the contours of a bag,like a soft plastic bottle with liquids.
    The EB is also large enough that I can often put the computer in it Vertically and this leaves enough space next to the computer for a large bottle or other Vertical things you would not expect to really fit into a Briefcase.

The EB really is a bag like few others and if I came across a nice Zephyr I wold likely add one to the closet too!

As to the SE,it is just so wide that I can always stick a bottle on the side of even the biggest computer and it just sits there safely tucked into the corner.
    I realize that this bag is no longer made but there are usually a few for sale o the used market too.

I have traveled countless miles by Car & Plane with these 2 and not had any spills at all.
    Last edited by AVService; 03-23-2017 at 05:12 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your insight.

I'm still not sure what I'll do.

Wish there was a "Super Pilot" bag!
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sose View Post
    Wish there was a "Super Pilot" bag!
    Amen!! There's really nothing available from Tom Bihn between the Pilot/Cadet (both about 13l) and the Empire Builder (22.5l)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2